Epic Perfect World

New class/race ideas

Offline ahed

• Forum Veteran
  • Faction: Artifex/Apollumi
oh so many things come to mind :normal-2:

But I realise that I don't want those new races at all

I mean, a vampire for example :-[ they are awesome but I don't even know how to imagine a vamp in pw, kinda, not fitting... Vamps are awesome in FW but they'd be weird in pw.

Also, witch? we have wizards... nothing new

and no to the new classes

maybe pwi will someday create a supah weirdo new race, but they'll probably suck and I'll hate them

like I hate tideborn

sorry I hate every tideborn in pw. Especially female assassins.. the way they run, stand, move, fight

so annoying...

veri

veri anoying

so mcuh anoyoing

how can y be so annoying

yea new race would be nice
before creating any new classes
maybe first they should fix the game
broken as *** lol

Offline Broobndoobn

• Old Player
Need proper metal mages.

Offline Steroids

• God of Noobs
  • Faction: Rawr
The only thing I can think of would be a race featuring music classes such as a bard. I miss that about another MMO I played before I came to PW.

There are already races under beast(untamed), nature(earthguard), air(elves), water(tideborn), and neutral(human). A musically-inclined race would be nice.
RO had everything XD Dancers, musicians, ninjas, blacksmiths etc.

Offline Deea

• My name is Deea
  • not Dea QQ
The only thing I can think of would be a race featuring music classes such as a bard. I miss that about another MMO I played before I came to PW.

There are already races under beast(untamed), nature(earthguard), air(elves), water(tideborn), and neutral(human). A musically-inclined race would be nice.
or fire.

Offline Sly_Man

some one tell me what u think of the ideas of the mystic knight

I think that it belongs to that other game where you saw it.

Here there's not enough stat points to cover AA/HA combination it proposes.

AA(Mystic)/HA(Knight) would have both BM and Wizard abilities.
Tell me how you plan to balance it with other classes.
Something like HA Veno?

What about skills? How many of them ranged? And which ones?
MetalGush? WaterSlash? LavaWhip? SonicWall(AoE)?

And what weapon would it use? Magic Sword changed to require STR?
(Same as STR Pataka for Veno?)
"You're mine" - he said, put ring on her finger and took her home. Naked. Forever.

LOLnopeee

I used to play a lunia and there was a class like that. Best game I have ever played, sadly it closed.

Offline Sleep

• Retired Staff Member
  • A really saucy
  • Empathy is a dying art.
  • Characters: Sleep|Snooze|Opiate|Snore
  • Faction: EPW_Team
or fire.

If they could alter burning heart into a beginning city, then yes, that'd be cool as well.

I used to play a lunia and there was a class like that. Best game I have ever played, sadly it closed.

I played a game called Allods a few years back when I took a break from PWI. They had a bard class that I absolutely loved. :c

Overall, I think PWI did a horrible job organizing their races and classes. It's really hard to decide whether they were basing them off of elemental differences or adding random body parts to them (ears and tails, wings, fins, etc) and calling them a race. It must be a challenge for them to create an entirely new race when other races can cover all of the elements. There are five elements, and I think only the Tideborn and Earthguard races have stayed the truest to their trade, being their skillsets.

I'd like to see them re-organize these or even remove the bracket for the class-to-race specifications, similar to TERA and other games, as to allow classes available for all races and give permanent race perks to each race and giving classes base skills plus the added race perks. That'd also free up a lot of room for new race and class ideas. Though, that might make for an entirely different game.

You don't want to exasperate GN Sleep  :pig-11: :pig-37:

Offline Ky

• Forum Veteran
I don't see the difference between guns and bows. Both have range, both need ammo, both are slow.

And yeah, I wasn't really making a suggestion here. I was just saying that instead of making more classes, we can simply upgrade the existing ones.

Also, this isn't like the reawakening. You just have to do a short chain (like culti) and poof, you're upgraded. No need to relevel. And about gear, there could be an option that lets us recraft our existing R8r into the upgraded R8r (it will keep the extra attributes and just increase the base stats, or add a few more attributes)

I mean having "magic" and "technology"(guns) at the same time its stupid

Offline Reims

An action gunslinger lol, more of a cowboy who cant target  ;D

Offline LeannLightkneen

• /-INK Artist-\
  • Words remind you of respect, violence teaches scum what respect really is.
  • Characters: LeannLTKneen
  • Faction: SoulAbyss
[shadow=gray,right]  New class and race ideas, if I were to think of something that would still sort of mingle with the Perfect World theme and be pretty fun to try out . . . let me see.

My first thought sort of goes out to that Vampire / Werewolf theme, which many games like to sort of dab in here and there.
  Could make room on the map a little more north where a major city has yet to be established, and produce some sort of Gothic architecture within their homelands. Within, could two relatively diverse classes from the same race co- exist. {For the most part}

I'm struggling with a name for a race, but that's perfectly okay since this is merely a contribution to some thoughts for this topic.  :P
  But some thoughts sort of ran alone with "Rogues," "Rebels," "Demons (we already have a Human race after all)," "RedMoon Clan" or anything else that would sound way better ...

One class from this race could be more of a flexible race that uses speed and quick reaction spells and curses.
Some ideas I had for this one was a spiked- whip like weapon (primarily used for a drain skill; where the long whip piece of the weapon snares the target and steals a certain amount of HP and adds it to their own hp- which can be counteracted with a fast stun (if successful, this speedy class would have some nice dodging capability- just not over the top, of course).
Another longer ranged attack would be a "jump into the fray" sort of skill, where the whip could act as a personal sling- shot. A successful throw and strike of the spike- whip would grab the enemy, and then launch the user towards the target when the skill is activated a second time. (Where, then, the DPS could kick in, making use of the straight blades coming out of the top of some tough gloves, specially manufactured by their own race.)
A stealth ability wouldn't be too bad for their style, but I really don't find that necessary as they will be devilishly fast.

As for the other class of this race, something more animal and warlike in nature.
Two basic assets of this one was a buff that lasts a few seconds, that would immensely boost attack speed and drain a certain amount of health per hit. (a more survival orientated skill.)
Besides that, this would be a bit more tanky. (Nothing as tanky as a Barbarian, but enough to make this own class unique from the others.)
The other idea for this one was to have a rampaging skill where they step heavy and launch themselves onto a selected area and have a few second stun to all targets in the area that is hit. (Again, it has to succeed to land the stun, so Sin's with the buff would have a better survival rate when suddenly getting pounced on. Lol)

Both classes could be male or female (as for the second one that is more animal- like, I would leave that up for debate on the looks. I don't just want to go for a werewolf, but a variety of selections of animals (and new looks for each one depending on a male or female character).

That'll be all for me. This, again, is only an idea that I think would be a fairly fun experience.
 :-*

My soul exhales cold in the
Name of the serpent that
Is bound to strike, and I,
Leann, who intends to grasp its tail, I
Lightkneen, who plots the bellicose bite of justice,
       shall make this storm my herald of vengeance!

Offline TimeDeath

Actually, I'm against more races and classes. If they want to implement something new, they should add 2nd jobs like Ragnarok (and some other games) has.

For example:
BM (after reaching a certain level, 150 in this case) can go to a NPC, do a short quest and become a Knight. New weapons for Knights, they would be the same types but the requirement would say "Knight" instead of "Blademaster". Same for armor I guess. And new skills. To make it even more interesting, you could add a choice (like sage or demon)

So,
BM
  • Knight
or
  • Paladin

Knight would be DD whereas Paladin would be tanky.

If given more thought, I'm sure the devs will be able to come up with 2 jobs for each class.
This would be Amasing xD, Like Archer,
Ranger Gives that certain archer more range, faster moving in stealth
Sniper Gives archer more damage and more skills to attack while not being knocked out of stealth

Offline Blastoise

• One with the wind
  • Characters: DoggieStylzs
well this went very good honestly I thought ppl were gonna take this  as a joke but I love the ideas guys rly do LETS HEAR SOME MORE!!!!!

Offline TimeDeath

Elf Assassin for the win!!!

Offline Steroids

• God of Noobs
  • Faction: Rawr
This would be Amasing xD, Like Archer,
Ranger Gives that certain archer more range, faster moving in stealth
Sniper Gives archer more damage and more skills to attack while not being knocked out of stealth
I was thinking more on the lines of Hunter and Sniper. As you said, sniper has more accuracy and has higher attack. Hunter has the Archer's range and attack but they can tame (not all, just wolf, bird-like creatures) as pets.

I gave it some thought.
Wizards can become Shamans (various elemental attacks) or Witch Doctors (healer of course)

Clerics can become Celestial Angels (for better metal mage) or Monks (a better healer)

Archers, Hunters and Snipers, like I said before.

Barbarians can become Dragonic Barbarians (new form, dragon, fire damage) or Barbaric Armadillo (better tank and the new form would be Armadillo)

Venomancers can be Basilisk Venomancer (new form, basilisk, higher damage) or Warlock (no new form, but better and stronger summons)

Psychics can become...uh couldn't think of anything here.

Assassins can be Spies (higher stealth) or Rogue (higher damage)

Seekers can be Champion (higher damage, physical and melee) or Asura (long range attacks, mostly metal)

Mystics can be....nothing here as well.

Offline Runic

Nono... No guns. That ruins the concept of the game...
WHAT ABOUT PICKLES?
Lol. I have problems.
And I've seen this as a thread already.
And there should be a whip class.
or.
Uh.
UH.
Pickles.

We have motorcycles, and you denounce the idea of a gun-related class?