Epic Perfect World

Drawing tablets

Offline Darunia ஜ

• ...Because it is.
  • Censorship is the bane of creativity.
  • Characters: An ungodly amount
  • Faction: Tragic
Hihi, so for those who may not know (I kept it under wraps for the most part), but Monday is my 2nd 28th birthday.  I got some money to spend thanks to my mom and what I want is to delve into drawing, something that I actually love to do, but don't do it enough because:

-I left most of my drawing stuff back home in New York
-Drawing with a mouse with my right hand as a lefty is a pain in the ass
-I haven't been creatively inspired in a long time.  I write, but that's about as far as I go. 

And I've been having an itch to draw lately, so I figured that while pen and paper would be cheaper, why not get a drawing tablet? 

For those who use one, what would you suggest?  I've seen a few on Amazon and at a pretty decent price, but I'd like to get some input before I jump right in.  I don't plan on getting it before Monday.

PS: I'm doing this under the lack of coffee, so if this is in the wrong place, feel free to move it, but I couldn't think of a spot where it would fit right in.

Stay Classy.
Mikau - 150 Sage Archer (unofficially retired)
Darunia - 150 Demon Cleric (unoffical new main)
Catfish - 150 Sage Psy (main PK gal)
Phalanx - 150 Demon BM (because impulsive)

Offline Unicorn2

• Forum Veteran
  • My advice to you, my violent friend, is to seek out gold and sit on it.
  • Characters: Unicorn
  • Faction: ThaClicK
I got the drawing itch too recently. For christmas my family got me this one https://store.wacom.com/us/en/product/CTH480? It's really easy to set up, and simple. It's also a really good size if you get the small one. I can sit with it on my lap and draw away without having something too small or too big.  :-\ I hope this helps.
[9:53:42 AM] Matty: FACTOR ALPHA UNICORN WANTS ME TO RUB HER HORN OH MY GOD
[9:54:05 AM] ♥: Yes, my Dear One. Rub it, and rub it good.

EricaMurcas

Tablets are awesome, you can get some down-right AWESOME effects because of the different kinds of brushes that are at your disposal. A normal drawing can look just like a painting once you get good at it. Plus you don't have to worry about eraser marks, because every action you do is almost immediate, add to that you can either erase ALL of it or make it sort of fade for a softer look makes it awesome. The possibilities are endless. If you have the money, I say go for it. It takes awhile to learn, but once you learn, you're hooked.

Offline Milkyway

• A Foxy Fox, Fox.
I use a window's Microsoft Surface Pro 8.1 OS. u can see and draw on the screen, 10.1 inch display is an artist gamer dream, I play EPW on it with 60fps full detail in crowded areas, and I can draw all I want :D cost about $799.99 USD New at Best Buy, there's a newer model out called the Surface Pro 2, it's $899.99 New, it has USB port, SD card port, Headphone Jack, Magnetic keyboard that comes separately for 89.99 to 129.99 Weights 2lbs, half an inch thickness, extremely portable and it' runs like a normal computer, they make a cheaper version called the RT, but, the Pro has nearly full pen drawing support (doesn't have tilt feature) uses pressure sensitive etc.
Iza Fox

Offline Unicorn2

• Forum Veteran
I use a window's Microsoft Surface Pro 8.1 OS. u can see and draw on the screen, 10.1 inch display is an artist gamer dream, I play EPW on it with 60fps full detail in crowded areas, and I can draw all I want :D cost about $799.99 USD New at Best Buy, there's a newer model out called the Surface Pro 2, it's $899.99 New, it has USB port, SD card port, Headphone Jack, Magnetic keyboard that comes separately for 89.99 to 129.99 Weights 2lbs, half an inch thickness, extremely portable and it' runs like a normal computer, they make a cheaper version called the RT, but, the Pro has nearly full pen drawing support (doesn't have tilt feature) uses pressure sensitive etc.
Why would someone spend that kind of money on it if they are just starting out drawing? I think that's silly to bring up. ):

Offline eel stirfry

• Forum Veteran
  • how nostalgic
I got the drawing itch too recently. For christmas my family got me this one https://store.wacom.com/us/en/product/CTH480? It's really easy to set up, and simple. It's also a really good size if you get the small one. I can sit with it on my lap and draw away without having something too small or too big.  :-\ I hope this helps.
+1 to this
Wacom tablets are all pretty good from my experience.
Depending on your budget you could get one of those, or a more expensive option is a small Intuos Pro.. (http://www.wacom.com/en/us/creative/intuos-pro-s), though if you're just starting out, then probably just the Intuos?

/idek
(:

Offline Unicorn2

• Forum Veteran
+1 to this
Wacom tablets are all pretty good from my experience.
Depending on your budget you could get one of those, or a more expensive option is a small Intuos Pro.. (http://www.wacom.com/en/us/creative/intuos-pro-s), though if you're just starting out, then probably just the Intuos?

/idek
I feel like for your first tablet, you should keep the budget small. What happens if you spend 300 bucks on a tablet, and you find out you don't like drawing that way? Or if you honestly cannot get why things work the way they do, or the feel throws you off and you just want to draw on paper? That's a waste of money... You should always start off with a smaller budget, and save up if you like it so you can get the best possible tablet when you are comfortable with your old one.  :-\

Offline Darunia ஜ

• ...Because it is.
Yeah, I'm not planning on spending 300 dollars on a tablet, at least not yet.  I was looking at this one on Amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/Wacom-Intuos-Small-Tablet-CTL480/dp/B00EN27TCI/ref=dp_ob_title_ce

It looks like it'd be perfect for someone like me, nub friendly and affordable.  The only issue I can see is the lack of eraser, but it looks like it can be programmed into a shortcut button or sommat.  Idek.

I may spring for something a little more expensive if I can, but it is a Wacom, which yall seem to like. xD

Stay Classy.

Offline Unicorn2

• Forum Veteran
Yeah, I'm not planning on spending 300 dollars on a tablet, at least not yet.  I was looking at this one on Amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/Wacom-Intuos-Small-Tablet-CTL480/dp/B00EN27TCI/ref=dp_ob_title_ce

It looks like it'd be perfect for someone like me, nub friendly and affordable.  The only issue I can see is the lack of eraser, but it looks like it can be programmed into a shortcut button or sommat.  Idek.

I may spring for something a little more expensive if I can, but it is a Wacom, which yall seem to like. xD
Well, the one I linked comes with free photoshop and a few other things, along with an eraser. It is only 30 dollars more and you can update it to wireless if you wanted.

Offline Darunia ஜ

• ...Because it is.
Well, the one I linked comes with free photoshop and a few other things, along with an eraser. It is only 30 dollars more and you can update it to wireless if you wanted.

That one is actually my second choice.  On Amazon it's actually 10 bucks cheaper, so that's a plus.

We'll see on Monday.  I don't get to spoil myself more than once a year, so this would be nice. xD

Stay Classy.

Offline Unicorn2

• Forum Veteran
That one is actually my second choice.  On Amazon it's actually 10 bucks cheaper, so that's a plus.

We'll see on Monday.  I don't get to spoil myself more than once a year, so this would be nice. xD
Ehhh. Does that one come with the eraser and such? o.O I'd go from the wacom website, but I guess amazon works.  :-\

Offline Darunia ஜ

• ...Because it is.
Ehhh. Does that one come with the eraser and such? o.O I'd go from the wacom website, but I guess amazon works.  :-\

The first one I posted? No.  The one you posted  (with an eraser) is on Amazon for cheaper.  And it comes with the photoshop and goodies.  Free shipping too.

I might end up getting it only because it has the software bundle which makes it worth the extra couple of dollars.  But I'm thinking that my laptop may not even install it being as old as it is, so I may end up having to use my tablet on my husband's computer (which I get all of 3 hours a week on now, LOL) if that's the case.

So how friendly would this be for an older system?

Stay Classy.

Offline Unicorn2

• Forum Veteran
The first one I posted? No.  The one you posted  (with an eraser) is on Amazon for cheaper.  And it comes with the photoshop and goodies.  Free shipping too.

I might end up getting it only because it has the software bundle which makes it worth the extra couple of dollars.  But I'm thinking that my laptop may not even install it being as old as it is, so I may end up having to use my tablet on my husband's computer (which I get all of 3 hours a week on now, LOL) if that's the case.

So how friendly would this be for an older system?
I don't really have an answer for that. I got a new computer for christmas since I dropped juice on my new lappy, so no matter what I wouldn't have an answer. x.x Sorry hun. It seems to work fine on my system, but then again I have a desktop. My desktop can run photoshop, skype, google chrome, IMVU and still be able to mass PK on EPW. x.x

Offline eel stirfry

• Forum Veteran
  • how nostalgic

Um, if you're worried about a lack of eraser, certain art programs like PTS have an option of transparency, so you can basically just erase with your current brush and settings in a way (and set a hotkey for that). Heck, I almost never use my pen's eraser. :/
(the 2 colour checkerboard box near the colors in PTS: )
Last Edit: Mar 16, 2014, 12:06 am by EvilEye23 。◕`ヮ´◕。
(:

Offline Chire

Eraser does not come with the tablet. Eraser is built in paint tool SAI, Photoshop etc. :P I started with MousePen i608x Genius tablet. And I am pretty satisfied. I did not want to waste too much money on expensive ones, in case I screw something up with the tablet xD Yeah, Im a lefty too, I know how hard it is to draw some positions and stuffs ._.
KingCobra guides to dph and aps assasin. pay attention to the veri simple steps.
Aps assasin
1-donate ur house and live in a box to get 0.15 wrist on rank 8
2-get a genie with absolute domain,holy path,and 1 lv wind shield for 5 aps.
3-get shitload of wood pills and go ***ing pk

Dph assasin

1-Buy Rank 8 and pray allah for gof daggers and crit/dex on gear
2-Pray Allah for zerk+ crits and use earth rift like retarded  (Pray require minium of 6 hours a day for max gof proc)
...IF none of that work delete epic>go play Hello Kitty :normal-1: