Epic Perfect World

R8 Stats Calculator

Offline Zetsu

Heya, I found an idea that could help people with the R8 reshape, it will be cool to create a R8 Stats Calculator, it's like Spirit of the Forge when your reshape, but in a site, or a application. I dunno if that possible to create but it's look good and will be nice to try ;)

(Sorry for my bad English, I'm French)

Offline csenger41

• Characters: Nandiel
  • Faction: Girls
I don't see the point of this, I mean why would this be useful at any point?

Offline Echooo♧

• Old Player
  • Characters: ♣StormBringer♣
But u still will get only ramdown stats...

Offline Zetsu

Yea but still funny

Offline Zetsu

That could take not much time to do so, why not?

Offline Cynix

• Who is Cynix?
  • Jealousy is just love and hate at the same time.
  • Faction: Salvation
This could be nice for outlining gear goals and the effects they would have on overall stats.  When I decide I want to work on a character's r8, it takes forever to decide which character and which piece of gear.  If I could weigh the differences that each goal could provide, it would make my decisions easier.

Not saying this will be life changing, but I would use it if it existed.  I might not have used as much money on getting a double int top for my demon ea if I knew that my quickshot aps wouldn't increase with certain weapons.
I'm basically 40

Offline Steroids

• God of Noobs
  • Faction: Rawr
I don't think I quite get what you meant (don't worry, it's not your english, you just didn't explain that well) Do you want a calculator that shows all the possible stats for every piece and the corresponding percentage? If so, I believe this is what you're looking for.

But, if you want a calculator that would show you your chance of obtaining stats like Int x3, Mag x3, - chan x3, sadly, you'll never find one. The percentage that is given for each stat stands for itself. It is the chance of getting that stat for 1/3 stats. The other two are completely random, pure luck based.

Offline Cynix

• Who is Cynix?
  • Jealousy is just love and hate at the same time.
  • Faction: Salvation
Now that I look at it, I clearly misread the first post.  I was thinking of a custom version of the pwcalc site (if anyone remembers what that was).  That would be pretty cool do have.
I'm basically 40

Offline Zetsu

Ok so I explain what I mean : it's a application like the Spirit of the Forge or something like that, you click Reproduce and that show random stats with the same percent in this topic : http://epicpw.com/guides/r8-recast-add-on-guide/ it will be useful for see how much reshape you need to do for have Chann x2 or something like that.

Offline Harry

• Forum Veteran
  • Faction: Outcasts☆
Now that I look at it, I clearly misread the first post.  I was thinking of a custom version of the pwcalc site (if anyone remembers what that was).  That would be pretty cool do have.

PWCalc was awesome. +1 to this, idc about OP.

Offline Zetsu

I hope that will be create, that R8 Stats Calculator :P

Offline Plague

• -
  • blessed be the boys time can't capture
Not quite hard, probably a few days of work for a serious developer if you don't want a fancy UI.

Offline Zetsu

Ok, who will work on it? I hope someone wanna work on it :'(

Offline Zetsu

With what software I can create this ? If someone know, say to me, I will try :P

Offline Agatio

• Game Veteran
With what software I can create this ? If someone know, say to me, I will try :P
It's not hard to do in PHP with use of MySQL if you know about them
- Make database with all gear parts and chances for each stats: http://epicpw.com/guides/r8-recast-add-on-guide/
- Link it with the way the stats are calculated in game: http://epicpw.com/general-discussion/x2-int-on-sin-r8-never/msg100920/#msg100920
- Make some decent looking UI and let the user pick the stats they want in similar way like they did it on pwcalc  using html/css/javascript

That's it