Epic Perfect World

Give Venos their job back!

Offline inferno

So lately I have noticed that all it takes to win PK is to have a few archers that spam arrows with a cleric and some meatshields.
How about we give venos their job back and replace all Blackhole stats on dragon weapons with Soul Shatter?(change Archer's bow and melee class' pike[and maybe add an 0.05 interval as recompensation to pikes] into "Dragon Weapon Token", which would let owners recraft their dragon weps again, with changed stats)
You can keep r8r blackhole, since ppl that want it would sacrifice attack lvl/def lvl/other stats they could use on r8r to get it and archers wouldn't have -0.10 interval on it.
I mostly want archers to loose it, since they already can kill pretty much anyone easily with their super high interval/casting.

If archers were meant to have an easy chance for purge, they would have a skill that would let them have it.
"PWI developers added blackhole for a reason"? Before, when PWI didn't focus on making money off cash shoppers as much, there was only the soul shatter stat. I wonder why (maybe because it didnt break balance?)  On p.servers, where everyone can get it without spending any money or years of farming, that's kinda balance breaking.

Doing this, people would make more venos to purge people, which would make PK more interesting than just having 23407 archers spam arrows for the purge effect.

Inb4haterage from all those 1mil random archers that love pressing 3 skills and autoattack/mashing keyboard with insta cast to kill.
Inb4 "Archers are weak, don't nerf them more". Ofc they aren't weak, you can see that because everyone uses them.

(I will not reply to this thread to avoid any sort of drama/intents of trolling)

Are u fkin dumb ? Do you play the same game i do ? first of all, archers get 1 hit by almost all classes second of all sage archer is a popular class, demon isn't sage archers hit at 0.8 or 0.9 with dragon bow max with 5% purge rate u purge every 20 hits.

So lets look at venos, almost all good venos are pretty much insta cast. Have fox form which sky rockets their defense to pretty much that of a BM. Apart from a pet which stun locks better than most BMs on this server. Bramble hood reduction. The physical damage reflect skill. Oh lets not forget your veno immune skill. Most venos have vit/ magic genie spam AD and expel for days. Lets assume your not poor as fk and have sutra pots thats around 5 mins of recyclable immune time / defense time which archer cant do sh1t.

Sure if your looking for balance make venos support class again reduce their channeling by a lot and then reduce purge bow chances or w/e.

Lets also look at the nerfs archers have received in the past billion patches.

So archers have poop defense, all they had was pretty much sh1t loads of anti stuns, to translate anti stuns into defense would mean IGs but our well educated developers thought it was a good idea to make IGs retardedly hard to get making them pretty much a 1 hit to any class which nuke and crit.

Some clever guy suggested that psys need a buff, so our brilliant developer again made a brilliant call to let them refine their weapon to +12, meaning archers with 4 magic ornis + def level wepon get 1 hit by psys on crits, i mean hell yea archers so opd !!

Lets not forget the 10% nerf from 20% channel blessing........... so some retarded sin died in a 1v1 to an archer, WHAT BLASPHEMY !!!! the forums erupted with "ZOMG archers are OPd threads", then are brilliant dev with years of PW knowledge decided to reduce the channel blessing such wise calls.

So our protagonist was sitting on his chair thinking "Hmm how can i fk archers even more". Then he decided that marriage blessing are the trick, lets give all classes +6 attack level and +6 defense level, lets make archers compromise on that 10% msave which pretty much is the only reason the use Wingrise or Stunning arrow before a disable from any other classes.

Then came sirens of war, archer BV didnt reduce their own maximum HP BY 20% !! AND A 2 MINUTE COOLDOWN !??!?!?!?! AWAKEN 5 MIN COOLDOWN WTF PWI DEVS DUMB ??? Our protagonist was enraged, he pulled his latop in fury and decided to come up with ideas to nerf this wretched class !!!

While a brainstorming session ensued, PWI answer their calls, delivered a brilliant new patch called "New Horizons". Many people asked for who. So archers got this brilliant new skill which does wood damage over time !!!!! OMG PERFECT BALANCE SUCH DAMAGE SUCH WOOD MUCH WOW MAGIC DAMAGE #BALANCE ? Lets change wingspan into a cool new name which does pretty much the same thing hehe i bet these idiot archers will fall for it !! So archers have anti stun hmmm lets give barbs a skill that stuns through anti stuns HEHEHE. Sins were never Opd such a weak classes its not like they can 3 hit ppl before their charm ticks in aps mode pfftt, lets give em a new skill called Elimination !!! not opd at all. Wizards such weak classes since genie spark + undine doesnt make ur fire resistance pretty much 0 :(, lets randomly combine two other skills and make em heiro bug these archers !! that ll teach em a lesson. Lets give metal mages 0 sec cyclone on an insta cast server ! this way archers can no longer live hahaha. Venos were so weak in the past patches they just won 80% of the 1v1 tourneys before so they need a buff, hmmmm lets give em a pet monkey which stuns ppl every 3 secs HAHAH THAT OUGHT TO TEACH THEM ARCHERS !!

If you cry about archers being OPd, your brain dead. go to a doctor or delete your forums account cuz ur just bad.

If your crying about archer spirit blackhole being 5%, im assuming that the lack of breast feeding caused low IQ and this post.

Your a veno, because of the retarded moves done on this server you have the potential to kill on an originally intended support class, you have had pets which have done single bleed kills in the past. Stop trying to nerf other classes when your playing the most opd class in EPW. Demon veno, if you disagree go listen to Justin Beiber and die.

Im done, rage over !
removed by GM

Offline VookieCookie

• Forum Veteran
You are plain wrong about the speed. If you get an EA to shoot something you will have more purges over the same time than a veno can put on it. Venos just get to plan when they use their purge, archers however purge much more frequently.

I suppose it isn't fair to remove the proc from bows with random rolls, wouldn't be an issue for dragon but for primal and nirvana bows yea.

Easiest would be to reduce proc rate of Spirit Blackhole to that 3% and then adjust Soul Shatter to 2% to maintain the value of the adds.

A few percents is huge. 5% is one every 20 shots on average. Those 0.30 blackhole bows you mention allow some sins to reach 2.0 int and above, add to that randomness and they purge 3-4 times faster than venos.

Almost every EA has over 1 aps which means they too purge faster than venos.

Making the rates equal isn't neccesary though, just reduce both adds accordingly.
10.0 int*

Offline Johania

NO WAY.  everyone wants to change this game every time. IF YOU CHANGE IT THEN IT WONT BE "PERFECT" WORLD ANYMORE. learn to play and deal with what we have. AND I AM AGAINST ANY CHANGES TO THIS.  IF YOU DON'T LIKE THE WAY IT IS MOVE TO ANOTHER GAME.

Offline Darunia ஜ

• ...Because it is.
  • Censorship is the bane of creativity.
  • Characters: An ungodly amount
  • Faction: Tragic
You are plain wrong about the speed. If you get an EA to shoot something you will have more purges over the same time than a veno can put on it. Venos just get to plan when they use their purge, archers however purge much more frequently.

I suppose it isn't fair to remove the proc from bows with random rolls, wouldn't be an issue for dragon but for primal and nirvana bows yea.

Easiest would be to reduce proc rate of Spirit Blackhole to that 3% and then adjust Soul Shatter to 2% to maintain the value of the adds.

A few percents is huge. 5% is one every 20 shots on average. Those 0.30 blackhole bows you mention allow some sins to reach 2.0 int and above, add to that randomness and they purge 3-4 times faster than venos.

Almost every EA has over 1 aps which means they too purge faster than venos.

Making the rates equal isn't neccesary though, just reduce both adds accordingly.

I dunno, I'm sitting on .83 aps as a sage archer, so...considering a non chan/non aps archer, it really is 1 in 1000 arrows for me.

And it's seriously luck-based.  Someone mentioned PW Murphy's Law, and I totally agree there.  It's like purify weapon: procs when you don't want it to (or when it's completely useless to), then don't proc when you have like 5 sins on your ass. 

Are u fkin dumb ? Do you play the same game i do ? first of all, archers get 1 hit by almost all classes second of all sage archer is a popular class, demon isn't sage archers hit at 0.8 or 0.9 with dragon bow max with 5% purge rate u purge every 20 hits.

So lets look at venos, almost all good venos are pretty much insta cast. Have fox form which sky rockets their defense to pretty much that of a BM. Apart from a pet which stun locks better than most BMs on this server. Bramble hood reduction. The physical damage reflect skill. Oh lets not forget your veno immune skill. Most venos have vit/ magic genie spam AD and expel for days. Lets assume your not poor as fk and have sutra pots thats around 5 mins of recyclable immune time / defense time which archer cant do sh1t.

Sure if your looking for balance make venos support class again reduce their channeling by a lot and then reduce purge bow chances or w/e.

So archers have poop defense, all they had was pretty much sh1t loads of anti stuns, to translate anti stuns into defense would mean IGs but our well educated developers thought it was a good idea to make IGs retardedly hard to get making them pretty much a 1 hit to any class which nuke and crit.

Some clever guy suggested that psys need a buff, so our brilliant developer again made a brilliant call to let them refine their weapon to +12, meaning archers with 4 magic ornis + def level wepon get 1 hit by psys on crits, i mean hell yea archers so opd !!

Lets not forget the 10% nerf from 20% channel blessing........... so some retarded sin died in a 1v1 to an archer, WHAT BLASPHEMY !!!! the forums erupted with "ZOMG archers are OPd threads", then are brilliant dev with years of PW knowledge decided to reduce the channel blessing such wise calls.

So our protagonist was sitting on his chair thinking "Hmm how can i fk archers even more". Then he decided that marriage blessing are the trick, lets give all classes +6 attack level and +6 defense level, lets make archers compromise on that 10% msave which pretty much is the only reason the use Wingrise or Stunning arrow before a disable from any other classes.

Then came sirens of war, archer BV didnt reduce their own maximum HP BY 20% !! AND A 2 MINUTE COOLDOWN !??!?!?!?! AWAKEN 5 MIN COOLDOWN WTF PWI DEVS DUMB ??? Our protagonist was enraged, he pulled his latop in fury and decided to come up with ideas to nerf this wretched class !!!

While a brainstorming session ensued, PWI answer their calls, delivered a brilliant new patch called "New Horizons". Many people asked for who. So archers got this brilliant new skill which does wood damage over time !!!!! OMG PERFECT BALANCE SUCH DAMAGE SUCH WOOD MUCH WOW MAGIC DAMAGE #BALANCE ? Lets change wingspan into a cool new name which does pretty much the same thing hehe i bet these idiot archers will fall for it !! So archers have anti stun hmmm lets give barbs a skill that stuns through anti stuns HEHEHE. Sins were never Opd such a weak classes its not like they can 3 hit ppl before their charm ticks in aps mode pfftt, lets give em a new skill called Elimination !!! not opd at all. Wizards such weak classes since genie spark + undine doesnt make ur fire resistance pretty much 0 :(, lets randomly combine two other skills and make em heiro bug these archers !! that ll teach em a lesson. Lets give metal mages 0 sec cyclone on an insta cast server ! this way archers can no longer live hahaha. Venos were so weak in the past patches they just won 80% of the 1v1 tourneys before so they need a buff, hmmmm lets give em a pet monkey which stuns ppl every 3 secs HAHAH THAT OUGHT TO TEACH THEM ARCHERS !!

If you cry about archers being OPd, your brain dead. go to a doctor or delete your forums account cuz ur just bad.

If your crying about archer spirit blackhole being 5%, im assuming that the lack of breast feeding caused low IQ and this post.

Your a veno, because of the retarded moves done on this server you have the potential to kill on an originally intended support class, you have had pets which have done single bleed kills in the past. Stop trying to nerf other classes when your playing the most opd class in EPW. Demon veno, if you disagree go listen to Justin Beiber and die.

Im done, rage over !

Okay, breathe.

Archers did get the short end of the stick a lot in the past, but people worked around it.  If that meant spending a little extra for more -chan, then that's how it went.  Or rolling their r8r bow for attack lvl x4 stats to make up for the lost attack levels from the blessing.  They found ways around the nerfs and got (as close to) their power back. 

Like I said, it's just too late to really modify anything because it's been around for so long.  This is a huge nerf that doesn't need to be done in haste.  What's the extra 2% loss on Spirit Blackhole gonna accomplish? It would have to be nerfed further for any effect, and then at that point there really is no point in it.

Stay Classy.
Mikau - 150 Sage Archer (unofficially retired)
Darunia - 150 Demon Cleric (unoffical new main)
Catfish - 150 Sage Psy (main PK gal)
Phalanx - 150 Demon BM (because impulsive)

Offline Cynix

• Who is Cynix?
  • Jealousy is just love and hate at the same time.
  • Faction: Salvation
Purge should stay. The chance is low, and there are already too many sage chan ea's as it is.  No use nerfing the few remaining aps ea's.
I'm basically 40

Offline SHINIGAMI

• Pharmaceutical/IT Guy :p
  • May you live every day of your life.
  • Characters: Labs, Labradoodle
No thanks..

as much as it sounds nice as someone who doesn't play the class, i think it's quite fair the way it is.
#Retired #BusyWithThatDadLyf

Offline inferno

If anything purge chances should be increased. What makes demon archer viable now ?? Sage has more damage more crit lesser cooldown better passive. Only thing that gives demon a glimmer of hope is the quickshot proc'd purge bow time, it does almost no damage but its pretty much for the purge and u reduce that ? Are u downer ? LOL
removed by GM

Offline inferno

http://epicpw.com/index.php?page=ranking

8 demon archers in the top 25 archer pk kills chart and your crying about spirit black hole ? Go get a life and a bionic brain.
removed by GM

scxclfbdnkgw

first of all, archers get 1 hit by almost all classes
No they don't, not at all... That's not even close to true

second of all sage archer is a popular class, demon isn't sage archers hit at 0.8 or 0.9 with dragon bow max with 5% purge rate u purge every 20 hits.
On the top 25 EA ranking there's 8 demon and 17 sage, that's basically 2:1. That's not a huge margin, and it's actually way close than every single other class. Not that it matters since you're demon, _Soochi

So lets look at venos, almost all good venos are pretty much insta cast.

I can't think of any WFs that are -99, can you show me one? They're all built for defense.

Have fox form which sky rockets their defense to pretty much that of a BM.

And makes them completely unable to kill anyone

Apart from a pet which stun locks better than most BMs on this server. Bramble hood reduction. The physical damage reflect skill. Oh lets not forget your veno immune skill. Most venos have vit/ magic genie spam AD and expel for days. Lets assume your not poor as fk and have sutra pots thats around 5 mins of recyclable immune time / defense time which archer cant do sh1t.
If you're dying to a WF in fox form that's your fault. They can't kill anything without going human which reduces defenses by insane amounts.

WF has no channeling except what they get on the r8 set

Care to point those out?

So archers have poop defense
If you don't build for defense you won't get any. You already have 2 antistuns, 2 leaps, an immunity, stealth, purify and heal with 2spark, 3 stuns. If you want defense get a defense level bow and defense stats on you r8r instead of int or ct. Build for defense cards instead of atk lv/dex/crit.

all they had was pretty much sh1t loads of anti stuns, to translate anti stuns into defense would mean IGs but our well educated developers thought it was a good idea to make IGs retardedly hard to get making them pretty much a 1 hit to any class which nuke and crit.
"Retardedly hard" = answering some questions and killing some mobs? Wow, if that's difficult for you I can see why you can't kill a WF.

Again, this is because you're building full attack.

There were EAs with 99ct and 2aps. That's pretty ridiculous.

So our protagonist was sitting on his chair thinking "Hmm how can i fk archers even more".
lmao

Then he decided that marriage blessing are the trick, lets give all classes +6 attack level and +6 defense level, lets make archers compromise on that 10% msave which pretty much is the only reason the use Wingrise or Stunning arrow before a disable from any other classes.
EPs suffer from mana loss but I don't see any of them coming on the forums and cussing other people out because they're so upset they can't fathom trading that for defense and attack levels. The marriage blessing isn't required, you use it if you want its stats. Why should you have both? That's like asking to use a defense weapon and an attack weapon. Are you okay?

So archers got this brilliant new skill which does wood damage over time !!!!! OMG PERFECT BALANCE SUCH DAMAGE SUCH WOOD MUCH WOW MAGIC DAMAGE #BALANCE ?
That was optional. The fact that you got it is entirely your own fault. Do your research.

So archers have anti stun hmmm lets give barbs a skill that stuns through anti stuns HEHEHE.
That new barb skill doesn't stun. It doesn't have anything to do with antistun either. Have you ever actually looked at any of these skills you're complaining about?

How hypocritical

Ugh you're so ignorant

Im done, rage over !
I doubt that
Last Edit: May 14, 2014, 05:15 pm by elijahsucks

Offline Mars Attacks!

• Forum Veteran
http://epicpw.com/index.php?page=ranking

8 demon archers in the top 25 archer pk kills chart and your crying about spirit black hole ? Go get a life and a bionic brain.

Who are you?  :-X

Offline Feone

• Forum Veteran
Nearly the entire top100 is archers and sins.

But they're not OP, of course.

Offline inferno

Have u ever lost a 1v1 to an archer let alone demon archer ? answer honestly.
removed by GM

Offline Bill Dipperly

• God of TW
  • Faction: storm

give me veno with ur lvl of gear ill be #1 for 4 months

Offline inferno

Have u ever lost a 1v1 to an archer let alone demon archer ? answer honestly.

Im assuming u feel good about urself that u havnt and think u have good skill, but u dont its just a terribly weak class which gets bullied by any other class.
removed by GM

Offline Mentalista

• Forum Veteran
  • Faction: Tyrants
Wdf u claiming about? Venons still useful, as they can AoE seal and freze and have a purge skill that have low cooldown and u can throw in anyone u want with 100% chance. And dont need to talk about the no cooldown debuff that reduce phy def to 0 that is fking OP, I DONT NEED TOO TALK ABOUT THAT! Want balance son? Make soulburn damages from psys hit x1 more. Dis is unfair.

My damage log collection NEW