Epic Perfect World

Ubuntu 14.04 LTS Issues.

Offline Harry

• Forum Veteran
  • Faction: Outcasts☆
So I'm trying to run EPW on my Ubuntu 14.04 Lenovo desktop. It is currently running perfectly, however I have had some issues installing the game perfectly. First issue is that the Skill/Item Icons are currently not working, and appear as Question Marks. This issue relates to not having IE 7 installed on Winetricks, however because my OS is a 64-bit system - it is unsupported, and will not download. Second issue, is that all Fashion is coming up white and not the desired/prefixed colour. Not sure what causes this, but if anyone else does. Then, please tell me...

Don't like the old Ubuntu 13.10 installation guide because that's old and outdated.

Thank you in advance.

Offline Harry

• Forum Veteran
Another issue; When typing in any chat, the use of shortcut keys still work. Like, if I pressed 2 it would cast that skill or if I pressed G - guild information would open. Rather annoying, and again I don't know what causes it.

Offline Harry

• Forum Veteran
Another issue found; Tideborn faces are pure black.

Offline Storm

• Characters: Asurzzo
  • Faction: Playtime
Hi there im currently thinking about making the switch over to Ubuntu Current LTS, how difficult is it to get the game to work with out a windows install and possibly any advice to find a CURRENT install guide?

Offline Harry

• Forum Veteran
I've been on #WineHQ IRC channel for around 30 mins receiving support. It's an easy install, if you do it correctly.

Offline Storm

• Characters: Asurzzo
  • Faction: Playtime
Perhaps after you get it all smoothed out and all you could pass me on some notes or a personal guide because i am going to be running the 64Bit os version of it as well.... i just have not used linux since the Jaunty release... O SO MANY YEARS AGO lol.... and i know that when i do install more than likely i will be blowing away the windows 7 Os because its already so bugged up and Botched... Including the recovery partition... (its windows, need i say more)

Offline Harry

• Forum Veteran
Sure, I'll do that. Still not got it fixed though. :/

Offline Harry

• Forum Veteran
So, worked out how to get the 32-bit wine prefix. Please lock this thread GMs.