Epic Perfect World

Why is the economy on this server so out of whack?

Offline Darunia ஜ

• ...Because it is.
  • Censorship is the bane of creativity.
  • Characters: An ungodly amount
  • Faction: Tragic
The main flaw in the original post is simple you are basing the price of items on the bare minimum that agatio set by putting items in the botique if players were gonna sell items from the botique for that cheap they would just change gold to 10 mil notes and be done with it.

Stay Classy.
Mikau - 150 Sage Archer (unofficially retired)
Darunia - 150 Demon Cleric (unoffical new main)
Catfish - 150 Sage Psy (main PK gal)
Phalanx - 150 Demon BM (because impulsive)

Offline Elric

The main flaw in the original post is simple you are basing the price of items on the bare minimum that agatio set by putting items in the botique if players were gonna sell items from the botique for that cheap they would just change gold to 10 mil notes and be done with it.

The item may not have been bought from the boutique, though. It may have dropped from a boss, and they don't need it so they sell it, and from what I've seen, the item I've used as an example, the Championship Scroll, is sold pretty much at boutique price. I'm very aware that people wouldn't just buy something from the boutique and sell it at the price they bought it at. Not to mention, the original problem stemmed from me not understanding why the items in the Event Forge cost way more than they did in the boutique or player shops. I was under the impression that Epic Coin was being overpriced, but in reality, it's just that the prices in the Event Forge are purposefully higher than the prices in the actual player-based economy. In other words, what I thought was a hole in the economy turned out to be a way to try to get players to trade with each other instead of relying completely on the Boutique and/or Event Forges.

Offline Alcohol

• If your STRONG let your Strength do the Talking
  • Characters: Alcohol
  • Faction: Xpendable
i think the price of gold adjusted by the end of 2013.. there wer lots of x2 events and boxes events that results to more EC productions.. so there is now LOTS of EC flowing.. and fewer gold.. and then comes the Event gold that makes selling gold a lot easier..*well you see, back on the day when the gold is still not tradable evryone is cautious of buying or selling gold.. so there is a low demand in gold.*  other saw this as an opportunity to stockpile their gold reserves there is now a high demand in gold, so those who got lot of EC from the x2 event and boxes buys and compete with price.. if someone buys Gold for 20ec/ea someone will buy it 25ec/ea because they have lots of EC to spare..and here comes the idiocy of those Seller who wants to earn more.. they saw buyers competing for gold then they go "ok.. S>Gold 30ec" .. only solution to lower GOLD price is not to entertain Sellers who sell higher than the average.. "Just my thoughts of whats happening with the Gold price"

Offline Elric

i think the price of gold adjusted by the end of 2013.. there wer lots of x2 events and boxes events that results to more EC productions.. so there is now LOTS of EC flowing.. and fewer gold.. and then comes the Event gold that makes selling gold a lot easier..*well you see, back on the day when the gold is still not tradable evryone is cautious of buying or selling gold.. so there is a low demand in gold.*  other saw this as an opportunity to stockpile their gold reserves there is now a high demand in gold, so those who got lot of EC from the x2 event and boxes buys and compete with price.. if someone buys Gold for 20ec/ea someone will buy it 25ec/ea because they have lots of EC to spare..and here comes the idiocy of those Seller who wants to earn more.. they saw buyers competing for gold then they go "ok.. S>Gold 30ec" .. only solution to lower GOLD price is not to entertain Sellers who sell higher than the average.. "Just my thoughts of whats happening with the Gold price"

That makes sense, but it's a shame that it is that way. There are times when I'll see someone with a shop, and see what they're selling, and it will be something that isn't that hard to pick up from a boss or something, but they'll be trying to sell it for an outrageous price. Just the other day I saw someone trying to sell the Water Might gear (the gear you get just for creating a character) for like 30 million coins each piece. All I could do was shake my head and move onto someone smarter. xP

Offline Alcohol

That makes sense, but it's a shame that it is that way. There are times when I'll see someone with a shop, and see what they're selling, and it will be something that isn't that hard to pick up from a boss or something, but they'll be trying to sell it for an outrageous price. Just the other day I saw someone trying to sell the Water Might gear (the gear you get just for creating a character) for like 30 million coins each piece. All I could do was shake my head and move onto someone smarter. xP

be a smart buyer.. evrything has a flaw.. specially in our server population.. there is a lot of competition.. be patient and u will surely find a lower price... if u r in rush and u find something that suits ur budget dnt try to haggle with the price take it u might lost it in the end...and ur just wasting ur time just for a 50ec or 100ec discount.. u can always farm what u need. :D

Offline Elric

be a smart buyer.. evrything has a flaw.. specially in our server population.. there is a lot of competition.. be patient and u will surely find a lower price... if u r in rush and u find something that suits ur budget dnt try to haggle with the price take it u might lost it in the end...and ur just wasting ur time just for a 50ec or 100ec discount.. u can always farm what u need. :D

Usually if I'm feeling froggy, and I just really need EC, but don't want to go through too much bs to get it, I'll just stealth through PV, kill the boss, pick up the coins, reset, repeat until I get enough. Sure, it gets repetitive, but I thrive on repetitive things. :P

Cheebee

ANNDD !. Ban Expend from Server.

how will that help? pinoys are the ones increasing the price on everything, u know the actual pver's

Dependant

1. R8 mats > EC is gone for like 5 months
2. There is much more donating and no new content, people are getting bored and the currency is loosing value.

Offline Cynix

• Who is Cynix?
  • Jealousy is just love and hate at the same time.
  • Faction: Salvation
Blame the government or in this case Agatio he won't let The Cynicare bill pass which would help out our economy.
Preach it.
I'm basically 40

Offline HolaAmigos:)

• Old Player
  • ARE YOU MAD CUZ YOU ARAB ? AND VIRGIN ?
  • Characters: Arabs=Bad
  • Faction: Arabs=Bad
blame pinoys chinos they incrases the price 50 % and personaly idc

Offline Alcohol

IK THE FIX !.
. Ban Expend from Server.

kthxbai!.

R u MAD?  kthxDIE! :D

Offline Plague

• -
  • blessed be the boys time can't capture
Economy is bound to crash without an ec sink. There is more and more ec on the market each day unlike WWI's and cogs which disappear upon crafting gear. What happens is prices begin to increase to the point where there is very little diference between their initial event forge price and market price (not to mention items that don't have price set can go up indefinitely - eg. cogs and WWI's).
What this server needs right now is something to reduce amount of epic coins on the market. Rank 8 material exchange used to be a pretty good way to do this but with an introduction of supply tokens it allowed straightforward supply token -> ec exchange which was not a good idea in admin's opinion. My personal suggestion would be ec -> sls exchange and the other way around at a fixed price, but then again it's up to the devs.

Offline Foxglove

• Forum Veteran
  • Tyrant God
  • Faction: Tyrants
2. There is much more donating and no new content, people are getting bored and the currency is loosing value.

Didn't play for 3 months-ish. Came back, not even new clothing fashion or weapon fashion.  :-[
Having more x2 events wouldn't improve this situation much, at least a x2-for-everything event won't. Everything in the server can be categorized into 2 groups: EC and Non-EC Items. EC is the server currency, and gold price is quoted in EC. Therefore, everything else other than EC can be exchanged using EC (with a few exceptions). In the past, all the x2 events were effective for everything in the server with a few exceptions which are trivial to list here. This is the biggest problem of those events; because they just doubled the supply of everything.  Also, the demand of everything is more likely to change given the x2 events; because everyone has more EC to spend. There are only 3 ways the demand can change: Increase, Stay constant, Decrease.

Consider the first scenario: Demand increase
This is most likely the case in the server; because during x2 events, everyone has more EC on their hands, so they are more likely to spend, causing the demand for goods to increase. So, x2 events make the supply of EC, goods, and the demand for goods to increase. For simplicity, assuming the supply of goods and the demand for goods is doubled, and the supply of EC is constant, the equilibrium price will be the same as what it was before the "stimulus package". So, there is not net effects on the equilibrium price. But if the supply of EC is also doubled, then in long-run, it will increase the overall equilibrium price due to inflation. And this actually explains the situation that the server is facing now. Unfortunately, it seems like in short-run, x2 events do nothing to bring down the prices, but keep the equilibrium prices constant. In long-run, it harms the economy in the server even more. Of course, this is just a theoretical explanation, but it does provide some insights to the solution.
(Since this is the most likely case, so there is no need to talk about the other 2 scenarios)

x2 event can actually be a solution to the problem, but only if it is executed correctly. The main problem of all the previous x2 events is the x2 effect on the supply of both EC and Non-EC items.

Offline Nea

• Game Master
  • https://imgur.com/a/vsZDCYv
The prices increased once pinoys(and others) started paying 70-90 ec for WWI/Cog..that increased price a lot.
Once ppl sell that for 7k-8k ec..they will always do it
A way to nerf it would be to put WWI and COG at npc for 60 ec each......no more ppl to pay a lot..no more ppl to ask a lot..no more high prices..ppl will buy WS Belts and puzzles if they are farmed(aka the ws runs and stuff..being 50 ec each of them..decreasing prices..) If the WS Belt price decreases..same will happen to puzzle...and to DS neck also.
About tomes for 2k ec...it's easy..just remove the mat for tome from boutique so no1 will say 'just those 10 tome fragments are 20 golds..lol!' So it will be again 1,2-1.5k...cause ppl won't have any way to abuse the boutique price that is mainly increased for donators that will to make gear but with the less effort of searching and trading...
idk if it's good or not..but in my head..adding for 60 ec each cog and each wwi would solve a lot.
That depends on what agatio thinks tho.