Epic Perfect World

I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this, but Barb question

Offline Chenstar

Is the best way to build a Barb with Fists/Claws interval setup or should I be building a traditional Barb with low Dex and putting as much as possible into Vit and rely on Shards and Gear to provide accuracy. How do they do in both PvE and a PvP aspect and what is the common way to build them? Also what are Pros/Cons of going either path.
"As balance dictates."

Offline Chum

• Fail Barb
  • Characters: Chum, Swampy
I personally prefer the demon barb + claw stats. Good dex for killing sins/archers with axe, good aps for killing bosses with claws.

The vit build is kinda eh imo. You're basically a rock. Can't really do much aside from sparking or arma to kill anyone, but if you're full buffed and know what you're doing, you become nearly impossible to solo.

Str build is pretty nasty, but the lack of dex, even with bloodbath, hurts when trying to take out sins/archers.

Offline Chenstar

I personally prefer the demon barb + claw stats. Good dex for killing sins/archers with axe, good aps for killing bosses with claws.

The vit build is kinda eh imo. You're basically a rock. Can't really do much aside from sparking or arma to kill anyone, but if you're full buffed and know what you're doing, you become nearly impossible to solo.

Str build is pretty nasty, but the lack of dex, even with bloodbath, hurts when trying to take out sins/archers.

One of my favorite skills is Armageddon for the Barb. Do you feel as if Arma is much weaker when you sacrifice Vit for more Dex or do you think Vit Stones make up for the lack of Vit?

Also how does your HP pool compare to other Vit/Str Builds?
"As balance dictates."

Offline Chum

• Fail Barb
  • Characters: Chum, Swampy
One of my favorite skills is Armageddon for the Barb. Do you feel as if Arma is much weaker when you sacrifice Vit for more Dex or do you think Vit Stones make up for the lack of Vit?

Also how does your HP pool compare to other Vit/Str Builds?
Not entirely sure how much weaker my arma is compared to a vit barb, though I have 1 shot a few squishies with mine, higher crit rate ftw.

A full vit barb standing has a couple thousand HP less than me in tiger, if that gives you a good estimate. And str build is the same as me.

Offline Reval

• Virgin Barb
Full vit build for barb = only you can do is to arma to burst damage
                                 = your arma will miss to high eva characters which is sucks

Offline Feone

• Forum Veteran
A pure strength barb is scary. Your arma may not be as badass but your regular skills can easily zerkcrit for as much as a vitbarb arma. Aside from that you'll still have 60k ish HP + badass defense skills + options for defensive genie skills (most notably solid shield).
If anything a pure strength barb is probably the most powerfull character on this server. From my archer perspective a pure vit barb can hit me as hard as I can hit them... and they got 80k+ hp =/. A pure strength barb can easily 2shot my full dragon 150 archer if it crits and/or zerks twice while still having almost double my hp.
(last str barb I ran into zerkcritted for 20k's regular attacks unsparked with just armor crush debuff.)

For TW go full vit though, no use for damage if you're a tank, other than that str barb wins IMO.