Epic Perfect World

Malefic Crush cooldown.

Offline Plague

• -
  • blessed be the boys time can't capture
well a veno with brain would spam this skill if the CD is reduced to 2 seconds. Plus it gives a self immune. Lol thats like a short Absolute domain every 1 minute
I don't mind it being 'less op' or whatever (in means of paralyze becoming stun or reduced range/duration, you name it), but what devs wanted to do (I assume) is to make a useless skill useful, which they didn't accomplish because of this ridiculous cooldown. As I said, I don't mind the nerf of the skill if it turns out to be OP, just a decrease in cooldown time because right now I can't make this skill part of my gameplay because I can only use it once in three minutes.

Offline ๖ۣۜBlis

• - Amy
  • *Ansh was here* ✿Sabibi was here, so was Prze 🌞
  • Characters: Sin | Blis | Thea
  • Faction: Outcasts☆
well a veno with brain would spam this skill if the CD is reduced to 2 seconds. Plus it gives a self immune. Lol thats like a short Absolute domain every 1 minute

You're forgetting that it costs a full spark. We venos have a hard time getting chi sometimes, many of our skills rely on chi, so our chi tends to poof easily. Quite frankly, there are other skills that are more useful and require chi, we wouldn't spam that skill just for a 2 second paralyze, and personally, I do not even use that skill, I prefer using lucky scarab, it stuns and no chi is needed, so I consider the malefic crush skill a waste of chi for just a 2 sec paralyze. I believe removing the cool down to 1 minute would not be considered as balance breaking, So +1 here~
Last Edit: Apr 14, 2014, 04:28 pm by ßℓιs

Offline REAVZZ

I don't mind it being 'less op' or whatever (in means of paralyze becoming stun or reduced range/duration, you name it), but what devs wanted to do (I assume) is to make a useless skill useful, which they didn't accomplish because of this ridiculous cooldown. As I said, I don't mind the nerf of the skill if it turns out to be OP, just a decrease in cooldown time because right now I can't make this skill part of my gameplay because I can only use it once in three minutes.

chi is not a prob for venos especially sage venos. this malefic crush surely is a defensive skill. Venos have enough survivability skills. lol u should be happy with this malefic crush skill. Other classes got nerfs.

Old names:
SoulReaver
$oul_Reaver

........IN GANK WE TRUST....

Offline Guess Who

• Old Player
You're forgetting that it costs a full spark. We venos have a hard time getting chi sometimes, many of our skills rely on chi, so our chi tends to poof easily. Quite frankly, there are other skills that are more useful and require chi, we wouldn't spam that skill just for a 2 second paralyze, and personally, I do not even use that skill, I consider it a waste of chi, but I believe removing the cool down to 1 minute would not be considered as balance breaking, So +1 here~
Venos do not have a hard time getting chi, demon venos have grudge strike and dark taboo given to us with the already existing skills we have to gain chi. Sage venos poop chi with their fox form, plus fast channeling on venos means more chi.

This is one of the reasons why the skill should be left as it is now you want the purpose of the skill changed, the skill is to counter purify spell, venos do not need a spammable aoe stun we have nova to lock targets. The skill aoe paralyses, its useful in mass pk and for locking purify spell casters. Plus gives us immune to all damage, we already have a 10 sec immune that has the same cd as malefic crush, the cd is not even long.

Offline REAVZZ

Venos do not have a hard time getting chi, demon venos have grudge strike and dark taboo given to us with the already existing skills we have to gain chi. Sage venos poop chi with their fox form, plus fast channeling on venos means more chi.

This is one of the reasons why the skill should be left as it is now you want the purpose of the skill changed, the skill is to counter purify spell, venos do not need a spammable aoe stun we have nova to lock targets. The skill aoe paralyses, its useful in mass pk and for locking purify spell casters. Plus gives us immune to all damage, we already have a 10 sec immune that has the same cd as malefic crush, the cd is not even long.
    +1ed ;) ;) ;)
Old names:
SoulReaver
$oul_Reaver

Offline Sideris

• Angie
  • Characters: Sideris | Baderis
  • Faction: Ducks

So wait, lemme quote.

A part from the fact that it wasn't suggested to bring the CD down to 2 seconds, but 60, the "you are immune to damage" sticks while channeling, and channeling time is 0.2 seconds. (1.8 ct, reduced to basically nothing with the -chan gear). That means, the immune to damage effect is around instant.

Besides, do you really think that a veno would spam skills to gather up the necessary chi to "spam" (1 minute spam, I'm impressed) a 2 seconds stun?

As I see it, it's more of a life-saver skill, one of those you use when you are in a dangerous situation and stunning (for two seconds) the other person is the only thing left to do.

As I don't use it often, I wouldn't be particularly bothered if it stayed with a 3 mins CD, but I'll give it a +1 'cause I also see the point of the people who suggested bringing the CD down to 1 minute.

sorround

Between nova and monkey's stun it is enough ccing capabilities for this class.

Are you looking for replace wrs???

Offline REAVZZ

i made a mistake with the 2 second CD.

what i meant to suggest is that if the skill CD is reduced venos would use it often.

imagine an opponent has used apoth...

*The veno uses pet stun...
*O.O 0phy dev demon proc
*O.O paralyse
* The opponent tries to use belief....
*O.O that aint gona work cuz ur ass has been paralyzed

*  The veno then uses Arcane antinomy. 1 shot...... GF!
Old names:
SoulReaver
$oul_Reaver

Offline Meese

• Mighty Moose Lord

what i meant was that if the CD gets reduced then Venos would use it often. whether or not the veno is going in for the kill or playing defensively.

Imagine, an opponent has used apoth...

o.o pet stun, 0phy dev proc..... o.o paralyse, arcane antimony 1 shot, GF

30 chi >go into fox form, 1 spark, wait 6 seconds for fox to come off CD (0 pdef is nearly gone by this point; if they belief, the 0pdef will go away)>arcane antimony 1 spark. I don't see any logic in this combo. No veno in their right mind would use this on a single target to take down simply because it would cost 230 chi. I personally don't think 60 seconds is how much the CD should be, maybe 120 seconds tops? The immune you get from it is not worth talking about on this server because of high channelling; immune for less than a second.

Also, lets not forget that the stun is not guaranteed, demon version has an 80% chance, sage has 95% (which is obviously better, but puts a kink into your previously stated "combo"). There is also one huge thing people are overlooking, which is the range of this skill. 5m means that a veno has to go in very close to be able to use it (or the other "chi" building skills in fox form) which leaves the veno very vulnerable and most likely dead.

I would much rather see a decrease on Malefic cooldown and increase on the pet aoe stun which is absolutely stupid (it would be best if that pet aoe stun were removed entirely).
Last Edit: Apr 14, 2014, 05:14 pm by Meese

sorround

what i meant to suggest is that if the skill CD is reduced venos would use it often.

*O.O 0phy dev demon proc
*O.O paralyse

How on earth is the opponent not able to belief when paralyzed...

Please dude, stop for your neuron's safety.

sorround

I would much rather see a decrease on Malefic cooldown and increase on the pet aoe stun which is absolutely stupid (it would be best if that pet aoe stun were removed entirely).

Get out. Malefic sucks wtf. I love that stun.

Offline REAVZZ

How on earth is the opponent not able to belief when paralyzed...

Please dude, stop for your neuron's safety.

do you not know that this new paralyze effect can not removd when its on a target. if belief can be used when paralyzed do u think i would be qqing?
Old names:
SoulReaver
$oul_Reaver

Offline Guess Who

• Old Player
30 chi >go into fox form, 1 spark, wait 6 seconds for fox to come off CD (0 pdef is nearly gone by this point; if they belief, the 0pdef will go away)>arcane antimony 1 spark. I don't see any logic in this combo. No veno in their right mind would use this on a single target to take down simply because it would cost 230 chi. I personally don't think 60 seconds is how much the CD should be, maybe 120 seconds tops? The immune you get from it is not worth talking about on this server because of high channelling; immune for less than a second.

Also, lets not forget that the stun is not guaranteed, demon version has an 80% chance, sage has 95% (which is obviously better, but puts a kink into your previously stated "combo"). There is also one huge thing people are overlooking, which is the range of this skill. 5m means that a veno has to go in very close to be able to use it (or the other "chi" building skills in fox form) which leaves the veno very vulnerable and most likely dead.

The paralyse is not guaranteed for a reason, it is aoe whether short or long immune the immune is there and is noticable and pet aoe stun is 6 meters, nothing stupid in that.

Offline Sideris

• Angie
  • Characters: Sideris | Baderis

*O.O 0phy dev demon proc
*O.O paralyse

Pet stuns are all in between 2 and 3 seconds. 0pdef has a 20% chance to proc, and if you upgrade it to Redstone V. (the new NH skill upgrade), it has 25% chance to reduce phy def by 180% instead of 0pdef.
Arcane Antinomy has 2 minutes cooldown.
You forget the fact that Malefic Crush can be only used in fox form, and to be able to switch between fox and human form, you need to wait 6 seconds.
Let's say, we turn into fox form, cast  Malefic crush (stun 2 seconds, 1 spark gone, no particularly high damage) + stunning blow (50% chance to stun the target for 3 seconds, 1 spark gone, no particularly high damage), once back to human form you:
a. don't  have enough chi for Nova;
b. basically dealt no damage while in fox form;
c. dealt the only damage possible with the pet (unless the person you're fighting was smart enough to kill the pet first);
d. wasted the stuns in fox form attempting a stun lock that brought you to nothing;
e. you're now back to the old available skills, since the ones you just used are in CD.

Offline Guess Who

• Old Player
Yall simply want to abuse a skill that is fine as it is, while messing up the skill and other skills in the process, paralyse to stun removal of pet skills which doesn't make sense and is unnecessary.
There are no problems with malefic crush.