Epic Perfect World

Meridian stuff

Offline Pain

• Forum Veteran
I noticed while upgrading my characters meridian that magic classes get a lot less useful stats than physical classes do, in these ss' you can see my wb and my mg, both are 2nd meridian and my mg is actually 4 lvls higher, yet my wb gains more stats in everything useful to him, I think this is caused by magic classes getting patk in addition to matk (which is useless), while physical classes only get patk.

If this could be fixed it'd be cool, also it would be very, very nice if we had a lot more tries a day, like.. Infinite. It's annoying, boring and completely luck based atm, I'm not sure how many stages there are but I'm guessing it will take a long while to get it maxed with my luck, where as others might get theirs in just a few days - Further increasing the amount of time that will pass before people will start pvping again, since no one likes doing it with a disadvantage.
Last Edit: Apr 13, 2014, 11:03 am by Blitzkrieg

Offline Elena

• Old player. Veno master.
  • Don't worry, my tattoos don't like you either.
  • Characters: Nya
There are 4 stages and yes it's getting more and more annoying since at some point you have only one living gate compared to 20 when you start, I suppose we'll have only 1 after we finish Flame...

I think the stats are purely random since my MG have more lvls than yours and she have less HP and some others...

Offline Ivan

• Ibun
  • Faction: Ducks
Noticed this too, I think that it gives str/vit/mag/ attributes and that it scales different for each class?

Vegas

http://pwi-wiki.perfectworld.com/index.php/Meridian

Stats aren't random. Barb gets more than all classes for some reason, kinda stupid but I guess you can't expect much from the official devs

Offline Broobndoobn

• Old Player
Okay, for some reason, my comment got deleted..

As I said, I think it's perfectly fine. Later down the road, the stats add up greatly.

Offline Üpgrayedd

• The Pimp
  • Feel the double D
  • Faction: Xpendable
More than the stats, I am worried about my luck with meridian lel

Offline Pain

• Forum Veteran
Okay, for some reason, my comment got deleted..

As I said, I think it's perfectly fine. Later down the road, the stats add up greatly.

I deleted it, since your comment did not contribute at all, now at least you added some sort of reasoning alongside your opinion, but I don't understand why you would think it's fine that magic classes get screwed even more than they already do.

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL. And I thought I was unlucky.

http://pwi-wiki.perfectworld.com/index.php/Meridian

Stats aren't random. Barb gets more than all classes for some reason, kinda stupid but I guess you can't expect much from the official devs

These are some strange numbers, I can understand heavy classes getting more hp than light classes, and light classes getting more hp than arcane classes, as that's how it has always been (Even though it's not really called for, arcanes by no means have any advantage over heavy or lights, on the contrary) but I do not understand why mystics get more matk than any other magic class,or why magic classes get patk but physical classes do not get matk, or why mgs get less pdef than anyone else - Even with stone barrier they're squishy as ***.

Oh and apperantly it takes on average 2454 attempts to get your meridian maxed out, 50 attempts a day.. 49 days approx, meaning if 2 months from now most people had finished with it and someone new started playing on this server they would have to wait almost 2 months before they could attend pk.
Last Edit: Apr 13, 2014, 01:15 pm by Blitzkrieg

Offline Agatio

• Game Veteran
Barb gets more than all classes for some reason, kinda stupid but I guess you can't expect much from the official devs
It's not stupid at all..
It's rather clear that heavy classes have more HP and pdef, while magic classes got more mdef. It's in order to keep balance and proper scaling of the classes' attributes. Meridian is just one of the many examples, like:
- refine HP from armors and even base HP of dragon armors
- pdef / mdef ratio of ha/la/gear
- War Avatar white stats multiplier

For end game characters additional HP from armors, maxed Meridian or War Avatars (not on this server though) have huge impact on the overall character attributes and if the gain from each of it was same, the natural differences from of classes (tank/glass cannon) would be nullified.

Offline ladyvanos

• Old Player
  • Characters: Sehanine-150 Archer.
For me... I have noticed that when e DEATH GATE pops up on e of the words are smaller.... Seeing this I have decided (@least to me) the life gate is to the usually 2 rows over from where I clecked and on the side where the word was smaller. I am 2 spots away from my 3rd meridian lvl. Idk if this is from pure luck but using this I have succeeded pretty well with it.

Offline Meese

• Mighty Moose Lord
  • Faction: Ducks
Oh and apperantly it takes on average 2454 attempts to get your meridian maxed out, 50 attempts a day.. 49 days approx, meaning if 2 months from now most people had finished with it and someone new started playing on this server they would have to wait almost 2 months before they could attend pk.

I think that's the big issue here, it takes a long time for boosts that, while not that amazing, are still boosts that newbies wouldn't get. The average amount doesn't apply to everyone, and some people could be going at it for far longer than the 49 days. I would say double the attempts per day if possible.

Offline Feone

• Forum Veteran
I think that's the big issue here, it takes a long time for boosts that, while not that amazing, are still boosts that newbies wouldn't get. The average amount doesn't apply to everyone, and some people could be going at it for far longer than the 49 days. I would say double the attempts per day if possible.

The bonusses could be changed maybe?

Get the good stuff first, the minor improvements later instead of the other way around.

Offline KingCobra

• quited/inactive.

LOOOOOOOOOOOOL. fk goventment.

Offline Mars Attacks!

• Forum Veteran
LMfaooooooooooo

On topic, it's sad how every magic class gains more phy dmg than sin.

Offline Elena

• Old player. Veno master.
  • Don't worry, my tattoos don't like you either.
  • Characters: Nya
I can feel your pain. Same happen to me. LOL Should have SS'ed it.

Vegas

It's not stupid at all..
It's rather clear that heavy classes have more HP and pdef, while magic classes got more mdef. It's in order to keep balance and proper scaling of the classes' attributes. Meridian is just one of the many examples, like:
- refine HP from armors and even base HP of dragon armors
- pdef / mdef ratio of ha/la/gear
- War Avatar white stats multiplier

For end game characters additional HP from armors, maxed Meridian or War Avatars (not on this server though) have huge impact on the overall character attributes and if the gain from each of it was same, the natural differences from of classes (tank/glass cannon) would be nullified.

Why does a seeker get more attack than an EA tho? Some of the stuff looks a bit weird imo