Epic Perfect World

Give Venos their job back!

Offline CoolKid

Most of the people qqing about it here are eaither other classes or sage EA. For people who actually use the purge bow in mass pk it's really helpful when you're running low on wfs. If you remove/lowers the rate it's just another mistake. 5% is not even high wtf so stop bishing about it plz.

Offline BeNicePlease

• Forum Veteran
  • How is life this easy?
On the top 25 EA ranking there's 8 demon and 17 sage, that's basically 2:1. That's not a huge margin, and it's

yep
who u think will suffer from debuff nerf?
caster sages? DPH sages?

nerf debuff and dark EA dies. IK some smart shtter will say, oh well u just bad at dark ea.
sure w/e but that doesn't change the fact that sage will just be to overly powered compared to dark ea.

Offline ahed

• Forum Veteran
  • Faction: Artifex/Apollumi
Spirit Blackhole is 5% chance to proc,  Soul Shatter is 3%. I could lower Spirit Blackhole, although I myself don't see the current purge rate as an issue. Archers are always one the most popular class on any server or even game and lowering the purge rate by few percents won't change it. People invested a lot of time and money into lvl 140 3x -int + Spirit Blackhole bows and they wouldn't be happy about making both proc rates indifferent.
the only reason why all play EAs cause all there hits is crit hits lol

Offline BeNicePlease

• Forum Veteran
  • How is life this easy?
I have 3 aps + 101 ct if I want :)

Offline Angelala

• Boop #1
  • Getting quoted by anime pic profiles kek
  • Faction: 0FkGiven forever 🧡
I have 3 aps + 101 ct if I want :)
lolnoob 90 ct
BlueDragon - Atomic/Bionic
Storm❤/Void/Nex - Imisandre/Fennekin
Golden - Kurenai
Epic - Accident/Imisandre/Yrden

Offline Feone

• Forum Veteran
give me veno with ur lvl of gear ill be #1 for 4 months

My gear is nothing special.

In any case, anyone can be in the ranking with enough time spent.
The point is, that since the ranking is almost exclusively EA and sin those classes are being played more than anything else. People always play the strongest/OP classes most.
Nearly all demon eas use dragon bow for its purge and faster attack speed combined with demon quickshot, which is probably the only reason people choose demon. But demon quickshot has only 50% chance to proc, which means 50% of the time demon eas do not get any aps boost, which makes them have about the same attack speed as sage but with lower attack. Furthermore, most of the demon eas do not have the "standard" aps gears (3x int wrists, 2x int top, 1x int boots) due to their high cost to achieve. Therefore, lowering the proc rate of spirit blackhole will further weaken demon eas and eventually kill them. For sage eas, most of them use r8 att lvl bow/dragon xbow, so there is no issues with them.

Also, from statistics standpoint:
Lowering the proc rate from 5% to 3% would make a big difference, and lowering the proc rate from 3% to 2% would make a tremendous difference (someone suggested to lower the proc rate of spirit blackhole from 5 to 3% and soul shatter from 3 to 2%). There is a reason why it was set to 5% and 3% respectively. Without understanding the reasons behind, it would be dangerous to make changes.

Just to give you some ideas:
The minimum number of hits needed to have at least 1 purge hit such that the probability is at least 50% is:
proc.rate                          number of hits
5%                                           14
4%                                           17
3%                                           23
2%                                           35
1%                                           69

Agatio pointed out that the proc rate doesn't affect much when there are many eas hitting you with purge bow. The result tells us that:
If you receive at least 14 hits from eas using spirit blackhole bow, you have at least 50% chance to be purged.

If you receive at least 23 hits from eas using soul shatter bow, you have at least 50% chance to be purged.

If you receive at least 15 to 22 hits from eas using spirit blackhole bow and soul shatter bow, you have at least 50%  chance to be purged, depending on the number of each bow.

And notice that not every ea uses purge bow. So, Agatio could be right or wrong, as it depends on how many times you get hit and what bow do the hits come from.

=END=
Last Edit: May 14, 2014, 07:50 pm by IDuKnow

Offline Broobndoobn

• Old Player
I believe it's fine as is.

Offline Indifferent

Ok, I might be off topic, but to whoever said archers die way too easily. You're just wrong. You'll NEVER land a hit on an archer that knows how to position itself/kite.I'm sick of archers complaining about how much damage they take, about how squishy they are to any damage, well let me tell you buddy that if you take a look at some good archer's videos, you'll noticed that you're not really supposed to take any damage at all, and how do you do that? leaping, kiting positioning yourself wisely and still hitting your enemy like a ***ing truck. Archers are the most annoying class atm in my honest opinion. Take a look at Unmatched/harpist/LumpyNuts/CIeanse/Egomaniac's gameplay if you dont believe me.

On topic:

I don't really see a problem with the purge rate as every archer in this server and their moms are either DPH/insta cast eas so it wouldn't make a real change imo...It's just the class itself that's just stupidly annoying but I guess that's how they're supposed to be.  :'(

Venos do still have their role in mass pk; if you think their only role is to purge then you must be missing out on chi burn, amplify,nova,myriad blah blah blah...

But yes, indeed,  archers are annoying.   :-\
Last Edit: May 14, 2014, 08:46 pm by Indifferent

scxclfbdnkgw

Ok, I might be off topic, but to whoever said archers die way too easily. You're just wrong. You'll NEVER land a hit on an archer that knows how to position itself/kite.I'm sick of archers complaining about how much damage they take, about how squishy they are to any damage, well let me tell you buddy that if you take a look at some good archer's videos, you'll noticed that you're not really supposed to take any damage at al, and how do you do that? leaping, kiting positioning yourself wisely and still hitting your enemy like a ***ing truck. Archers are the most annoying class atm in my honest opinion. Take a look at Unmatched/harpist/LumpyNuts/CIeanse/Egomaniac's gameplay if you dont believe me.
That's your guildmate _Soochi

Offline Tavern

• Old Player
Please give veno purge in human form+20 def lvl+50 atk lvl for make balance on server. Also remove Elf Archer Blessing of 10 channeling -10.

Offline ahed

• Forum Veteran
  • Faction: Artifex/Apollumi
Please give veno purge in human form+20 def lvl+50 atk lvl for make balance on server. Also remove Elf Archer Blessing of 10 channeling -10.
+1  :normal-2:

Vegas

Tbh I hate the seal freeze proc more than Spirit Blackhole.

Offline Delirious

• Fighting on the edge of Insanity.....
  • Characters: Adamantite
I agree give venos theyre job back even he agrees |
                                                                                  |
                                                                                  V

Offline Milan

• Forum Veteran
  • Faction: Tyrants
Also remove Elf Archer Blessing of 10 channeling -10.
^^ i still don't know why is hasn't been removed at all. Archers have -10% on ct weap already and there's no reason to have that kind of enhancement.
Lets not forget the 10% nerf from 20% channel blessing
i lol'ed

As you can see there will always be archers who will take this kind of disquisition VERY PERSONAL who will think of this as way to underpower their NAME and EGO. So instead of  letting ppl arguing about this, which can last forever, devs and GMs can take it to test server and test it out. Also as test toons use archers with average  gear because  point of power hides there too.
I personally don't play ea but i have one and even tho as u say 5% chance is low LOT OF TIME i get purging effect going 2 or 3 times in row hit after hit. ijs
Last Edit: May 14, 2014, 10:57 pm by ƔὌṖ