Epic Perfect World

problem with items and monsters

Offline Bitnam

Hello, I'm new here and think I'm having a problem with the monsters in the starting area as well as some of the items we start out with. One of the video guides I looked at showed bunnies in the starting area which are appearing as the letters "ERR" with the name of "Wrong ID mob" or something like that. I attached a pic to show the items I had when I started which I think were supposed to be armor and weapon. Is this how it's supposed to be? Any help would be great, thank you.
[Edit] I forgot to say that I tried both the direct download and the torrent download with the same results.
[Edit] In Archosaur's West City, all the custom NPCs are showing up as level 1 "Mistaken ID mob" with 100,000,000 hp.
Last Edit: July 11, 2012, 03:40 am by Bitnam

Offline Agatio

• Game Veteran
Go to EPW client and in folder element there is elementclient.exe - delete that file
Then start the game from patcher.exe and click on verify the files..
And then tell me the results :)

Offline Bitnam

Sorry, it didn't work. Does that mean it didn't download properly? I haven't tried the partial downloads yet, I guess I'll do that.

Offline Agatio

• Game Veteran
1. what operation system are you using?
2. try torrent..

Offline Bitnam

I'm using Windows Vista. I've already tried both the torrent and direct downloads. Should I try the torrent again?

Ok, I tried the torrent again. Still have the same problem. Is there anyone else using windows vista that has it working properly?

[Edit] The problem was with my anti-virus. It wasn't deleting or quarantining anything so I didn't even really think about it.
Last Edit: July 12, 2012, 02:39 am by Bitnam