Epic Perfect World

Any chance of a new server?

Offline Squiddy

• Old Player
  • Losers Everywhere
  • Characters: Shorti, PinkPanda
  • Faction: Xpendable
Noticed that, for the past few days, some of us have been experiencing heavy latency.

My ping...but sometimes it even spikes to 15k and everyone just rubberbands everywhere.
I'm sure anyone else who lags will understand how close to impossible it is to play with 1k+ ping.
Skills go off litterally 5 seconds after you click them and everyone on the map freezes around and suddenly everything moves at once.

Is there any chance of a new server with another host.
Possibly one in north america/southeast asia/australia
Either one of these places would be good enough.
Lots of people ingame are from all over the world, would be nice if some people from the otherside of the world had a server closer to them. :l

Even PWstorm has a nice north american server.
:) Just a suggestion.
Last Edit: Apr 02, 2014, 03:10 pm by Panda

Vegas

I hoped some1 would suggest a 1.3 server  :sad: F U panda

Anyways +1 to this, would be nice if something could be done for american/australian players since it's unplayable with that ping most of the time.

Offline Almighty

+1 to this suggestion. Can't play like this.

:normal-13: :normal-13: :normal-13:

Offline VookieCookie

• Forum Veteran
That would mean dividing players for 2 servers, which is bad D:

Offline Odna

• Jack of all trades
  • Master of none
  • Faction: >Artifex<
no it will be the same server, just diff connections to it
and +1 i always have 300 + ping kuz im from cali
hell yea

Offline 🌸

• -
  • Characters: Mercy, Sigh

They mean like epic-1 and epic-2, an epica-4

Offline VookieCookie

• Forum Veteran
no it will be the same server, just diff connections to it
Is that even possible technically? e.e

They mean like epic-1 and epic-2, an epica-4
Ok why mad

Im stupid then
kill me

Offline SHINIGAMI

• Pharmaceutical/IT Guy :p
  • May you live every day of your life.
  • Characters: Labs, Labradoodle
same here,

normally my ping is around 500+ ish .. but for the past few days it has constantly been well over 1k+. Not sure if the player population spiked all of a sudden or what :S  but this doesn't seem to be a simple ping spike situation, this 1k+ ping is looking to be my new standard ping :/
#Retired #BusyWithThatDadLyf

Offline Squiddy

• Old Player
  • Losers Everywhere
I think it would be really helpful if there's a south-east asian server since, there's many pinoys on this server.
Also, it would be a closer server for those who play in australia/india/indonesia/singapore/malaysia etc.

Offline Harry

• Forum Veteran
  • Faction: Outcasts☆
I think it would be really helpful if there's a south-east asian server since, there's many pinoys on this server.
Also, it would be a closer server for those who play in australia/india/indonesia/singapore/malaysia etc.

Server wasn't designed for SE Asians to play. Their choice to come to a (for them) laggy server, with a bad timezone.

Offline Bill Dipperly

• God of TW
  • Faction: storm
+1 server is laggy these days

Offline Squiddy

• Old Player
  • Losers Everywhere
Server wasn't designed for SE Asians to play. Their choice to come to a (for them) laggy server, with a bad timezone.

It's selfish to say that.
A new server is not going to affect your gameplay at all.
It's ignorant to say that, since, part of the server's revenue does actually come from Americans/Pinoys/Australians.
I'm pretty sure more than 50% of the server are not Europeans.

I think the only issue is cost.

Offline Calamity

• Forum Veteran
  • Sic Parvis Magna
  • Characters: Calamity
  • Faction: Crow
It's ignorant to say that, since, part of the server's revenue does actually come from Americans/Pinoys/Australians.

he means that EPW is mainly for NA and EU players time zone wise i think. I don't remember which post but a GM said something about it. and i do agree with having a new server location, because a lot of people do get lag spikes and rubberbanding. hopefully he says yes to adding another server cause most people have a hard time playing cause of their ping

Offline Harry

• Forum Veteran
  • Faction: Outcasts☆

I'm not saying they're not welcome. But I'm saying it just wasn't designed for them, I understand they play - but if the server cannot afford to create another server to cater for these people, then they'll just have to cope. As it is probable that to house a good server, you'll need much $$. And what will happen if to create another for the Asians, they have to downgrade another?

It's not viable, nor is it sustainable. Case would be closed in my eyes, but I'm just a player.

Offline Squiddy

• Old Player
  • Losers Everywhere
We have 2 servers located in france atm.
Not sure where the other one is located, but it's also in europe.

And on that note, I don't think there's a single server out there that's designed for SEA players/ Australians.

Even people in North America get about 200-400 ping.