Epic Perfect World

New Venomancer legendary pets: Discussion

Offline Droopeh

Well then, hello to all avid Venomancer players ^_^
I'm almost 100% sure that the new legendary venomancer pets will be implemented in the NH patch.
For those that don't pay attention to the official PWI severs here's a quick breakdown of the pets:

Empyrean Harpy: The harpy is a fully ranged pet with A ranged magic attack skill and a ranged AoE with a very small cooldown (similar to Mystics' storm mistress). Apart from this, it possesses an AoE stun that only works on mobs. When it evolves, it gains a buff that increases hp (by 30%) and damage dealt to monsters by 30%.

It's quite obvious that the harpy is a full on PvE pet with very little use in PvP situations. It can be quite useful for venomancers that wish to level up though, since the damage it does is quite high against monsters and the aoe stun is never going to hurt. If you help guildies with the occasional GV or help them run PV the harpy is a great pet. To add on to this, it can Range tank monsters effectively putting it out of the AoE range which means you have to heal less. I'm not sure whether this is important in EPW or not though.

Monkey King: A melee pet with quite high damage. It has a single target freeze skill that increases it's attack on a fairly short (15s) cooldown. To add on to this, it also has an AoE STUN  with a 15 meter range and a 6 meter radius that works on PLAYERS and lasts for 2 seconds. It doesn't matter on this server (since you can teach any pet any skill you want with little drawbacks due to the high amount of coins on the server), but the monkey king comes with pounce which adds another 2 seconds of lock down potential. To add on to this, once evolved, the monkey king has an ability that reduces the damage it takes from players by 60% while increasing his hp by 30%.

So, I'm sure we can all notice that the monkey can literally stun lock a player for 6 seconds on its own and it can do this while the venomancer is disabled. This is HUGE if you just need a sec to pop your genie skill or apo pot and can also discourage some players from continuing the onslaught due to the high damage of the pet. The monkey also is surprisingly tanky, and a million times tankier than the herc in pvp. It's unique skill is basically a maxed out blessing of the pack that reduces damage from players by 60% which makes it that much more tanky, meaning you can add on more offensive skills or more defensive ones to make it even harder to kill and more annoying. This pet's aoe stun also works on mobs, so it can be decent for PvE too though it can't hold aggro on multiple mobs unless you add reflect to it and even then it can't compare to the harpy.

Now, on to my questions and possible topics for discussion:

-Will the legendary pets get tailored for epw? Will they receive buffs or nerfs?

-Will Venomancers' life get easier after the new pets? Or will things remain the same pretty much?

-What do you guys think the cost of the pets will be? Do you think they'll be easily attainable like the Nix or Herc or do you believe they're going to require event tokens or large quantities of EC like the owl for example?

-Do you think Venomancers might become too strong with the new pets? (I personally don't)

Overall, I'm quite exited for the new pets and can't wait to test them out, as I didn't get the chance in the official PWI servers (*cough* 400mil *cough*)

Offline Milan

• Forum Veteran
  • Faction: Tyrants
You will find out in a week.. No spoilers from me :p

Offline Komi

• Ego Crusher
  • Hitmehard > All veno
cant wait for stun lock  8)
1/5 of Alamat core.

Offline Harry

• Forum Veteran
  • Faction: Outcasts☆
You will find out in a week.. No spoilers from me :p

2 weeks*.

Offline ~TheQueenB~

• ~#IDFWU~
  • $$ Life is Good $$
  • Characters: I am Legion
  • Faction: GAME=FUN Leader
wow that escilated quickly  :tiger-16: topic...venomancer legendary pets and discussion of such, on that note, I am really excited about the new patch and can't wait to see what is in store for us as venos.  Thanks for breaking down the Harpy and Monkey King, I found this to be helpful. Im really interested in the pet evolution aspect more so than anything else and wonder how all of this will work into our EPW world :)
~RUMORS are carried by HATERS, spread by FOOLS, & accepted by IDIOTS~

Offline Guess Who

• Old Player
To summarise,
harpy= mini mage
monkey= stunlock and 0pdef fleshream  ^-^ .

Offline Vixen ♡

• playing since 06/11/2012
  • do you speak husky?
i cant wait to see the new pets tho.. i hope its not with stupid event tokens.. i wouldnt mind supply tokens but knowing luck it will be with event tokens e.e
♥You can't throw me to the wolves they come when I call.. because I'm their mother♥
♥A fox is a WOLF who sends flowers♥
♥Trying to understand the behavior of some people is like trying to smell the color.... 9 :P
♥people with narrow minds have broad tongues♥
♥if the heart knows only love. Hate and Fear run and hide♥
♥The poor long for riches, the rich long for heaven, but the wise desire tranquility♥
artwork done by me ^^

Offline King Kazma

• Fox
  • Here i am not.
IKR flipping sucks Veno's have to save up 15~20 event tokens to get a PvP pet that can sorta defend it self against like 4 or 5 hits

Offline Droopeh

IKR flipping sucks Veno's have to save up 15~20 event tokens to get a PvP pet that can sorta defend it self against like 4 or 5 hits

Yeah, should definitely be supply tokens imo. At least the harpy since it's main use is going to be pve anyway.

Offline Foxglove

• Forum Veteran
  • Tyrant God
no more event token pets, please . -_____________________________________________________-

Offline Harry

• Forum Veteran
  • Faction: Outcasts☆
no more event token pets, please . -_____________________________________________________-

I just want it to be event tokens now. :)

Offline HolaAmigos:)

• Old Player
  • ARE YOU MAD CUZ YOU ARAB ? AND VIRGIN ?
  • Characters: Arabs=Bad
  • Faction: Arabs=Bad

+684658524698541698541698/4716985476985416798/456954769854 taco

Offline Foxglove

• Forum Veteran
  • Tyrant God

Harry  :normal-5:

Offline Vixen ♡

• playing since 06/11/2012
  • do you speak husky?
♥You can't throw me to the wolves they come when I call.. because I'm their mother♥
♥A fox is a WOLF who sends flowers♥
♥Trying to understand the behavior of some people is like trying to smell the color.... 9 :P
♥people with narrow minds have broad tongues♥
♥if the heart knows only love. Hate and Fear run and hide♥
♥The poor long for riches, the rich long for heaven, but the wise desire tranquility♥
artwork done by me ^^

Offline ~TheQueenB~

• ~#IDFWU~
  • $$ Life is Good $$
  • Characters: I am Legion
  • Faction: GAME=FUN Leader
shouldn't be a problem since Agatio made it possible to make the event tokens with supply tokens at the forges, I been saving mine for the new pets  :) Then when we doget our pets, let's all  go find Harry to test them on :P (jk jk)  :pig-23:
~RUMORS are carried by HATERS, spread by FOOLS, & accepted by IDIOTS~