Epic Perfect World

More PWI Math Problems (Twilight Temple)

Offline Danidv

• Old Player
How did you get 3/200?
1 >1
   >2
   >3
   >4

2 >1
   >2
   >3
   >4

Chance to get 1 or 2 is 3/100, so imagine u get 1, u now need a 2 (which is the same % as 1) so the first 100 are from the 1 to 4, and the second 100 are from the 1 to 4 within the first run (which was 1).

So basicly, the chance to get two 1>1, 1>2, 2>1 or 2>2 are all 3/200. (Not talking about together, together the chance is 3/200 x 4)
1 >1
   >2
   >3
   >4

2 >1
   >2
   >3
   >4

Chance to get 1 or 2 is 3/100, so imagine u get 1, u now need a 2 (which is the same % as 1) so the first 100 are from the 1 to 4, and the second 100 are from the 1 to 4 within the first run (which was 1).

So basicly, the chance to get two 1>1, 1>2, 2>1 or 2>2 are all 3/200. (Not talking about together, together the chance is 3/200 x 4)
Each run is independent from each other. What you got in your previous run does not affect what you will get this run.

Offline Danidv

• Old Player
Each run is independent from each other. What you got in your previous run does not affect what you will get this run.
No how i see it. I was calculating the chance to get both, not just one.
No how i see it. I was calculating the chance to get both, not just one.
Oh, I see the problem here. Let me clarify this. The probability given in the problem is the probability for each set of drops. For example, you have 3% chance to get 1 Ancient Devil's Soul  +  3 Ancient Devil's Horn + 6 Stone of Sacred Temple after you kill the boss. The 3% is the chance that the boss will drop those items in one time (total number of items is 1+3+6=10). The chance to get the 2nd set of drops is also 3%, but this set includes 1 Ancient Devil's Soul  +  3 Dust of Devil + 6 Stone of Sacred Temple (total number of items =10). Similarly, you have 85% to get the 4th set which consists of 6 Stone of Sacred Temple (total number of items =6). So, really there are only 4 possible set of drops, each with their corresponding probability as given in the problem.