Epic Perfect World

Name

Offline No[Ammo]

• Rawr O,..,O
Hello, i made a seeker actually just for fun and to troll a little...
But i really started to like her! Now shes lvl 150and full dragon but i dont like her name :( i named her FarmBOT...

Can a gm plzzzzzzzz change my name?? I want to do everything for it!!!

Offline geriatrix

• Forum Veteran
Your case is good warning for others.
Be careful, we never know exactly what will happen tomorrow.

~~~~~

And I honestly hope something can be done for you.

Unless toon names are connected with too many field relations in the database.
In that case the change can be very difficult and may generate some malfunctions.
"Don't think about winning every battle in your life.
Think only about winning the current one."

But reconsider price. You might decide to lose.

Offline No[Ammo]

• Rawr O,..,O
Your case is good warning for others.
Be careful, we never know exactly what will happen tomorrow.

~~~~~

And I honestly hope something can be done for you.

Unless toon names are connected with too many field relations in the database.
In that case the change can be very difficult and may generate some malfunctions.

Thanks :) but it really really wont happen again!! I made it for fun but with the exp glitch (wich i didnt even know)! I got lvl 150 and now that i have my dragon gear i dont want to start over! I even want to donate to the server!!!!

Offline Elu

PM/mail Agatio about it, he's the only one that could do anything about it I believe.
-Retired-

Offline tragedy

On another server, they added a boutique item you can purchase to send in to one of the main GMs (but I guess that would only be Aga here at Epic) to change your name. But you had to ask them if the name you want is actually even available first, of course. And also once the name was changed, your friend's list was wiped and you'd be out of whatever guild you were in. Completely worth it, though.
"Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one."
- Albert Einstein

Offline No[Ammo]

• Rawr O,..,O
On another server, they added a boutique item you can purchase to send in to one of the main GMs (but I guess that would only be Aga here at Epic) to change your name. But you had to ask them if the name you want is actually even available first, of course. And also once the name was changed, your friend's list was wiped and you'd be out of whatever guild you were in. Completely worth it, though.

AGA says it has to manny buggs...

:'(

Offline geriatrix

• Forum Veteran
AGA says it has to manny buggs...
Then you have two options:

Stick with the name and give it importance.

Or:
Make another toon with desired name, ask someone
to help you lvling, then trade stuff from one to another.

You will have to do Culti and get Skill Books from scratch,
but no need to make Dragon and whatever you have again.

Also, ask Aga if he can "move" lvl and stats from one to another,
and then delete old one.

Offline Liana

• Shadow in the Dark
  • ~Sparkly Fairy~
Yes the name change does have to many bugs... it comes down to if your marry n dont divorce ur chara can end up being deleted, your faction will be glitched.. n u can pm from 2 different names... i mean yeah it would be fun but in the long run it could cause some big problems for the server. the best thing i could say is lvl up another one and just move ur stuff over
Ayu~ 150 Sage Sin, Ale~ 150 Demon Veno, KinkyLove~ 150 Demon Seeker, Cosmos~ 150 Sage Mystic, KinkyAngel~ 148 Sage Cleric, MokaSan~ 145 Psy, Rosella~ 141 Wizzy, YukisKitty~ 140 Sage Barb, Niedlich~ 140 Bm

Offline N/A

Its actually fairly easy to create a new account, put a the name you want on it , and the Admin to copy the toon over and rename the old... the ID's would only show up backwards lol. But its fairly easy to be done. Ive done it before a few times XD

~just saying

Offline No[Ammo]

• Rawr O,..,O
Its actually fairly easy to create a new account, put a the name you want on it , and the Admin to copy the toon over and rename the old... the ID's would only show up backwards lol. But its fairly easy to be done. Ive done it before a few times XD

~just saying
thanks!! I'll try!

Offline No[Ammo]

• Rawr O,..,O

~just saying
So the id shows up backwards. So if i want the name lisa... I need to call my char asil?

Offline geriatrix

• Forum Veteran

~just saying

Bugs and database maintenance problems are not with toon itself,
but with connections that the toon makes around.

What I recommend to be copied is only stats, skills and gear,
but new toon will have to marry again, join the faction again,
make friends list again, and things like that.

Maybe even to redo Culti and Morai, and other quests if did them.
Culti probably before skill copy.

~~~~~

Yes, with some better database editor all can be done, but imagine the
size of the d-base and time to check all relations and indexes in there.

Offline Ninja

• Retired Staff Member
  • The god of all stalkers! :D
I would have to talk to Agatio about it but I think there is a way for us to do it without encountering any problems.
Ex-GM

Thanks Syringe for the pic & JuJuBeez for the awesome sig!

Offline No[Ammo]

• Rawr O,..,O
I would have to talk to Agatio about it but I think there is a way for us to do it without encountering any problems.
I hear a lot of people that want to do this :) maybe u could put it in boutique or something? It woukd ve a great aid for the server :)

Offline Elly

• Agony awaits
Well I know two people already who have changed names. The only problem I actually know is that your name will show up as old name until that player meets you, anywhere in any chat, Guild list, etc. And every time that player logs, you need to meet him all over again to see new name.

Elly - 150 Sage venomancer
Decipher - 150 Demon mystic

[22:32:11] Chad: the name rev
[22:32:13] Chad: is foul language