Epic Perfect World

Can i have a feedback about my guild site?

Offline Mentalista

• Forum Veteran
  • Faction: Tyrants
Ty all for the help, well im having a problem with the RECRUITMENT APPLYS tab, i want to put it to go direct to the apply page, but i cant, or idk how to do it, the only way to apply is still via the Apply button below the Recruitment layout. Anything can help here?

My damage log collection NEW

EricaMurcas

If it is possible to do, I would like to know as well. I'm no expert at layouts, but I notice quite a bit of your material doesn't load or is blocked (I have Ad Block, I was using the elements command to see what led to where.) Make sure to check your firewall and protection, because sometimes they make a mess out of things. Like I said, I'm no expert, I know basic coding and that's about it. If anything, ask the people that made THIS site, I'm sure they know a lot more than me. Good luck. (Shivter is pretty safe security wise so you should not get anything but cookies and perhaps a few ads. You, sadly enough, cannot take those ads out as the ads are a means in which to keep the site running.)

Edit: You have two different spots to apply: The one with the classes and the other one upon signing on. I went straight to your site after logging on to mine and it gave me a choice to apply, I don't know if that's helpful or not.
Last Edit: May 07, 2014, 01:23 am by Murcas

Offline Groovy

• Imperare sibi maximum imperium est
You'll get mad but writing "using Russian tactics" will make people think you will zerg rush players that are standing AFK outside of safezone and then boast about great victory.

At least that's what RL Russia shows lately (Georgia, Ukraine, etc.)
I am a leaf on the wind... Watch how I soar...

Offline ϟ

• Support Member
  • Characters: Lunatic
Kay so a couple of things.

1) Your picture doesn't scroll with the page, as shown below.

2) Your requirements for PK, I feel like they are going to make this a short-lived faction. People won't want to stay if they are forced to play a game how you want them to. Your faction members should be your teammates, not your pets.

3) On the application page, you require people to say their Real Name, Age, and Location. There are many people on this game who do not feel comfortable sharing that information. I think you might want to reconsider that.

4) Time frame thing, yeah that makes sense. Factions have their own time zones, but you might want to not require it so harshly.

5) The whole "kick if you are not on for four days" is a little crazy to me, but maybe thats just my opinion. You won't have much success with that.

6) Your background appears to be copyrighted by someone named "Dreamstim," so maybe you should look into a new background (although I love it) just to be safe.

7) You probably don't need to say "Seekers Closed" in your Requirements since it is said in the Recruitment box.

I understand the type of faction you are creating, but maybe you should rethink a few of these things.
I hope this helps in some way. Good luck with your faction!

RulesGuidesHelpdeskVote

Offline Jesus2.0

• Hang☆Over
The image is cut off on either side, it sticks out like a sore thumb.
The other problem is the white borders on either side are very wide. If you want it to be more aesthetically pleasing and less amateur looking, try to incorporate a repeating 'soft' pattern that doesn't stick out too much.
The pattern can go through the background of the whole page, giving it a more natural feel.

EricaMurcas

To add to this: If you're going to raise ass kicking, hell raisers, find a good, encouraging motto and put it on your page, if that's possible. There are plenty of tacticians out there with their own motto and sayings. When I was in boot camp I'd just suddenly roar to life, never mind the fact it was 4 AM and it was time for a 2 mile run. Find a motto that suits your purpose and when you or your team start to feel down, roar, beat your chest, scream at the wind, and say something that makes everyone stand to attention. You'd be surprised about how motivated I got when my Drill Instructor pushed me too hard off the rails and I have fractured ribs to prove that. I got pissed, I glared at my Drill Instructor and just screamed: "Bring it on, bitch!" And finished the obstacle course with cracked ribs and adrenaline.   Oh and for my 18th birthday, I got my M-16, a glorious day. I loved to polish it and clean it. But I digress, sorry. Slogans are good motivators.

Offline SQUISHY BARB

• Characters: SQUlSHY
moved my post:

i tried making the title logo for your site. check it out if u like it

:P
SQUlSHY - Sage DPH Barb White Panda
__SQUISHY__ - Demon Mystic - alt

Offline Ormin

Lol... nice way to increase page visits. :)

Btw, you sound like military-leader-wannabe kid. :)

Rephrase and make it more acceptable, then some serious people might come.

"You must accept Faction Signets..." :)
Especially if you are near to kill World Boss or something like that.
(Try to do that to me and I will leave the guild same moment.
Unless you get faster and give me welcomed kick out.)

You should check guild (troops) status before starting PK (entering battlefield).
Last Edit: May 07, 2014, 07:47 am by Ormin

Offline Mentalista

• Forum Veteran
moved my post:

i tried making the title logo for your site. check it out if u like it

:P

Ty son for the background, i put it but i didnt like, cause the green dont stay good with the blue of the ocean, but really thank you.

Offline Darunia ஜ

• ...Because it is.
  • Censorship is the bane of creativity.
  • Characters: An ungodly amount
  • Faction: Tragic
I personally think the whole thing is way too bright for my liking.

I do this stuff on a regular basis, and one of the things I learned way back when I was still new to web design is how to make colors work.  So like, dark [text] on light [background] works, but light on dark doesn't work as well.  Stark white backgrounds are killer to the eyes, so an off-white or gray works better.  Same with a completely black background.  You do have the dark-on-light thing, which is fine, just be careful with the blue.  Less is more.

The background you have is very distracting.  Also, it would appear that it's a stock photo that doesn't look like it's for free usage.  I would change that.  The odds of a site this small getting caught for copyright infringement is slim, but we don't wanna risk that.  I would go for a solid background honestly, because of all the text on the side boxes.  Your recruitment box, for example.  It's completely transparent, and the background shows through it, making it difficult to read.  So I'd go for the blue that you have in the news section for those side boxes as well.  Then maybe a darker blue or gray for the background.  If you do want to keep an anchor in there, I'd put it in the header (which I'll get to in a second) as opposed to using it as a background.

As for your header image, that blue doesn't go with the blue of everything.  So what you might wanna do is either:

1) Make the background of that image transparent, this would require you to have a solid background ot the entire site or

2) Make the background a similar blue. 

Also, I completely missed the "Epic Perfect World" on the very top of the image.  Anyone else saw it? No? I'm not surprised, it's just hidden up there.  My advice: make it bigger, or get rid of it entirely.  You've already mentioned that it's a faction on EPW, it's a little redundant.

I'm not going to comment too much on the English, as folks have worked with you there.  Although...

I'm gonna look at the faction site as a new player or someone interested in joining a faction.  If I saw this:

° You must play at least 5 days per week from morning to evening (5 AM to 8 PM Server Time).

I'd close this site without even bothering.  Why? Unless someone literally has nothing else better to do than play EPW, no one would satisfy this requirement.  3 days a week? That's reasonable.  5? Not so much.  There's also this:

° You have to accept Faction Signets.

I get it, you want to get into PK right out the gate.  But as a new faction, the odds of you getting anyone who is 150 and will happily take a faction sig is pretty slim.  Especially given your reputation.  Start small.  If that means lowering your requirements for a bit, then so be it.

And this one takes the cake.

...To do so, send a mail with your name, age and nationality to Mentalista.

While many of us are open to talk about our real name and age, some of us are not comfortable disclosing that.  Age, understandable if you're planning on running a site with mainly adults.  The name thing (and nationality) should be optional.  Besides, why the hell you need to know my nationality?

I think that's it for now.

Stay Classy.
Mikau - 150 Sage Archer (unofficially retired)
Darunia - 150 Demon Cleric (unoffical new main)
Catfish - 150 Sage Psy (main PK gal)
Phalanx - 150 Demon BM (because impulsive)

Offline Mentalista

• Forum Veteran
Sons, my site have a new theme now, based in dark colors, can u see it now pls? ty www.epwmarine.shivtr.com

Offline Darunia ஜ

• ...Because it is.
  • Censorship is the bane of creativity.
  • Characters: An ungodly amount
  • Faction: Tragic
It looks much better.

One suggestion: that aqua text looks odd.  Maybe a light gray will work better.

Stay Classy.
Mikau - 150 Sage Archer (unofficially retired)
Darunia - 150 Demon Cleric (unoffical new main)
Catfish - 150 Sage Psy (main PK gal)
Phalanx - 150 Demon BM (because impulsive)

Offline Deli_Kitty

• PW addict since 2009.
  • Characters: Deli_Kitty
  • Faction: GodsArmy
http://www.epwmarine.shivtr.com/

Check it please i need feedbacks if u can, thanbyou

First thought when I opened it was: "WOW cool background", then after a while I realized there is some text there as well. That means background is more eye catching than rest of site instead of being in harmony with each other.

Few suggestions:
-make text windows less transparent and font a bit bigger + bold, code for text size in shivtr is [size=XX]Your Text Here... [/size]. I usually use size 14 when Im making announcements on my site
-maybe a bit more color, but thats my personal preference. Olive green or any kind of green/black would go great with background & army theme

Hope it helped a bit. But its a nice site :)

Offline Omnium

• O,..,O
  • Rawr
  • Characters: Omnium/Twooty/Niani/...
<.< why does everybody use shivtr? nobody here knows html/css?
And as a finishing touch, God created the dutch.

Offline Arekkusu

<.< why does everybody use shivtr? nobody here knows html/css?

Because shivtr has templates for lazy people to use.