Epic Perfect World

PvE Class Build threads (and how they seem to not exist).

Offline Elric

I, like several other players on this server, play strictly PvE, and I'd like to try every class, but whenever I go to search for a build suggestion for that class, it's always the same thing; PvP this, PvP that. I get it, there are far more people who do PvP on the server than those who do PvE, but I for one feel like the PvE part of the community gets neglected a bit too much (not in terms of the content of the game, nor do I feel we are neglected by GMs and such).

I'm probably using the right builds anyway, but I would like to know all of my options. I'm sure there are some builds that are viable for both PK and PvE, but I wouldn't know that unless the guide told me (which almost zero guides do). These are just my opinions, and you can hate on them all you want, but as a PvE player, I feel like there needs to be a change in the way people handle class build guides regarding who it's meant for. For example, if someone makes a guide for a class, and the content is geared toward PvP players, state that it is, because if not, a PvE player, like me, would go in, read a few posts about "I used this build and I've dropped such and such number of people and never been dropped before" and feel absolutely left out, because that build may not be viable for PvE.

Again, just my opinons, but the fact still stands PvE is a part of this game.

Offline Drive

• 🌙
If you ate talking about gears,dragon is just fine for start.If you are hard working pver youll probably get to that point where you get r8,ws belt,cube neck.Takr time to do TM runs and youll need to pvp a little in order to get endgame nw cape.Then you can farm amd do pve related things most efficiently.

Offline Elric

If you ate talking about gears,dragon is just fine for start.If you are hard working pver youll probably get to that point where you get r8,ws belt,cube neck.Takr time to do TM runs and youll need to pvp a little in order to get endgame nw cape.Then you can farm amd do pve related things most efficiently.

I'm talking about stats-wise.

Offline xd164

builds? i know for some classes there are hybrid builds, but for most in this game at least doesn't a build go for PVE and PVP (e.g sin is Dex, wiz is Mag). maybe i wrong. but seems to me u get all skills either way. it not like JD were u have to pick a certain skill and miss out if u do on another. Not sure i explained myself properly either, sorry if this confusing.

Offline Drive

• 🌙
I'm talking about stats-wise.
Uhm you mean like r8 stats?o.o

Offline Elric

Uhm you mean like r8 stats?o.o

No, like how many points do I put into Str, Vit, Dex, and Mag to be able to survive against bosses and such.

And again while builds between PvE and PvP may be similar, sometimes they might not be, and I wouldn't know that unless I was told in the guide for that class.
Last Edit: Mar 05, 2014, 09:55 pm by Elric

Offline Drive

• 🌙
builds? i know for some classes there are hybrid builds, but for most in this game at least doesn't a build go for PVE and PVP (e.g sin is Dex, wiz is Mag). maybe i wrong. but seems to me u get all skills either way. it not like JD were u have to pick a certain skill and miss out if u do on another. Not sure i explained myself properly either, sorry if this confusing.
Blademaster=strength and dexterity,can go vitality build
Wizard=full magic
Barbarian=strength or vitality build,tho str may appear stronger PVE wise
Venomancer=magic,can go vitality and even HA,LA hybrid builds.Pur mag strongest for PVE.
Archer=mostly dex,even tho you can build chaneling archer with mag rings and chan on r88.Aps is better for pve i guess.
Cleric=not really a farming class,most go hybrid HA support cleric ,ive seen full aa mag DD clerics tho.
Assasin=dex and str,can go aps and dph,as fastest for pve its demon aps assasin.
Psychic=full magic
Seeker=im not really fond off,i guess its good cuz of defense buffs and strong AOE.
Mystic=full mag,sage mystic are tankier,demons are about skill spamming.
Ok,i hope this helped if thats what you were looking for.I tried explaining as best as i could.(It is kinda late here my apologies if something is wrong,i didnt play listed classes as much as id like to).

Offline Elric

Blademaster=strength and dexterity,can go vitality build
Wizard=full magic
Barbarian=strength or vitality build,tho str may appear stronger PVE wise
Venomancer=magic,can go vitality and even HA,LA hybrid builds.Pur mag strongest for PVE.
Archer=mostly dex,even tho you can build chaneling archer with mag rings and chan on r88.Aps is better for pve i guess.
Cleric=not really a farming class,most go hybrid HA support cleric ,ive seen full aa mag DD clerics tho.
Assasin=dex and str,can go aps and dph,as fastest for pve its demon aps assasin.
Psychic=full magic
Seeker=im not really fond off,i guess its good cuz of defense buffs and strong AOE.
Mystic=full mag,sage mystic are tankier,demons are about skill spamming.
Ok,i hope this helped if thats what you were looking for.I tried explaining as best as i could.(It is kinda late here my apologies if something is wrong,i didnt play listed classes as much as id like to).

I'm not trying to be rude, but none of those say how many points to add to each attribute. That's what I mean by a class build guide. The guide should say how many points to add to the attributes for each different variant, whether that point allocation is good for PvE or PvP, etc., while all that that list did was tell me what the main attributes are and what the class does. I already know those, and I also know the simple builds for classes, but there are variants on the builds that make it better for certain things, and I've never seen anyone make a guide for a class that says that about PvE, only PvP.

Offline AOH

• Old Player
  • Characters: Aids
  • Faction: Ŧα†αlι†y
I'm not trying to be rude, but none of those say how many points to add to each attribute. That's what I mean by a class build guide. The guide should say how many points to add to the attributes for each different variant, whether that point allocation is good for PvE or PvP, etc., while all that that list did was tell me what the main attributes are and what the class does. I already know those, and I also know the simple builds for classes, but there are variants on the builds that make it better for certain things, and I've never seen anyone make a guide for a class that says that about PvE, only PvP.

magic class you add enough strength for weapon/armor rest of the points go into magic
dex class(archer/sin) add enough points into str for weapon/armor rest go into dex
the classes who depend on strength for damage just add enough dex for weapons armor the rest goes into str :shocked: :shocked: ??? ??? :'( :'( :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

the gear on the server adds more then enough HP for almost anything you would wanna do. if you stat vit into any of these class's you sacrifice damage which will most likely get you killed since lets say 100 vit in a sin will give like 1k-1.2k more HP (idr how much off hand) but that 100 dex would make 5% more crit and x amount more damage/acc . basically pure build best build on this game imo ;p

*"edit"the exception is vit barb they have strong arma for aoeing mobs and tank so much xD

Offline Johania

best PVE - PVP build is put enough dex str to wear the equipments and if you are a magic class the rest of the points into magic.  if you are barb, seeker or bm all rest of points into str.  if you are archer or sin all the rest of the points into dex.

Offline Elric

magic class you add enough strength for weapon/armor rest of the points go into magic
dex class(archer/sin) add enough points into str for weapon/armor rest go into dex
the classes who depend on strength for damage just add enough dex for weapons armor the rest goes into str :shocked: :shocked: ??? ??? :'( :'( :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

the gear on the server adds more then enough HP for almost anything you would wanna do. if you stat vit into any of these class's you sacrifice damage which will most likely get you killed since lets say 100 vit in a sin will give like 1k-1.2k more HP (idr how much off hand) but that 100 dex would make 5% more crit and x amount more damage/acc . basically pure build best build on this game imo ;p

That helps, I guess, I would never have known that from any of the people's guides I saw, because they never say anything about PvE. That's the point I'm trying to make. If you make a class guide, you should say, "For PvE, it's probably best to go for a pure build on this class," but instead all I see is, "This build will give you more HP for 1v1 fights," or "This build is meant more for Mass PK," and they say nothing about PvE whatsoever. If you're not going to put a PvE build in your guide, then you should also title it that it is purely for PvP. This doesn't affect me anymore, but new players that want to do PvE may come onto the forums looking for a class build, and they find a guide for their class, and it doesn't say that PvE players should go for pure builds, because the OP of the guide neglected to mention it.

Offline Drive

• 🌙
Well as i said what stats are available and needed for each class,just chose those stats.If i said vit barb is good for pve then all you have to do is put enough str or dex to wear armor and rest in vit.Next time be more specific so dont write so stuffs i thought you wanted to know so ypu can just say you already knew that.You peoples need to start thinking with that head of yours.

Offline AOH

• Old Player
  • Characters: Aids
  • Faction: Ŧα†αlι†y
That helps, I guess, I would never have known that from any of the people's guides I saw, because they never say anything about PvE. That's the point I'm trying to make. If you make a class guide, you should say, "For PvE, it's probably best to go for a pure build on this class," but instead all I see is, "This build will give you more HP for 1v1 fights," or "This build is meant more for Mass PK," and they say nothing about PvE whatsoever. If you're not going to put a PvE build in your guide, then you should also title it that it is purely for PvP. This doesn't affect me anymore, but new players that want to do PvE may come onto the forums looking for a class build, and they find a guide for their class, and it doesn't say that PvE players should go for pure builds, because the OP of the guide neglected to mention it.

you seem legit concerned about new pve minded players in the community. take the informatin you just gained and make a simple (or maybe more complex with basic genie guides and skils to learn first) guide about builds for pve :3. this information is usually considered just like already known which is why its not mentioned usually. :s

Offline Elric

Well as i said what stats are available and needed for each class,just chose those stats.If i said vit barb is good for pve then all you have to do is put enough str or dex to wear armor and rest in vit.Next time be more specific so dont write so stuffs i thought you wanted to know so ypu can just say you already knew that.You peoples need to start thinking with that head of yours.

The thing is though, I'm not saying this for me, I'm keeping new players in mind. They aren't going to know right off hand that a pure build is best for PvE, and so they'll find a guide, and it will be for PvP and completely disregard PvE, and they might feel alienated for going the PvE route. I'm just saying that future guides (and maybe existing ones) should say something about PvE unless it's specifically stated in the title that it is a PvP build guide.

you seem legit concerned about new pve minded players in the community. take the informatin you just gained and make a simple (or maybe more complex with basic genie guides and skils to learn first) guide about builds for pve :3. this information is usually considered just like already known which is why its not mentioned usually. :s

EDIT: Unless someone beats me to the punch, once I learn more about Genies and skills, I would be more than happy to make a PvE build guide.

Offline 🌙

• sux
  • not doing commissions pls do not ask
Roll assassin use min str req for gear max dex get stealth and movement skills bloodpaint 3spark put windshield, tangling mire and holy path on ur genie and ur good