Epic Perfect World

Sage vs Demon EP - UV Mode

Offline TwistedPanda

• "You Have Been Purged"
  • Characters: Mlke | TwistedPanda
  • Faction: Purge
Ok so i'm at some point when i don't know exactly what to do...

I'm a sage ep.. my build is mostly for full attack and not def mode... and i'm talking here about pk/pvp.

I was thinking to switch to demon.. more attack,fast chan , wielder thunder reduce 30% metal ressistence and so on.

So i talk about UV Mode only pk/pvp ep way.

In UV Mode as sage u cant get chi from rejuvenation because u cant use heals in UV mode but u can get 100% pdef from vanguard in UV mode.

As demon in UV mode u can get chi and extra magic attack from buffs but you you loose the 100% pdef for 10 sec from vanguard .. as ep we are squishy so does it worth to go demon?

Others EP's who are demon maybe ttell me how do u survive in pk/pvp without the 100% pdef for 10 sec.

Offline Foxglove

• Forum Veteran
  • Tyrant God
  • Faction: Tyrants
The majority of DD eps are demon for higher attack.

Offline TwistedPanda

• "You Have Been Purged"
Yes i know that but how is the survival rete without that extra pdef buff.

Offline Meese

• Mighty Moose Lord
  • Faction: Ducks

I think DD EPs survive just fine without the extra pdef buff. Just gotta be more mindful of your surroundings and using skills that restore HP (like the arrays + Boon). My EP was demon for the longest time (switched to sage cause I want to use him for more support + the chan is sesy) and I quite enjoyed using him. The 2 in 1 Rejuv is great for support and the spirit buff extra matk and shackle combo is pretty great as well.

Offline TwistedPanda

• "You Have Been Purged"

Offline Rin

• Forum Veteran
Demon can sometimes be better since you don't need chi for purify etc and if you have nice channeling Stream is just fine to give the 100% pdef buff + it heals. When you're metal maging (I suppose for 1v1 since it's better to play a different class as DD in mass pk) it's not really that necessary to have that buff on you. It's nice for tanking yeah, but the attack buff demon has is much better for 1v1. You have plenty of other skills to survive, so don't worry about losing that buff.

Offline Odna

• Jack of all trades
  • Master of none
  • Faction: >Artifex<
uh my EP is demon because i always liked demon EP in support/dd, but most EPs i see are sage. But an EP has enough dmg for 1vs1, and if youre fighting a sin camp a def/purify wep until their tidal runs out, after that just sog put ur debuff, and boom 2 shot  :rolleyes:
hell yea

Offline ABBADON

• Hi '-'
  • Characters: ???!?!
  • Faction: Xpendable, Artifex
I think sage is pretty nice in UV mode. If you build yourself correctly ( high magic and attack level, or however you like to gain your damage ) the damage output will be greater than demon imo. Many people look at the demon buff that increases your magic attack; however it's the same damage increase as single sparking. Sage UV single sparking > demon UV with damage buff. Also, that pdef buff comes in handy much more than you think when you only have skills that reduce the damage you take in UV ( Two shells, 50% damage reduction, and otherwise your two Arrays for healing ). I wouldn't give that up.
Channeling wise you don't always need to depend on damage to kill your target quickly/hierobug because sage gives such a nice boost to chan. And as for chi, get a good genie and you won't find yourself lacking far behind demon.

IMFLUFFY- r8 demon barb
NOISIA- r8 sage psy
ABBADON- r8 demon bm
ASMODEUS- r8 sage seeker
Ascension- r8 sage sin
Krewella- r8 sage archer
ARKASIA- r8 demon veno
Realisation-r8 sage cleric
BreakNoise-r8 demon mystic

Offline Lolly

• Forum Veteran
I think sage is pretty nice in UV mode. If you build yourself correctly ( high magic and attack level, or however you like to gain your damage ) the damage output will be greater than demon imo. Many people look at the demon buff that increases your magic attack; however it's the same damage increase as single sparking. Sage UV single sparking > demon UV with damage buff. Also, that pdef buff comes in handy much more than you think when you only have skills that reduce the damage you take in UV ( Two shells, 50% damage reduction, and otherwise your two Arrays for healing ). I wouldn't give that up.
Channeling wise you don't always need to depend on damage to kill your target quickly/hierobug because sage gives such a nice boost to chan. And as for chi, get a good genie and you won't find yourself lacking far behind demon.
My bb explain best. <3
Sage > demon. I've been both demon and sage, my opinion sage is better. When it's so easy to get chi with stream, and you getting the benefit of having the channeling and pdef buff. I wouldn't lose that for the magic buff that equals one spark and for the other two skills that have like a 25% chance for chi. xD I don't really have to say anything else, in my opinion. Beeecause of what's above this. ^^
Last Edit: Mar 21, 2014, 12:40 am by Lolly

Lolly - 150 Ep | Lapras - 150 Wf | Crystal - 150 Ea
Sometimes it physically pains me to hold back my sarcastic comments.

Offline TwistedPanda

• "You Have Been Purged"
Thanks guys for the info. Anyway  good think about demon in UV is u can get chi from buffs since as sage u cant.

And i never waste in pk energy from genie to get chi qq :) i keep it for critical situation :) we are soo squishy.

And yes if u go full attack as ep u have high dmg so with or without extra dmg buff u still have alot of dmg.

Offline Rin

• Forum Veteran
However I also think sage is better, it's a little ridiculous to compare one spark to that buff.. It consumes up one spark..

Imo demon is better if you go for 1v1s only, because of the debuff adds, attack buff which you can keep on yourself all the time, no chi consuming purify, # etc. Sage is better for support, if you plan on both playing support and 1v1s I'd stay sage because sage does fine in 1v1.

Offline ABBADON

• Hi '-'
  • Characters: ???!?!
  • Faction: Xpendable, Artifex
Thanks guys for the info. Anyway  good think about demon in UV is u can get chi from buffs since as sage u cant.

And i never waste in pk energy from genie to get chi qq :) i keep it for critical situation :) we are soo squishy.

And yes if u go full attack as ep u have high dmg so with or without extra dmg buff u still have alot of dmg.
It all depends on your genie and the situation that you'd use energy for a burst of chi of course. :P
However I also think sage is better, it's a little ridiculous to compare one spark to that buff.. It consumes up one spark..

Imo demon is better if you go for 1v1s only, because of the debuff adds, attack buff which you can keep on yourself all the time, no chi consuming purify, # etc. Sage is better for support, if you plan on both playing support and 1v1s I'd stay sage because sage does fine in 1v1.
Yeah I know chi consumption<no chi consumption but I brought it up in terms of damage; that a sage using one spark is equivalent or more to demon w/ buff. But I don't know if it's just me, my playstyle allows me to have plenty of chi even with the amount of sparks I consume.

IMFLUFFY- r8 demon barb
NOISIA- r8 sage psy
ABBADON- r8 demon bm
ASMODEUS- r8 sage seeker
Ascension- r8 sage sin
Krewella- r8 sage archer
ARKASIA- r8 demon veno
Realisation-r8 sage cleric
BreakNoise-r8 demon mystic

Offline SQUISHY BARB

• Characters: SQUlSHY
SQUlSHY - Sage DPH Barb White Panda
__SQUISHY__ - Demon Mystic - alt

Offline Essence

• Want some more?
  • You don't like me? Pinch my ass!
  • Characters: Essence
  • Faction: HangOver
My opinion, sage EP, cause of the extra healing, extra pdef, and wide range for AOE heals.
But depends on your style of playing for EP.

Good luck.
Essence

Offline Alcohol

• If your STRONG let your Strength do the Talking
  • Characters: Alcohol
  • Faction: Xpendable
Demon EP all the way :D