Epic Perfect World

Rank 8 Inquiry

Offline Dinosaur

• Ashley
  • Characters: Dinosaur - 150 Cleric
  • Faction: None Yet
Ever since I joined EPW (a couple weeks ago), people keep telling me to get Rank 8 equipment because it's supposed to be so much better than Dragon equipment. So after acquiring both sets and experimenting with them a little bit, I've noticed that they're both pretty much the same. Mind you, I'm playing a Cleric and I've been told that Clerics are an exception to the Rank 8 rule but that I should still go mostly with Rank 8 equipment. They're exactly the same, minus the stats, though. Example:

Rank 8

Dragon

When it comes down to it, I actually like my Dragon equipment better. I'm just wondering if there's some God-like stat that I should be trying to get on my R8, because I'm just not seeing what's so good about it. OR am I doing something wrong? I'm new so it wouldn't surprise me if I messed something up. Let me know what I should do / what the better equipment combination is, guys. Thanks.

Offline Odna

• Jack of all trades
  • Master of none
  • Faction: >Artifex<
r8 set bonus better
hell yea

Reliant

I don't like talking about how op dragon is when it's actually not, well leave it as it is if you are rich or /and have alot time to spend on farming then you get r8 for either big bonus in mass pk and small bonus in 1v1's for certain classes.
(rather than nerfing dragon, buff the r8 chances)
http://epicpw.com/guides/r8-recast-add-on-guide/msg25573/#msg25573

Offline Meese

• Mighty Moose Lord
  • Faction: Ducks
R8 provides more defenses (the bonus Atk/Def levels gained make a big difference, not to mention the Phys reduc %) and more offensive capability. R8 that has some investment into it can be far more OP than Dragon (an example of this is getting channelling on all R8 gears, as opposed to having limited channelling on Dragon). In your case, clerics (supports in general) tend to go with a mixture of HA/R8 (usually HA top and rest R8) as this provides more defenses for the cleric and allows them to properly support their team while in PK. I would recommend you look into getting some channelling on your gears or +Pdef/phys dmg reduce % in order to increase your survival.

Offline Dinosaur

• Ashley
  • Characters: Dinosaur - 150 Cleric
  • Faction: None Yet
Awesome. Yeah, I just figured that out. Thanks. :D

Offline Feone

• Forum Veteran
Never underestimate the power of a few attack and deflvls.

If you fight someone who has 5 more atk&deflvl than you have you're already at a major disadvantage.

Offline 엔젤ღ

• Sacred Radiance
  • k-pop'ers and yaoi fan ❤
  • Characters: AngeliqMyst
:'( u have -6% chanel on first try?? :c damn. i recast it over and over again and no chanel :c.

on topic, well r8r bonus stat is better than dragon although dragon has OP channeling :c
AngeliqMyst - Sage Mystic

yaoi<3

Offline Subzeroo

• God of PK, DT, and DH
  • Adv and Prominent are the real champions. Show me any other core that’s better than us
  • Characters: Subzeroo/Ryujap
  • Faction: Adversary Leader
R8 provides more defenses (the bonus Atk/Def levels gained make a big difference, not to mention the Phys reduc %) and more offensive capability. R8 that has some investment into it can be far more OP than Dragon (an example of this is getting channelling on all R8 gears, as opposed to having limited channelling on Dragon). In your case, clerics (supports in general) tend to go with a mixture of HA/R8 (usually HA top and rest R8) as this provides more defenses for the cleric and allows them to properly support their team while in PK. I would recommend you look into getting some channelling on your gears or +Pdef/phys dmg reduce % in order to increase your survival.

+1.....

Nobody Better.

Rest In Peace Mia.

Adversary disbanded you 7 times in a row, and Prominent destroyed you 3-0 in a 20v20 and in TW twice. Get smoked

Reliant

R8 defense levels are really important (for every class) same as attack levels for casters/EA's, -int too,resistances are minor but all in all its  boost. It all depends how much effort you want to spend for game, honestly you will find out that you will become too squishy in dragon soon, a melee target for example dies in a lock of any caster or EA (because of the fact of being unable to swap to defense levels at that very moment)in order to win a 1v1 vs a decently stacked r8 player with high skill would recommend you to have superior knowledge of the game and incredible timing and most likely you would still loose in longterm at some point, but as i said earlier certain classes for example barb or psychic doesn't necessarily need it in 1v1 but playing with it provides alot more choices to attack (attack level weapon for psy) and defend (defense level weapon for barb when out of chi so you are unable to use invoke and solid shield is on cd) but that applies only specifically to 1v1s.
Last Edit: Mar 14, 2014, 01:15 pm by Reliant

Offline Mάx

• Inactive
  • Characters: Acrylics , Hercules
R8 always better than dragon set....!!!
but if cleric u should make ur own combination between dragon and R8!