Epic Perfect World

is worth to have a 5aps sin? or not?

Offline xArsiny

• you dare talk to me?
is good to have a 2 HA set in sin to get 5aps? when sparked ??

or should i stay on 4aps?

Offline Ninja

• Retired Staff Member
  • The god of all stalkers! :D

You lose quite a large amount of damage output, the only advantage is regenerating chi faster, along with fractionally higher def/hp.
Ex-GM

Thanks Syringe for the pic & JuJuBeez for the awesome sig!

Offline xArsiny

• you dare talk to me?

You lose quite a large amount of damage output, the only advantage is regenerating chi faster, along with fractionally higher def/hp.

how bout a sage sin?? and sage is for pve right? should i get 5aps on sage sins?

Offline Feone

• Forum Veteran
5aps?
Short answer: No.
Long answer: Hell no.

With 1 exception, if you manage to get -int recast r8 boots (GL with that, I tried over 125 reforges already xD) then it'd be worth it.

Sage can't get 5aps unless you get the above, and getting HA pieces is just not worth it.

Offline Wolfo

• Free Thinkers are dangerous.
  • Characters: Wolfo
  • Faction: Virtue
Any sin can have 5.00 with Relentless Courage + high str genie, you just gotta find what stats to use on ur genie and obviously have one with some good LP (115+)

Offline Feone

• Forum Veteran
True but if DPS is what you want spamming extreme poison & tangling mire along with regular demonspark is more damage.
In PVP windshield generally wins for it's extremely low energy cost & still putting sins at 3.33. Wasting a lot of genie on aps can be worthwhile but on the other hand will leave you defenseless.

Offline Skilverlight

• SilverSin
how bout a sage sin?? and sage is for pve right? should i get 5aps on sage sins?

The only viable way to get 5APS on a sage sin is by using the genie skill Relentless Courage. Sages actually hit harder than a Demon, even without being as quick as they are, but they require more care and thought than a Demon sin.

They're also not restricted to PvE, they're just as good for PvP as a Demon.

However, do not put HA onto a sin. The significant damage loss will only hurt you. 4APS on a Demon is the way to go, a Sage can get up to 2.86 without the use of HA, and if you want to increase that to 3.33 use the genie skill Wind Shield. You'd require a strength genie to have Relentless Courage make you 4.0-5.0.

Offline Skilverlight

• SilverSin
Oops double post somehow.

Offline Feone

• Forum Veteran
If anything sage sins are more for pvp than pve, demonspark is simply a big advantage for killing stuff. Sage has a lot of boosts on many usefull pvp skills as well (Demon has some too but not quite as many.).

Offline hotflamie

• Limit the hating.
Btw in this game demon is PvE sin, sage is PvE, due to 4.00 sparked. And no. never ha/la sin. It's like u gain 25% aps, lose 30-35% dmg, acc, eva, crit rate. What u gain in pdef, u lose in mdef
SkyAngelz-Demon Archer
(self-proclaimed semi pro ea+pro kiter, your QQ is my proof xD)
Sinz-Demon Sin
Forget about me. Soon you wish you had.
Live now, tomorrow is just another today
Skyz - currently being lvled - Demon BM

Credit to jujubeez for the awesome sig:3

Offline Ninja

• Retired Staff Member
  • The god of all stalkers! :D
I may have my maths slightly wrong.

Assassin highest DPS without boosts is at 2.86 (that part isnt wrong).

Demon is 4.0, with margainly higher crit rate, its attack speed boost does not stack with others.

Sage is 2.86, with significantly more damage, you can use attack speed boots with this.

A genie with roughly 100-139 strength will make sage the same speed every now and then, so sage would have higher damage output, also windshield can bring sages attack speed and therefore damage output to near that of a demon sins.

With a genie of roughly 140+ strength sage will reach 5.0, surpassing demon by about 30% damage.

Sage is also damage per hit focused more than damage per second focused. Sage sin is better in pk if played well.
Ex-GM

Thanks Syringe for the pic & JuJuBeez for the awesome sig!

Offline hotflamie

• Limit the hating.
True, but that would require relentless courage with a cost of 140 energy and 30sec cd, lasting 8sec. Demon sin can be perma sparked (around 22-25 sec doing pure dmg over 30sec, rest is sparking) so in total dmg on a demon sin is higher. Becuase we can also use genie to debuff, having so high str genie on a sage however would limit debuffing to ... pretty much 0, first you will use:
say 120 total str. this is: 160 points. (this will be an average genie with 120 LP) it will be a discipline. (str genie)
110LP left.
35 will go for vitality, so you can use the skill. 75lp left.
all is put into magic to be able to use relent when its ready again in 30sec.
60magic=2.2 energy regen. We can add a total of 24 from 4x6mag genie gear.=2,48 regen~2.5
140/2.5=56 (takes 56secs, to get another 140 energy.)
A sage sin with full str genie can have 4.00 approx 9-10secs per min(using better genie and maximising some things i did not add)
Demon sin can have around 45-50. And using right kind of genie and modifiying it can be perma EP aka 20% more dmg, meaning sage sin only does 10% more dmg, and also lacking the perma spark which requires 3.33 i think, and it needs to do 1 chi skill atleast for every spark, possibly more.
SkyAngelz-Demon Archer
Sinz-Demon Sin

Offline Chum

• Fail Barb
  • Characters: Chum, Swampy
It depends on how you build it, and for what purpose.

I've been toying around with a demon pure PvE sin, and at 150 I'll wear the dragon HA helm, and 110 HA boots. It's ends up being around an 8% damage loss for a 25% dps boost.
Last Edit: July 07, 2012, 12:31 pm by Chum

Offline hotflamie

• Limit the hating.
It depends on how you build it, and for what purpose.

I've been toying around with a demon pure PvE sin, and at 150 I'll wear the dragon HA helm, and 110 HA boots. It's ends up being around an 8% damage loss for a 25% dps boost.
I forgot about lower lvl gear, but i still prefer pure dex, the extra cr is especially nice
SkyAngelz-Demon Archer
Sinz-Demon Sin

Offline Feone

• Forum Veteran
As hotflamie said, with the right relentless courage genie a sage sin can outDPS a demon for a short time. With windshield they can approach but not quite match the damage during spark though this stops them from spamming debuffs.

For DPS a demon wins because of the constant 4aps leaving genie to go full debuff spam (Extreme Poison, Tangling Mire)