Epic Perfect World

How many of you can get this right? (Part 2)

Offline Steroids

• God of Noobs
  • Faction: Rawr
no xD someone answered 7, 6.8, 10  so i assumed they didnt read well...

I will try to solve it on logical way (since im so lazy to look trough books lol)
Might not be correct but
ok since crit hit is 2 dmg and has 50% chance to crit max number of crit hits required to kill mob is 5. Ofc minimum is 0 if lets say u dont crit at all.
So average will be 2.5
k bai
That's pretty logical.

Offline 엔젤ღ

• Sacred Radiance
  • k-pop'ers and yaoi fan ❤
  • Characters: AngeliqMyst

I will try to solve it on logical way (since im so lazy to look trough books lol)
Might not be correct but
ok since crit hit is 2 dmg and has 50% chance to crit max number of crit hits required to kill mob is 5. Ofc minimum is 0 if lets say u dont crit at all.
So average will be 2.5
k bai
ok ok I'm very sorry :c
AngeliqMyst - Sage Mystic

yaoi<3
ok this is gonna be random, 3.888
Aww, close but not right...But it would be great if you could provide your argument/explanation, as this thread is manly for discussion purposes.
As far as my luck goes, 0.
Well, in this question, you only have 0.0976563% chance to get 0 critical hits until you kill the monster.

Might not be correct but
So average will be 2.5
k bai
People answered 7,6.8,10,... because they answered the question in Part 1 (see the first thread). The correct answer for Part 1 is 6.8887.

For part 2, you are only partially right. The possible number of critical hits are 0,1,2,3,4,5. However, the probability for each of these number is not all equal i.e some of the numbers has greater chances than others. You are assuming all 0,1,2,3,4,5 have equal chances. That's why your finally answer is not correct. But you listed out all the possible number of critical hits correctly.  ^-^

That's pretty logical.
Logical doesn't always mean correct. Lol  ;)

Offline Feone

• Forum Veteran
This is the question for Part 2:

Assuming you deal 1 damage to a monster every time when u attack, your accuracy is always 100%, your critical rate is 50%, and you deal 2 damage when you deal a critical hit. If the monster has 10 hp, how many critical hits will occur on average until you kill the monster?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This is the question for Part 1:

Assuming you deal 1 damage to a monster every time when u attack, your accuracy is always 100%, your critical rate is 50%, and you deal 2 damage when you deal a critical hit. If the monster has 10 hp, how many hits do you need on average to kill the monster?

Answer: 6.8887 times

Also, someone has got it right (see reply #14).

If the expected average amount of hits is 6.888, with a 50% critrate, then the expected amount of crits would be 0.5*6.888 = 3.444

A slight alteration of the formula will find this one too. Rather than counting hits it'll count crits only.

Let E(m) be the expected amount of crits remaining to reach n starting at a sum of m

E(n) = 0
E(n-1) = 0.5
E(n-x) = (1/2)*(E(x-1)) + (1/2) * (1+E(x-2))

E(n-10) = 3.444

Offline Bre.

• lelo.
  • Characters: Strategist
Holy fck this is why I skip school classes..

[16:47:01] Bre: this creeps me out.
[16:47:32] Zilara: Lmfaoo

Offline Feone

• Forum Veteran
Holy fck this is why I skip school classes..

Recursive functions fall under calculus if I'm not mistaken, you're safe from these in school!

Offline Lena

• Forum Veteran
  • Characters: Wish
lol. So much smart ppl.

Offline ᴰᴱᴬᴰ†

• FASHAN for LAIF
  • Characters: Oleander
Too many replies for such boring thread sir

sorry.

Signature by Lonicera
✞ If my wings should fail me, Lord. Please meet me with another pair✞
(  ㅅ  )      α===B

Offline Shirai

• *insert some bullshyt here*
  • Characters: im nob all
  • Faction: nob guild
omg wtf is this math about PW how dare you bring math here

this cant be allowed :tiger-28: :tiger-28: :tiger-28: :tiger-28: :tiger-28:

This. ^
Pls GN remov pshy it are to strong im cant kill it
all time seal
they is always go wait vodo wen i spark and noob phys immunity
pls remov
pls

If the expected average amount of hits is 6.888, with a 50% critrate, then the expected amount of crits would be 0.5*6.888 = 3.444

A slight alteration of the formula will find this one too. Rather than counting hits it'll count crits only.

Let E(m) be the expected amount of crits remaining to reach n starting at a sum of m

E(n) = 0
E(n-1) = 0.5
E(n-x) = (1/2)*(E(x-1)) + (1/2) * (1+E(x-2))

E(n-10) = 3.444
Yes, you are right. A short cut way to do this is using 0.5*6.8887 which gives 3.4443.
There are actually a number of ways to solve this problem, either by hand or by computer.  :D
Too many replies for such boring thread sir

sorry.
Lol. I actually find it interesting, but I am the one who started the thread, so it makes sense.  ^-^

Offline Resolve

• Flurry of Dancing Flames
  • Characters: Resolve
  • Faction: Apollumi\Nohomo
lol. So much smart ppl.
yes much smart very intelligent

We're nothing like God. Not only do we have limited powers, but sometimes we're driven to become the devil himself.