Epic Perfect World

Cinna's Artwork Corner -Closed-

Offline Echo

• Retired Staff Member
Okay. I'm not going to sit here and debate. All of the items used for Daz3d is sold by the company or another site such as Renderosity. Just like with Poser.
Well clearly not everything is made by you then. :-X
That's all I wanted to point out.

Quote from: Arashiwf
i remember the fashion

Offline eel stirfry

• Forum Veteran
  • how nostalgic
You have no idea how the 3d artwork world goes through. 1. It may be downloaded, but it's blank slates. 2. I do all the morphing on my toons. 3. F**** it.

I'm done. I won't be doing any more work for the players of EPW. I don't believe I've been insulted over artwork so badly in my life. You have no idea how the 3d artwork with Daz3d and Poser works, and no, I don't have to give credit to anyone else for MY renders. Thanks.
Okay. I'm not going to sit here and debate. All of the items used for Daz3d is sold by the company or another site such as Renderosity. Just like with Poser.
Whoopsie, I think I found a contradiction.
For it to be a "blank slate", doesn't that mean you have to create, model, mesh & etc. your own models? Even if this proverbial "slate" is a premade model, don't you have to add original clothing that you've modeled, meshed, morphed, etc.? Deform the clothing joints and related parts yourself? Otherwise, it's not really working with a truly "blank slate", is it? :-[ :-[
Pardon if I'm coming across as rather crass or some such thing.
(:

Offline cinnamara

• Face palm
  • My coffee. Give it Nao.
  • Characters: Kyrstian, Cinn, Cynful
  • Faction: TheJungle
Yeah, but at the same time, you make the items yours with the way the program works.

It is a lot more complex then how it sounds. A decent render can take hours to make, and honestly, it seems like everyone is wanting to degrade my renders for not being art because of how the programs work. You have cameras, shading, morphing, posing, changing things here and everywhere. It is a lot more complex.

As for artwork, I really won't have the time for a few months. Most of my free time will be making renfair clothing for those who lost everything in the floods we had this weekend.

Last Edit: Apr 30, 2014, 04:02 am by cinnamara

Offline eel stirfry

• Forum Veteran
  • how nostalgic
Yeah, but at the same time, you make the items yours with the way the program works.

It is a lot more complex then how it sounds. A decent render can take hours to make, and honestly, it seems like everyone is wanting to degrade my renders for not being art because of how the programs work. You have cameras, shading, morphing, posing, changing things here and everywhere. It is a lot more complex.

As for artwork, I really won't have the time for a few months. Most of my free time will be making renfair clothing for those who lost everything in the floods we had this weekend.
To be honest, I don't really think your work is truly being degraded. And if it is, or if you feel that it is being degraded, my opinion is that you may have had a part (in not mentioning some specifics of what you did for your art).
True, people may be questioning it, however, the cause of that was because they did not expect you to be using a 3-d modeling program/posing program, and using purchased assets in such ways. Presumably, it would be thought that you created all the assets yourself (even if not for the specific piece of work, I suppose).
Sure, you have all the cameras, shading, morphing, posing, and changing things here and everywhere, but you have that in all art (albeit not in the same way; if someone tell me anatomy and such doesn't count as posing of sorts, -11/10 respect for them).
However, it would have been really practical to actually mention that that is what you were doing-people likely assumed you were drawing & soft-shading the art by hand, etc.
The fact that you used purchased/pre-made assets would also have been something nice to actually mention, because of ideas I have previously typed about.

Once again, pardon if I'm crass.
(:

Offline Foxglove

• Forum Veteran
  • Tyrant God
  • Faction: Tyrants
Don't see why everyone is complaining and giving so much criticism (and disrespect) over art she was giving to players for FREE. Nobody would be happy if the tables were turned here, I don't believe. I hope everyone is more respectful of others' work in the future (if not, it takes a lot of the fun out of getting art from the forum). :)

Offline Echo

• Retired Staff Member
Honestly, I was waiting to post those for a while now, hoping she would say how exactly she did things.
Nobody is trying to be disrespectful, but I find her to be disrespecting those who made requests to begin with by up and closing shop after one comment and saying the things she did(people were just curious, rude responses weren't necessary). Clearly there's a reason for the overreaction(apparent rl things).
I don't enjoy when people go around claiming they made something when they didn't really make it. Free or not. A person should own up to something like that.

It is art, however, people made the assumption it was all made from scratch.

Quote from: Arashiwf
i remember the fashion

Offline cinnamara

• Face palm
  • My coffee. Give it Nao.
  • Characters: Kyrstian, Cinn, Cynful
  • Faction: TheJungle
It can be a hard thing to explain. Especially when a mass of questions came in.

Art page will remain closed until further notice, but will be re-opened after I've had some time to help my re-enactment group get back up on their feet.

I will then post and open the page again, after doing the renders for those who want them still.