Epic Perfect World

Pk?

cevans1290

Two ideas, One : Single-fighting PK zones? | Two : Pk rewards?

Lets go with one. We all know, pk can be unfair. Assassins, can kill about anyone before they can flee if they're in a 1v1. I don't know if this is possible, but it'd be a good addition. Some zones, single-way pk zones : after someone kills a player, 10 seconds before someone can attack them? Serious coding but would be better I think. All of us have pk'd, and then someone comes in and attacks. It sucks, right? This would stop that in some zones.

Now two, well - people carry guardian scrolls about always. It would be awesome, if there were 'artifacts' for kills. Ec, or coin prices - This idea from the game 'Runescape, Aka #1 Free Mmorpg' - they say. They were very little there, but this would motivate pk and make it have a purpose. Let's be honest, people spend EC on pots to buff, but they can be expensive if you spam Pking. Lets say, there were artifacts, and it was 25 ec for this one. For that kill, you spent less - but you also may get nothing.     

This would take a lot of coding, I don't even know if is possible - but if it is, would be a good addition in my opinion.

Offline Alee

• Characters: AIee
Why do you even post. Didn't you quit?  :normal-36:

cevans1290

Why do you even post. Didn't you quit?  :normal-36:
Because I can? c: Its a public forum, and I talk to people still. If it doesn't relate to my post, gtfo?

Offline Robbert

• Forum Veteran
  • fumez decolez visez aterizez
  • Faction: XP/Arti Leader
this is really stupid idk

Offline Lexmau

• Forum Veteran
jajajajajjajajajaja NO.

Offline Sycosis

• Haters make us famous.
  • Characters: Sycosis
  • Faction: OverSeers
Now, I know I'm a random non-factor nobody on the server. I've just returned to the server after quitting all PW related things last year. Started completely over with new accounts and all. But I still have an opinion and since this thread is asking for opinions here's mine.

I voted no to both. I think that it's fine just how it is. Everyone knows the risk when they leave SZ. They know that some people are just booty holes and spawn kill. It's just one of those things you have to deal with if you want to pk. All there is to it.

As for the second reason, no one needs any motivation to PK, not in my opinion anyway. There's already a lot of pk going on. Maybe not everyone in the server is pk'n or as many people are pk'n as one would like to see, but there is already pk without any extra incentive. As for it being expensive to maintain pots and so on, well; I have only one thing to say to that, if you can't afford it then you probably shouldn't be doing it. That or learn how to play without pots.

cevans1290

I voted no to both. I think that it's fine just how it is. Everyone knows the risk when they leave SZ. They know that some people are just booty holes and spawn kill. It's just one of those things you have to deal with if you want to pk. All there is to it.

As for the second reason, no one needs any motivation to PK, not in my opinion anyway. There's already a lot of pk going on. Maybe not everyone in the server is pk'n or as many people are pk'n as one would like to see, but there is already pk without any extra incentive. As for it being expensive to maintain pots and so on, well; I have only one thing to say to that, if you can't afford it then you probably shouldn't be doing. That or learn how to play without pots.

You can't mass pk worth shit without pots. And its not too expensive, but over 1-5 hours of doing it, GG ec.

Offline Sycosis

• Haters make us famous.
  • Characters: Sycosis
  • Faction: OverSeers
You can't mass pk worth shit without pots. And its not too expensive, but over 1-5 hours of doing it, GG ec.

Before I quit the server a while back I mass pk'd just fine without pots. On all of my toons. I had all but BM, Barb, and EA. I never had a problem with it. I'm used to pk'n without pots. Fact is, I don't even really know when to use the pots usefully. When I have them I usually just panic click them. But if I can pk just fine in small pk, mass pk, and 1v1 without pots on 7 different classes when I'm not even the best at those classes, I think most other people can, as well. Like I said, these are just my opinions. :)

Offline eel stirfry

• Forum Veteran
  • how nostalgic
**I don't really pk**.

For 1? idk much but wouldn't it be hard to /only/ pk single way in a place, and if mass happened or something, then it would be kinda crappy ;/ but maybe yeah if its possible to keep to areas for 1v1 or something

For 2 probably not sorry fren :c. People choose to PK or not, and this is a PVE and PK server (granted, a lot of people are more interested in PK, but still). Also, if people are just spawn killing, then wouldn't they get rewards for being an ass and standing there and kill people with low hp that just spawned?

correct me if i'm reading your intentions wrong ;c

//i wont vote though because i don't pk :c
Last Edit: May 26, 2014, 05:01 am by ☣EvilEye23☣
(:

Offline Alee

• Characters: AIee
You're pathetic. Work on your survability then if you can't spend your gold on a few elixirs a day.

Offline 𝓕 𝓪 𝔂 𝓮

• Yikes.
  • 𝓟𝓸𝓽 𝓹𝓻𝓲𝓷𝓬𝓮𝓼𝓼
Two ideas, One : Single-fighting PK zones? | Two : Pk rewards?

Lets go with one. We all know, pk can be unfair. Assassins, can kill about anyone before they can flee if they're in a 1v1. I don't know if this is possible, but it'd be a good addition. Some zones, single-way pk zones : after someone kills a player, 10 seconds before someone can attack them? Serious coding but would be better I think. All of us have pk'd, and then someone comes in and attacks. It sucks, right? This would stop that in some zones.

Now two, well - people carry guardian scrolls about always. It would be awesome, if there were 'artifacts' for kills. Ec, or coin prices - This idea from the game 'Runescape, Aka #1 Free Mmorpg' - they say. They were very little there, but this would motivate pk and make it have a purpose. Let's be honest, people spend EC on pots to buff, but they can be expensive if you spam Pking. Lets say, there were artifacts, and it was 25 ec for this one. For that kill, you spent less - but you also may get nothing.     

This would take a lot of coding, I don't even know if is possible - but if it is, would be a good addition in my opinion.

This one, I'm pretty sure Agatio cannot do, sorry.

This one, there's already Old Bronze Coins that drop if you die that you can get from Nightscream Island. But if he implemented something else like this, yeah, it might make a few more people pk but it'll be randoms that QQ because they're used to pve. And we really don't need more ways to get EC. Plus, not everyone has guardian scrolls/some people run out. I've seen people get some good stuff from pk drops lol.

I'm a no on all.

Offline Sly_Man

I will not vote. I don't PK.

But:
Killing mob gives some drops.
Killing other player should give too.
And not from his bag, but same as regular mob drop.
Present inventory drops should remain the same, and [Guardian Scroll] should save you the same as before.

I don't like being killed in the middle of my base dailies, this idea would make all kind of dailies even worse for me.

But those lazy arses who "hate PvE for getting coins and stuff" may get more pleasure in the game.
We all come here for pleasure.
Give QQ-ers what they want, or they will cry and vary the same request again and again.

~~~~~

And I will switch my cleric back to blue name and won't heal sworded ones in GV any more.
Unless it becomes possible with blue name.
Or unless [Resurrection Scroll] gets further reduction in Cooldown.
60-90 sec CD would be the best.

I like PvE. There are sometimes some puzzles to solve.
Or farming mats with friends can be so relaxing, and relations can last much longer than killing each other.

Tried PK several times, won some battles, but what then?
Never found pleasure in killing another player. It is so straight forward, for lazy minds.
And I have nothing to prove.
Last Edit: May 26, 2014, 05:21 am by Sly_Man
"You're mine" - he said, put ring on her finger and took her home. Naked. Forever.

Offline Achilles

• Characters: Achilles_, _Achilles
  • Faction: Artifex
No.

1. This opens room for a lot of abuse by players.
2. There are classes in PW that doesn't nearly get as much kills as others and it's not fair for those classes to be rewarded for what is only one part of PK (killing) when there are support classes that contribute as much, or more, in their own respective methods.

Offline Feone

• Forum Veteran
No thanks, we don't need even more archers and sins.

Aside from that, recipe for abuse.

Offline Ormin

Achilles and Feone gave much better point than Sly_Man.

But single Fighting PK zones could be nice. Say, Nightscream, West/North Gate, Lost, Cromagnon, Misfo... to be multicombat.
Arena, or Heaven/Hell to be single combat.

But I'm not sure game mechanic is capable of it.
It would require additional subroutines to prevent attack on already attacked player, and the way things are I don't think there was any intention to add such subroutines in the first place.
It is probably in the hands of PWI developers in China.

BTW, 60 sec CD on Res Scroll would make much more good than bad.
Last Edit: May 26, 2014, 08:08 am by Ormin