Epic Perfect World

Hello ^-^

Offline Pookie

• Characters: ImmaKiLLYou
  • Faction: Factionless
i don't know if this should be posted here ... but anyway

I recently downloaded Ubuntu and i wanted to know HOW GOOD the performance will be if i will play EpicPW with wine ??.
In windows 7 i get ~ 30+ FPS when not in pk , in towns and mass pk ~ 10+ ( ik weak ) but i'm with alll on high...
So , will i have the same performance under Ubuntu 14.04 . ?? :'( ???

Offline 엔젤ღ

• Sacred Radiance
  • k-pop'ers and yaoi fan ❤
  • Characters: AngeliqMyst
Hello ^-^

idk

harry can halp u with this ubuntu thing

>.>  <.<
AngeliqMyst - Sage Mystic

yaoi<3

Offline Melody⋆

• Retired Staff Member
  • ♥ Ruin was here (and so was Toots). TangleNub(ew)
  • Characters: Melody|Harmony
  • Faction: EPW_Team

As Angeliq said, Harry prolly knows about this. This is his guide on running EPW on Ubuntu, just so you know who Harry is. He'd be the best person to PM about this, if he doesn't see this thread.

♥ Love and will miss you guys ♥
Resigned to start playing real life c:

Offline ahed

• Forum Veteran
  • Faction: Artifex/Apollumi
Wth is ubuntu lol

Offline Melody⋆

• Retired Staff Member
Wth is ubuntu lol

Linux. Operating system.

Offline Pookie

Thank you for the replies , but i know how to install it , the question is IF i will get the same performance as on Windows 7 ... ?

Offline Melody⋆

• Retired Staff Member
Thank you for the replies , but i know how to install it , the question is IF i will get the same performance as on Windows 7 ... ?

I was posting the link so you could get Harry's profile and message him in case he doesn't see this thread, since he is probably one of the only people who currently (or did) use it.

Offline Pookie

I was posting the link so you could get Harry's profile and message him in case he doesn't see this thread, since he is probably one of the only people who currently (or did) use it.
Stupid me , lol thanks , i'll message him and ask him.
Tangle best GM !o!

Offline Steroids

• God of Noobs
  • Faction: Rawr
It does work well. But, not as well as it would on Windows. On Linux, I got around 25% less fps than I did on Windows. So, if you get 30 fps now, you might get around 22 fps.

Offline exe626

• brb
  • Faction: Xpendable
i don't know if this should be posted here ... but anyway

I recently downloaded Ubuntu and i wanted to know HOW GOOD the performance will be if i will play EpicPW with wine ??.
In windows 7 i get ~ 30+ FPS when not in pk , in towns and mass pk ~ 10+ ( ik weak ) but i'm with alll on high...
So , will i have the same performance under Ubuntu 14.04 . ?? :'( ???

how good? ubuntu compared to windows 7 is nothing but amazonmalbloatware that's resource heavy and terrible for holding a charge on a laptop

expect significant performance drops, especially since you have to emulate another os to even get the damn thing to run

Offline Pookie

how good? ubuntu compared to windows 7 is nothing but amazonmalbloatware that's resource heavy and terrible for holding a charge on a laptop

expect significant performance drops, especially since you have to emulate another os to even get the damn thing to run
I tested and i get ~20 fps , and 20 was MAX In snowy village .. and there's almost NO PLAYER there , then i went in West Arch and it froze for  ~3 minutes and the fps were below 10. D:
I tought it will work just like on windows ._. ...

Offline exe626

• brb
  • Faction: Xpendable
I tested and i get ~20 fps , and 20 was MAX In snowy village .. and there's almost NO PLAYER there , then i went in West Arch and it froze for  ~3 minutes and the fps were below 10. D:
gnu/linux is not designed for games, any attempts to add proper support has ended short; steam for linux is the closest thing you have right now, or games from the 90s

if you want performance out of linux, you'd want a minimal distro, but that still wouldn't offer gaming performance

Offline Pookie

gnu/linux is not designed for games, any attempts to add proper support has ended short; steam for linux is the closest thing you have right now, or games from the 90s

if you want performance out of linux, you'd want a minimal distro, but that still wouldn't offer gaming performance
D: I'll just stay on windows 7 then D: , but Ubuntu looks soo dam nice X: .. at least i like it  :'( :'(

Offline Steroids

• God of Noobs
  • Faction: Rawr
That's weird, I never had that problem. I used to practically camp at West Archo (Eldest Matchmaker ofc) and I never once froze. Even when I did MQ using alts, 2 clients, both in Archo, but no freeze. Sure, the fps was 15 or so but it didn't freeze.

Offline Harry

• Forum Veteran
  • Faction: Outcasts☆
FPS can be exactly the same, if the Wineprefix Window's DLL files and codecs install successfully. However, some require a 32-bit prefix and others require a 64-bit prefix. Thus, it will not work efficiently on all systems. If you install EPW successfully, however are having trouble getting a higher FPS. There's always the option of downloading a version of Windows onto a hard-drive/visa-versa and playing from there.

EDIT: Don't give up too early. You got Directx downloaded in Wine configuration? All the video codecs?

Good luck.