Epic Perfect World

Malefic Crush cooldown.

sorround

do you not know that this new paralyze effect can not removd when its on a target. if belief can be used when paralyzed do u think i would be qqing?

PARALYZE effect cannot be removed. However you stated that if the opponent tries to belief the 0pdef effect away with belief, it wouldn't work. I haven't tested it yet, but I'm pretty sure 0pdef effect would go away with belief while paralyzed dude. If you weren't refering to the 0pdef but to the paralyze effect, no one on their sane minds would waste belief on a 2 sec paralyze...

Offline Feone

• Forum Veteran
So many idiotic arguments in this thread. (And a bunch of decent ones.)

First of all, leave pet stuns out of this. The pet AOE stun is monkey only and the cooldown is buggy short right now. This has been reported and will most likely be changed. 

Secondly, demon venos do have a hard time getting chi.

Lastly, a 1 minute cooldown is a long time. This puts it on par with bloodvow and other powerful abilities. It's a foxform skill which means itll serve little use in offense, mostly just in mass pk. There are many much better skills that have much shorter cooldowns than this one.

1 minute is PLENTY to make it non-spammable, 3 minutes is just absurdly long. There is a reason even PW patched most skills to no longer have cooldowns over 1 minute.

Yall simply want to abuse a skill that is fine as it is, while messing up the skill and other skills in the process, paralyse to stun removal of pet skills which doesn't make sense and is unnecessary.
There are no problems with malefic crush.

I don't often say this on the forum, but you sir, are an idiot.
Not every suggestion you disagree with is automatically stupid or intended for abuse. In combat 1 minute is a long time. If a fight isn't over after this 1 minute the outcome won't be changed by having a 2nd chance to use this skill.

Offline Guess Who

• Old Player
So many idiotic arguments in this thread. (And a bunch of decent ones.)

First of all, leave pet stuns out of this. The pet AOE stun is monkey only and the cooldown is buggy short right now. This has been reported and will most likely be changed. 

Secondly, demon venos do have a hard time getting chi.

Lastly, a 1 minute cooldown is a long time. This puts it on par with bloodvow and other powerful abilities. It's a foxform skill which means itll serve little use in offense, mostly just in mass pk. There are many much better skills that have much shorter cooldowns than this one.

1 minute is PLENTY to make it non-spammable, 3 minutes is just absurdly long. There is a reason even PW patched most skills to no longer have cooldowns over 1 minute.

I don't often say this on the forum, but you sir, are an idiot.
Not every suggestion you disagree with is automatically stupid or intended for abuse. In combat 1 minute is a long time. If a fight isn't over after this 1 minute the outcome won't be changed by having a 2nd chance to use this skill.

Quote where I said this suggestion is stupid, pls do.
I did not bring pet stuns into this, try reading whole thread, the pet stun is not BUGGED the 15 sec cd is intended you should know by now pwi skill translations are mostly wrong. The stun is 15 sec cd along with the imobolise which is also 15 sec cd for pets, the only thing that will change with pet stun is the skill description.

Malefic Crush is perfectly fine, the venos who comment on this thread I notice they say they hardly use it, how is that so? 3 mins cd is not long for a skill like malefic crush, I don't think you know what your doing with your veno and thats even if you have one. lol.

Last Edit: Apr 14, 2014, 07:10 pm by TJTLegend

Offline Droopeh

Venos do not have a hard time getting chi, demon venos have grudge strike and dark taboo given to us with the already existing skills we have to gain chi. Sage venos poop chi with their fox form, plus fast channeling on venos means more chi.
Except for the fact that you NEVER get close enough to use either dark taboo or grudge strike in mass pk.
Demon venos literally have only blazing and lucky scarab that give any decent amount of chi apart from the aforementioned two...

EDIT: To get on topic, this skill is NEVER used regardless. There is absolutely no reason for a veno to walk in to a bunch of people and use malefic crush... we are not BM's :/
The only purpose of this skill is self defense (paralyze someone who gets close, immunize yourself to damage for a meager two seconds... It really doesn't make a difference either way) You're better off using feral or blazing barrier instead :/ I can see few situations where this is even applicable, especially since it's fox form only. A decrease on cool down might give it more use, however I reckon it's usability will still be quite minimal.
Last Edit: Apr 14, 2014, 05:52 pm by Droopeh

Offline Feone

• Forum Veteran
Except for the fact that you NEVER get close enough to use either dark taboo or grudge strike in mass pk.
Demon venos literally have only blazing and lucky scarab that give any decent amount of chi apart from the aforementioned two...

EDIT: To get on topic, this skill is NEVER used regardless. There is absolutely no reason for a veno to walk in to a bunch of people and use malefic crush... we are not BM's :/
The only purpose of this skill is self defense (paralyze someone who gets close, immunize yourself to damage for a meager two seconds... It really doesn't make a difference either way) You're better off using feral or blazing barrier instead :/ I can see few situations where this is even applicable, especially since it's fox form only. A decrease on cool down might give it more use, however I reckon it's usability will still be quite minimal.

Pretty much this, 3 minute cooldown is just very high for a skill with so little use. Not any major issue that really needs attention but if it's easy to fix, why not.

Offline REAVZZ

Venos have

bewitch, blazing barrier, feral concentration, bramble hood, bramble guard in arenas, metabolic boost, soul transfusion, summer sprint sage and demon version, natural synergy, fossilized curse, fox form, grudge strike, dark taboo, demon stunning blow

and now u want malefic crush? Wow!!!
Old names:
SoulReaver
$oul_Reaver

........IN GANK WE TRUST....

Offline REAVZZ

Venos have

bewitch, blazing barrier, feral concentration, bramble hood, bramble guard in arenas, metabolic boost, soul transfusion, summer sprint sage and demon version, natural synergy, fossilized curse, fox form, grudge strike, dark taboo, demon stunning blow

thats 14 survivability skills already. Malefic crush makes it 15. how much survivability skills does 1 class need? lol
[/quote]
Old names:
SoulReaver
$oul_Reaver

Offline Droopeh

Venos have

It's quite obvious that you know absolutely nothing about veno.

Offline 𝓕 𝓪 𝔂 𝓮

• Yikes.
  • 𝓟𝓸𝓽 𝓹𝓻𝓲𝓷𝓬𝓮𝓼𝓼
Venos have

Oh my god, venos have skills???  :normal-19:

Thanks for listing most of their skills.

Offline REAVZZ

Oh my god, venos have skills???  :normal-19:

Thanks for listing most of their skills.

ive listed venos skills that they can use to survive. but yet u remain in denial. gz
Old names:
SoulReaver
$oul_Reaver

Offline Angelala

• Boop #1
  • Getting quoted by anime pic profiles kek
  • Faction: 0FkGiven forever 🧡
Yes the cooldown shall be reduced, thank you.
BlueDragon - Atomic/Bionic
Stormā¤/Void/Nex - Imisandre/Fennekin
Golden - Kurenai
Epic - Accident/Imisandre/Yrden

Offline Guess Who

• Old Player
Venos have

+1 its not enough for them they need more.
Buddha's Guard 10 min bm skill cd it needs to be shortened, so does:
bms' dragon bane
wizys' elemental invocation and manifest virtue
and archers awaken
barbs' blood rush
psychics' spirit phalanx because the cd of these skills are too long. sigh.

Offline Droopeh

ive listed venos skills that they can use to survive. but yet u remain in denial. gz
I didn't think it was humanly possible to be THIS ignorant.
Bewitch is a basic cc skill (which requires fox form), every class has multiple of these. Blazing barrier reduces damage taken by a fair amount and is a great way to counter aps classes, sure that's 1 skill that's good for survivability. Bramble hood is a TWO SPARK COSTING SKILL, compare this to other classes' ultimates... It's good for survivability, yes, but you have to factor in the cost. We have other skills that require a lot of our chi, and if we use this in a defensive way our damage and cc gets ducked over. Metabolic boost is never used unless in specific circumstances. It has a high channeling time and a 5 minute CD and usually the only oppurtunity you get to use it if your target is cc'ed. In this time frame, you should be either DDing or setting up a combo, not trying to heal yourself... You potentially lose out on two Venomous,blazing, or lucky scarabs while using this skill which is not worth it. Soul transfusion is a great skill indeed, but it's generally a waste to use it at a beginning of the fight, limiting it's use to when you have less than a spark, especially when you have skills like feral and blazing barrier. Demon summer sprint is an instant cast anti stun and sage is a purify which are both good, can't deny this. Natural synergy costs a spark and is only usable with a pet out. Generally as a venomancers you don't want to waste a spark on this skill unless in specific cases. All it provides is an anti stun and a poor damage boost to your pet, we have better things to waste sparks on. Fox form is not a survivability skill. Other classes get permanent defense boosts (Stone Barrier, Verdant Shell, cleric pdef buff etc) while venomancers is only available in fox form. Grudge strike & dark taboo suck for anything other than building chi in PvE (you never get close enough to use them in mass pk). Demon stunning blow costs a spark to IMMOBILIZE one person at melee range, with the small off chance to stun. In other words, it sucks balls and nobody uses it apart from the new veno instance... Fossilized curse is nice against aps classes, but that's about all it's useful for.

sorround

You guys are missing the point here, venos dont NEED this improvement unlike you're trying to say. You can say the pet's stun is stupid but still, it is one more stun regardless of its cooldown...

Malefic Crush out of all wf skills has been always a non factor skill as well as many other fox form skills. Grudge strike and Dark taboo are already a way more than fair boost to those useless  skills now that they are 100% accuracy and also gain chi to demon wfs.

Other classes are in more trouble than we are right now, we were perfectly fine before the patch and even more after it. Don't be so picky.  :-\

If anything needs to be fixed about the class is the rerolling system for skills, it sucks the chance for good skills  is just...retarded.

So I'd just say leave malefic as it is if it bothers other people so much...and worry about more important things

But overall Venomancers ARE NOT in need of ANYTHING at all.

Offline Droopeh

You guys are missing the point here, venos dont NEED this improvement unlike you're trying to say. You can say the pet's stun is stupid but still, it is one more stun regardless of its cooldown...

Malefic Crush out of all wf skills has been always a non factor skill as well as many other fox form skills. Grudge strike and Dark taboo are already a way more than fair boost to those useless  skills now that they are 100% accuracy and also gain chi to demon wfs.

Other classes are in more trouble than we are right now, we were perfectly fine before the patch and even more after it. Don't be so picky.  :-\

If anything needs to be fixed about the class is the rerolling system for skills, it sucks the chance for good skills  is just...retarded.

So I'd just say leave malefic as it is if it bothers other people so much...and worry about more important things

But overall Venomancers ARE NOT in need of ANYTHING at all.

Malefic crush wouldn't be used even if the cooldown was lowered is what we've already established (by we I mean players who actually play wf)

It's people trying to prove that venomancers are in someway overpowered that gets on my nerves.
It's like, every little thing venos ask for is suddenly turned down by people considering how "op" we are. I mean gee, we got another stun and freeze (on ONE pet) that we can actually use apart from you know, stunning blow...
This in total leaves venomancers with the following CC skills: Bewitch, great skill, disables enemy champions (they can still move) for a while, costs 50 chi. Lucky scarab, great 3 sec stun that doesn't cost much and deals decent damage. Parasitic Nova: long lasting skill worthy of being called an ultimate, can seal groups and is immensely useful. Costs 2 sparks. Malefic crush: AoE paralyze that lasts a whopping 2 seconds and costs a spark, and a 8 second freeze that costs a spark and is melee ranged.
To do comparable damage to other classes we have to purge any buffs, amp, venomous (if demon) and then hit with nova (if demon, for the further amplification)followed by ironwood(because, quite surprisingly, it has the highest damage modifier of venomancer skills) lucky scarab to continue the lock and cycle between venomous/noxious/lucky/ironwood scarab. Either this, or we have to rely on a gimmick (0 pdef to hierobug LA's/AA's or mindbreak to further enhance the aforementioned combo).Most other classes got ridiculously high damage modifiers on their skills already, so the damage we do through nova amp, venomous amp and maim is the same as a class that would just use their two 300% (or higher) scaling spammable skills...

Tl;dr To everyone who feels the following way: Venos are a CONTROL class and they are ANNOYING to deal with. Not overpowered, not broken, not made insanely face roll by the new patch... They get a 2 sec freeze & 2 sec stun + an accuracy boost to some skills. Stop complaining.

Sorry for going off topic but I felt I needed to make my point clear.