Epic Perfect World

More PWI Math Problems (Twilight Temple)

Offline Danidv

• Old Player
pls tell us the answer :normal-12:
Hell no, i'm doing it now and i'm getting close >:|

Offline ᴰᴱᴬᴰ†

• FASHAN for LAIF
  • Characters: Oleander
Hell no, i'm doing it now and i'm getting close >:|

ok :normal-19:

Signature by Lonicera
✞ If my wings should fail me, Lord. Please meet me with another pair✞
(  ㅅ  )      α===B

Offline Plague

• -
  • blessed be the boys time can't capture

Offline Danidv

• Old Player
You can't do the boss 22.757 times... You have to round it up to the closest number above, so you're answer is 23.

Offline Danidv

• Old Player
I got 10.5% chance at getting one of each asap, which would be 3 runs, so to have 99.(infinite)9% chance (since it's nearly impossible, but with a good batch of bad luck it can be true) at all of mats i have that it'd be needed about 29 runs ._.

Offline Plague

• -
  • blessed be the boys time can't capture
You can't do the boss 22.757 times... You have to round it up to the closest number above, so you're answer is 23.

You can't hit a mob 6.888 times yet it was the answer to the other problem he posted.

Offline 엔젤ღ

• Sacred Radiance
  • k-pop'ers and yaoi fan ❤
  • Characters: AngeliqMyst
Yes!! The correct answer is one of the numbers in that range, [20,25]. I am sure you can somehow refine the range smaller and smaller and eventually to 1 number.  ^-^
i'm brain dead, got a few answer i'm not sure q.q(by few i mean in that range exactly), hope feone can tich me
AngeliqMyst - Sage Mystic

yaoi<3
Since a lot of you have been interested in knowing the correct answer (after attempting the problem), I have posted the correct answer on the starting thread. I know this would probably ruin the fun to some people who are still trying to solve it, but I guess it doesn't hurt to post the answer first. Feel free to post questions regarding this thread.  ^-^
I got 10.5% chance at getting one of each asap, which would be 3 runs, so to have 99.(infinite)9% chance (since it's nearly impossible, but with a good batch of bad luck it can be true) at all of mats i have that it'd be needed about 29 runs ._.
How did you get 10.5%? 29 runs is not the right answer, but still would like to know about your explanation about this.  ^-^
i'm brain dead, got a few answer i'm not sure q.q(by few i mean in that range exactly), hope feone can tich me
Lol. You would be okay. This problem may not be as direct what it seems as some other similar problems.
Yes, maybe Feone can help you out on this; she can also use her powerful computer to do the math (joking). I am kinda hoping that she will try solving this problem. But she might not have the free time for this...LOL
(I am assuming Feone is a 'she'; because I have seen a female ep with the same name in game before. Hopefully my memory serves me well.) ;)

Offline Danidv

• Old Player
How did you get 10.5%? 29 runs is not the right answer, but still would like to know about your explanation about this.  ^-^
Well, i tried so many different ways i'm might have confued some things with others, but how i did it was with a tree diagram (or however u call it, i learned about it in portuguese) for the minimum amount of runs possible for all the mats, which is 3. Out of three runs i saw which would give all the mats and then calculated what the % was for each (thi is where i suspect i screwed up). Since it'd have to be one run with the drops with the drops from the first option, another from the 2nd and another from the 3rd it'll always be 3/200 +9/100. 9/100 = 3x 3/100 so   3/200 +    6/200 + 6/200 +6/200 which gives 21/200 which is 10.5/100.

After this i didn't write it down but i think i did 10.5x2 which gave 28.something, and since i don't consider to be able to kill the boss 2.4613564763525441526526542652656323 times i rounded it up to the closest number above, which is 29.
Well, i tried so many different ways i'm might have confued some things with others, but how i did it was with a tree diagram (or however u call it, i learned about it in portuguese) for the minimum amount of runs possible for all the mats, which is 3. Out of three runs i saw which would give all the mats and then calculated what the % was for each (thi is where i suspect i screwed up). Since it'd have to be one run with the drops with the drops from the first option, another from the 2nd and another from the 3rd it'll always be 3/200 +9/100. 9/100 = 3x 3/100 so   3/200 +    6/200 + 6/200 +6/200 which gives 21/200 which is 10.5/100.

After this i didn't write it down but i think i did 10.5x2 which gave 28.something, and since i don't consider to be able to kill the boss 2.4613564763525441526526542652656323 times i rounded it up to the closest number above, which is 29.
Interesting...But have you ever thought that the minimum amount of runs needed to collect all the mats is actually 2? There are four types of mats dropped by the boss, let's label the mats with 1,2,3,4, and
option A gives 1+2+4
option B gives 1+3+4
option C gives 2+3+4
option D gives 4
Your goal is to collect all 1,2,3,4; so, the minimum number of runs needed to achieve that is 2; because you need to get either  option A+B, option A+C, or option B+C at minimum. Thus, you need to do at least 2 runs to collect all the mats, instead of 3 runs.
Last Edit: Mar 02, 2014, 10:11 pm by IDuKnow

Offline Danidv

• Old Player
Interesting...But have you ever thought that the minimum amount of runs needed to collect all the mats is actually 2? There are four types of mats dropped by the boss, let's label the mats with 1,2,3,4, and
option A gives 1+2+4
option B gives 1+3+4
option C gives 2+3+4
option D gives 4
Your goal is to collect all 1,2,3,4; so, the minimum number of runs needed to achieve that is 2; because you need to get either  option A+B, option A+C, or option B+C at minimum. Thus, you need to do at least 2 runs to collect all the mats, instead of 3 runs.
I actually labelled them with 1, 2, 3 and 4 when i did the tree thingie, i guess i missed this though.

if i did i would'ave done:
3/200 = 1.5/100 = 1.5%
1.5% to be close to be 99.(infinite)9% would have to be 100/1.5=(rounded up)67, which would mean i would'ave said it would'ave taken 67 runs to get one of each (guaranteed) ._.
I actually labelled them with 1, 2, 3 and 4 when i did the tree thingie, i guess i missed this though.

if i did i would'ave done:
3/200 = 1.5/100 = 1.5%
1.5% to be close to be 99.(infinite)9% would have to be 100/1.5=(rounded up)67, which would mean i would'ave said it would'ave taken 67 runs to get one of each (guaranteed) ._.
How did you get 3/200?