Epic Perfect World

Compromised Voting Site

Offline Cloudfallen

So, I tried voting this morning, and upon going to xtremetop100.com to vote, I was stopped by my web browser, google chrome, with a security threat message. Here are the screenshots.
Screenshot (of when I attempted going to the site to vote)

Diagnostic page screenshot

This seems like a problem, as its hard enough to vote for cubi anyway with only 2 sites that give 50 silver each..
I propose adding more voting sites for us to utilize, though I'm not quite sure how you add voting sites and if it's just hard to do so at the moment. Anyway, just giving a heads up that xtremetop100.com has been compromised and is dangerous to visit right now.
(Screenshots taken using google chrome app, Screen Capture)

Offline Maso

• Master.
  • *Twirls cuffs*
i've had it happen to me too. Worse part is I cant change my password ... Cause I dont remember the email I registered the account with >.< I just hope my account isn't in danger
Apostasy
Masochist
WhiteDove (the REAL one. Not sus)

Offline xLeahx

There has already been a topic made about this problem.
In the Future, please use the search bar.

Edit:
There was another topic about this I linked the wrong one. now i cant find it neway whatever. lol. Continue.
Last Edit: July 10, 2012, 06:36 pm by xLeahx

Offline Cloudfallen

There has already been a topic made about this problem.
In the Future, please use the search bar.

-Please Lock this thread-

Link: http://epicpw.com/index.php?topic=1423.0
Leah, this is not the same problem as stated in the other thread. In the thread you linked, the problem is delayed voting times. This thread is concerning the xtremetop100 site being compromised by a hacker, making it no longer safe to use. In the future, please read threads before making assumptions.

No need for this thread to be locked.

*Edit* While the problem with the page being blocked is noted in the other thread, it's only noted a few times, with no screenshot evidence, and furthermore, the topic of the thread isn't related to xtremetop100 being blocked or noted as an infected site.
Last Edit: July 10, 2012, 06:38 pm by cloudfallen

Offline DarthPutz

• Beginner
Here's an idea, why not let the GMs and or moderators decide what threads should be locked. kthxbye.

Offline Chum

• Fail Barb
  • Characters: Chum, Swampy
I just voted on xtremetop100, and got that announcement. However, I ignored it, and my actual anti-virus didn't catch anything trying to attack my computer. So I assume it's either false, or at the very least there aren't any problems with the Perfect World section of the site.

Offline JuJuBeez

• MooooOooooOOoo~
My browser wont let me through! :( I tried to google xtreme top 100 and now it wont let me even look at the site itself. I wonder what happened.

Taking Signature Requests -  Click Here!