Epic Perfect World

Hello ^-^

Offline Harry

• Forum Veteran
  • Faction: Outcasts☆
gnu/linux is not designed for games, any attempts to add proper support has ended short; steam for linux is the closest thing you have right now, or games from the 90s

if you want performance out of linux, you'd want a minimal distro, but that still wouldn't offer gaming performance

Games can be coded in OpenGL and would therefore be available for every operating system, excluding ones such as 'Raspberry Pi'. It would experience a backtrack in time, and you'd probably be staring at GTA Vice City graphics for most low-cost games. And the only reason it's not changed so far, is that basically all the mainstream Graphics Cards are built to support Directx.

Offline Night⋆

• Retired Staff Member
  • Agatio was too ♥ +Cedes
  • Characters: *Retired*
  • Faction: N/A
Harry to the rescue!
RETIRED
I guess everyone was on my profile :$ 

Offline exe626

• brb
  • Faction: Xpendable
Games can be coded in OpenGL and would therefore be available for every operating system, excluding ones such as 'Raspberry Pi'. It would experience a backtrack in time, and you'd probably be staring at GTA Vice City graphics for most low-cost games. And the only reason it's not changed so far, is that basically all the mainstream Graphics Cards are built to support Directx.
i put more blame on the cultist who use gnu/linux rather than software, any attempts to make it more mainstream have almost always ended with massive protest

redhat, ubuntu, and even debian has gained quite a bit of hate for becoming user-friendly

Offline Pookie

• Characters: ImmaKiLLYou
  • Faction: Factionless
Harry the Pro. I will stick to Windows 7 , i DID tried Ubuntu and performance on epw was lower than expected ._. , so , Windows 7 . But i like how Ubuntu looks D: D: D: