Epic Perfect World

Barbiarian

rockythequestion

Hi everybody,

I normally play Barbs on other servers and Sage barbs were stronger because of their tankyness but here it seems like demon are stronger.. Can someone explain me what make them stronger? or what is the difference because I dont see much differences but if we look at the top 100, the big majority is demon.

Also, can someone suggest me what genie I should get , what skills and attribute on it ?

Thanks a lot :D

Offline ☠EvilTouch☠

• Retired Staff Member
  • Suns Wars Addict
  • DreamyTouch | we miss you papi♡
  • Characters: EvilTouch
  • Faction: Flower_Team
the demon is chosen due to the APS, specially now with the new paralyze skill its easier to kill.
sage are still chosen for TW's NW's and GM Events.

about the skills on genie...no idea lol i think domain is a must, solid shield aswell, the other 6 i dunno  :rolleyes:

Offline Steroids

• God of Noobs
  • Faction: Rawr
For dd in pk, demon is better because it has more stuns. Most sage barbs are vit based though sage is also good for dd in mass pk

Offline ControlFreak

• The One and Only
  • Characters: ControlFreak,Significance,Distraxion,HellChain,PaPer
 :-X For me Sage is Pure Str or Tank type Vit and For Demon Aps and Full Str..Demon barbs crits more than Sage but deals less pure Damage than Sage Barb. :rolleyes:

:-X Genie skills helpful for tanking: Solid Shield,Tree of Protection,Absolute Domain,Heart of Steel,Nullify Poison and Faith.
 :-X Genie skills helpful for Attacking : Tangling Mire,Occult Ice(note this needs a huge amount of str or luck)and Enrage/Frenzy(i dont recommend using this)

Last Edit: Apr 30, 2014, 12:14 pm by TheSalvation
The Greatest Pleasure in Life is Doing What People Say You Cannot Do.

Offline Lust

• dad's my baby's daddy's mama
  • Characters: Lusted
I usually choose demon for every class ( unless it's for buffs ) but I honestly kind of like sage barb now that I played around with it a little more. The only problem I find is that in panda form. I  do more damage then with my axes and if I switch back to human for then to tiger I do less damage then in human.  ??? . Not a clue why but oh well. That was without using devour as well. Just normal hits.

As for genie. Depends on what you want it for.
TW: heart of steel, nullify poison, absolute domain, faith, fortify, holy path. I'd even say that tangling mire is a good choice. But depends on where you are. Oxygen bubble maybe as well if you feel it will help you.
PK: heart of steel, nullify poison, absolute domain, faith, tangling mire, extreme poison, holy path. I like this setup for me. Seems to get the job done. Even with a sage vit barb.  :))

Dad+Lust. I sucked on her female balls while she benchpressed me and my computer.

Offline Aposeydon

• ded gaem
  • Never underestimate the power of weaponized autism
  • Characters: Gazarath, Eicca
Simply put: demon barbs are better for damage dealing purposes and sage barbs main focus is survival. Both cultivations can work well with numerous builds though. Personally I like sage more because sage Imbued Tiger Form/Imbued Panda Form got rid of the thing that anoyed me the most in sage barbs; own damage reduction while in True Form by 50%. This wasn't that major issue for me though, just a minor anoyance. Also I like the survivability and pure damage of sage barbs.

I'd suggest going for one cultivation now and when you think you've experienced enough you can make another barb in the different cultivation.

As for the genie... It's good to go with a str genie to increase the chances of Occult Ice to succeed since barbs only have 2 stun skills... Mighty Swing isn't all that reliable.
Because of that you should get Occult Ice. The other skills are quite simple as well; Solid Shell is a good skill to have in your arsenal to act as a "mini- Invoke the Spirit" among with Tree of Protection to act as your panic button or a damage boost for Armageddon. Absolute Domain and Tangling Mire are handy to have with you no matter what build your genie is.

If you decide to go sage like me it's also handy to have Wind Shield to get a little more aps for those tight spots.

And do not forget Holy Path, that is a must-have-skill no matter what class you are.

These are just some very simple suggestions to get you started. Should you need more info feel free to pm me in-game, I won't bite... much.  ;)
Last Edit: May 01, 2014, 06:07 am by Aposeydon

Offline USS Iowa

• We've been on top
  • I have returned.
  • Characters: Wastedump/MajorLeague
  • Faction: Xpendable
You can go back and forth trying to discuss the differences between one another and what makes one better than the other but fact is demon is just better.

Being one of the oldest WB players still around i can assure you, demon is the only viable option.

All the other old WB players also play demon. In Xpendable most of our catas are demon.

I'm not going to tell you why. I'll just say demon is alpha in both solo and mass pk.

WasteDump / MajorLeague(Greatest) / Frozenterror / UrbanLegend / USSMissiouri / USSArizona / Maravich / WorldPeace / Caesar

"Heroes are remembered. Legends never die."

Offline Aposeydon

• ded gaem
  • Never underestimate the power of weaponized autism
  • Characters: Gazarath, Eicca
You can go back and forth trying to discuss the differences between one another and what makes one better than the other but fact is demon is just better.

Being one of the oldest WB players still around i can assure you, demon is the only viable option.

All the other old WB players also play demon. In Xpendable most of our catas are demon.

I'm not going to tell you why. I'll just say demon is alpha in both solo and mass pk.

The poor guy wants advice, yet you deny him of it? Why's that? It would probably be enlighting for him to read your advices on demon barbs rather than to read you show-off without giving any relevant data.
Last Edit: Apr 30, 2014, 02:57 pm by Aposeydon

Offline Steroids

• God of Noobs
  • Faction: Rawr

Just because Xpendables has demon barbs doesn't mean they're better o.o I play a demon barb too, and I do think they're better. But at least give a reason to support your response, don't just say that Xpendables have demon barbs and that's why demon is better.

Offline Mάx

• Inactive
  • Characters: Acrylics , Hercules
2Trains+10Truck= Demon barb damage!

Offline Harry

• Forum Veteran
  • Faction: Outcasts☆
Name any barb who isn't in Xpend that can actually outplay any Xpend barb. Or any barb who can play as good as an Xpend barb. There isn't any.

TW/NW (Vit build/Cata) wise = Basically any Sage WB.
APS w/ 3 Spark & Occult Spamming = Not good/skillful or anything, it's pressing two buttons and auto-attacking...

Offline Mάx

• Inactive
  • Characters: Acrylics , Hercules

Offline USS Iowa

• We've been on top
  • I have returned.
  • Characters: Wastedump/MajorLeague
  • Faction: Xpendable
Just because Xpendables has demon barbs doesn't mean they're better o.o I play a demon barb too, and I do think they're better. But at least give a reason to support your response, don't just say that Xpendables have demon barbs and that's why demon is better.

I play demon wb, and that  is why it is better. Because i know what i am doing.

WasteDump / MajorLeague(Greatest) / Frozenterror / UrbanLegend / USSMissiouri / USSArizona / Maravich / WorldPeace / Caesar

"Heroes are remembered. Legends never die."

rockythequestion

Thx for all your answers :D The thing is that I dont want to play claws so does Demon still be the best? And yeap Im curious to understand why demon would be better for catas if they dont have sage Shapeshifting Intensity...

But thanks everyone for your help I really appreciate it :D

rockythequestion

○Feral Regeneration gives a lot of regeneration in Demon
○Poison Fang A lot of damage
○Stomp of the Beast King Never Miss

But Holy
●Penetrate Armor Drop defense to 45%
●Bestial Onslaught Never miss
●Strength of the Titans Give more damage
●Shapeshifting Intensity Give more armors

So I dont see why demon are that much way stronger