Epic Perfect World

Give Venos their job back!

Offline Rair

• Characters: Rair | Teiden | Shiredo (DANT3)
  • Faction: Hang☆Over
So lately I have noticed that all it takes to win PK is to have a few archers that spam arrows with a cleric and some meatshields.
How about we give venos their job back and replace all Blackhole stats on dragon weapons with Soul Shatter?(change Archer's bow and melee class' pike[and maybe add an 0.05 interval as recompensation to pikes] into "Dragon Weapon Token", which would let owners recraft their dragon weps again, with changed stats)
You can keep r8r blackhole, since ppl that want it would sacrifice attack lvl/def lvl/other stats they could use on r8r to get it and archers wouldn't have -0.10 interval on it.
I mostly want archers to loose it, since they already can kill pretty much anyone easily with their super high interval/casting.

If archers were meant to have an easy chance for purge, they would have a skill that would let them have it.
"PWI developers added blackhole for a reason"? Before, when PWI didn't focus on making money off cash shoppers as much, there was only the soul shatter stat. I wonder why (maybe because it didnt break balance?)  On p.servers, where everyone can get it without spending any money or years of farming, that's kinda balance breaking.

Doing this, people would make more venos to purge people, which would make PK more interesting than just having 23407 archers spam arrows for the purge effect.

Inb4haterage from all those 1mil random archers that love pressing 3 skills and autoattack/mashing keyboard with insta cast to kill.
Inb4 "Archers are weak, don't nerf them more". Ofc they aren't weak, you can see that because everyone uses them.

(I will not reply to this thread to avoid any sort of drama/intents of trolling)
The cute 'empire' hit a new dirt low level :D

Offline Deli_Kitty

• PW addict since 2009.
  • Characters: Deli_Kitty
  • Faction: GodsArmy
I can understand your frustration and you do have some good points, but... While venos have 100% chance to purge target (even AOE purge if sage), archers can only hope for their weapon to purge, and trust me.. its like PW Murphy law:
- if you REALLY need a purge it wont work
- if enemy archer attacks you, he will purge you in first hit
So yeah... We can complain till eternity about purify, purge, zerk bla bla, but its what makes this game perfectly unbalanced and all of us addicted.

Offline Mars Attacks!

• Forum Veteran
+1 This idea is not bad at all, and I agree with it. Archers debuff better than venos nowdays.
Should keep it on r8r and lower lvl weapons.

Offline Bill Dipperly

• God of TW
  • Faction: storm
+1 This idea is not bad at all, and I agree with it. Archers debuff better than venos nowdays.
Should keep it on r8r and lower lvl weapons.
- :normal-32:

Offline Kaleidoscope

• Tangle was here ♥
  • Surge was here ♥

So. true.

Offline Milan

• Forum Veteran
  • Faction: Tyrants
archers are most popular and most played  class on this server for a reason... they have a lot of benefits end

Offline Feone

• Forum Veteran

This is true, as for all random stats. Removing spirit blackhole is still a good idea.

It's true that mass pk is mostly archer. Even sins are starting to spam those ridiculous 0.30int purge bows. (Which hurt like hell 3sparked.)

Veno purge has a fairly long cooldown. ANY blackhole weapon will easily purge more often than a veno ever could.On top of that the randomness makes it harder to stop. With some timing it's possible to block the veno purge reliably. No such tactic works on the random purges.
Add to that that venos have to go foxform and deal no damage while purging as opposed to archers who happily deal full damage while getting purges.
Lastly, venos have to go in close to purge, archers do it from max range.

I'd happily give up purge AND amp on my veno if it could get a blackhole proc on it's ranged attacks. (Not that venos need a boost.)

Archers are rather on the OP side right now (Easy to tell by how many play them in mass pk.), reducing their purge effect would be nice.

Offline Ashleiya

• NewPlayer
  • Characters: Ashleiiya - Querubin
  • Faction: Moist
I accept lol. +

Offline Danidv

• Old Player
Not sure what should be done to balance it out by i agree that drag bows and pikes should be fixed and veno's be the main purger... On r8r fine since you actually have to work for it, but Spirit Blackhole on drag bows and pikes... No..

Tl;dr: +1

Offline Esok

• Tobi ★
  • As i live all will die. ★
  • Characters: Esok ★
  • Faction: None★
lel what are u even on about
Last Edit: May 19, 2014, 11:44 am by Esok
Esok★

Offline Agatio

• Game Veteran
Spirit Blackhole is 5% chance to proc,  Soul Shatter is 3%. I could lower Spirit Blackhole, although I myself don't see the current purge rate as an issue. Archers are always one the most popular class on any server or even game and lowering the purge rate by few percents won't change it. People invested a lot of time and money into lvl 140 3x -int + Spirit Blackhole bows and they wouldn't be happy about making both proc rates indifferent.

Offline Darunia ஜ

• ...Because it is.
  • Censorship is the bane of creativity.
  • Characters: An ungodly amount
  • Faction: Tragic
Spirit Blackhole is 5% chance to proc,  Soul Shatter is 3%. I could lower Spirit Blackhole, although I myself don't see the current purge rate as an issue. Archers are always one the most popular class on any server or even game and lowering the purge rate by few percents won't change it. People invested a lot of time and money into lvl 140 3x -int + Spirit Blackhole bows and they wouldn't be happy about making both proc rates indifferent.

This; the proc rate is tiny compared to a veno's purge.  I can shoot a thousand arrows and get no purge.  Or shoot 1 and get a purge...on a mob, LOL.

Take it away now, while it's been in gameplay for years, and not only will you piss off archers/sins who have invested money on those bows, but you'll get overrun by the next op class. 

So while it's a good idea, it's too late in the game.

Stay Classy.
Mikau - 150 Sage Archer (unofficially retired)
Darunia - 150 Demon Cleric (unoffical new main)
Catfish - 150 Sage Psy (main PK gal)
Phalanx - 150 Demon BM (because impulsive)

Offline Milan

• Forum Veteran
  • Faction: Tyrants
I'd have to agree with this, it's too high % rate on the purge which is not needed, give veno their use back = purge.

amg i have to SS this and put on my wall as poster coz archer agreed  :pig-40:

Offline Feone

• Forum Veteran
This; the proc rate is tiny compared to a veno's purge.  I can shoot a thousand arrows and get no purge.  Or shoot 1 and get a purge...on a mob, LOL.

Take it away now, while it's been in gameplay for years, and not only will you piss off archers/sins who have invested money on those bows, but you'll get overrun by the next op class. 

So while it's a good idea, it's too late in the game.

You are plain wrong about the speed. If you get an EA to shoot something you will have more purges over the same time than a veno can put on it. Venos just get to plan when they use their purge, archers however purge much more frequently.

I suppose it isn't fair to remove the proc from bows with random rolls, wouldn't be an issue for dragon but for primal and nirvana bows yea.

Easiest would be to reduce proc rate of Spirit Blackhole to that 3% and then adjust Soul Shatter to 2% to maintain the value of the adds.

A few percents is huge. 5% is one every 20 shots on average. Those 0.30 blackhole bows you mention allow some sins to reach 2.0 int and above, add to that randomness and they purge 3-4 times faster than venos.

Almost every EA has over 1 aps which means they too purge faster than venos.

Making the rates equal isn't neccesary though, just reduce both adds accordingly.

Offline Nea

• Game Master
  • https://imgur.com/a/vsZDCYv
You are plain wrong about the speed. If you get an EA to shoot something you will have more purges over the same time than a veno can put on it. Venos just get to plan when they use their purge, archers however purge much more frequently.

I suppose it isn't fair to remove the proc from bows with random rolls, wouldn't be an issue for dragon but for primal and nirvana bows yea.

Easiest would be to reduce proc rate of Spirit Blackhole to that 3% and then adjust Soul Shatter to 2% to maintain the value of the adds.

A few percents is huge. 5% is one every 20 shots on average. Those 0.30 blackhole bows you mention allow some sins to reach 2.0 int and above, add to that randomness and they purge 3-4 times faster than venos.

Almost every EA has over 1 aps which means they too purge faster than venos.

Making the rates equal isn't neccesary though, just reduce both adds accordingly.
You do realise a sin with bow reaches 1,43 int with bow, if 2x int top 3x int wrist, right?( after windshield)

Back on topic : I agree with this, lowering it to 2% for shatter, 3% for blackhole would be..nice i suppose :)