Epic Perfect World

Why is the economy on this server so out of whack?

Offline Elric

So, I noticed something today while buying a Championship Scroll for my Seeker.

1 10 Million Big Note = 30 silver
20 10 Million Big Notes (200 million gold pieces) = 6 gold
1 Championship Scroll = 6 gold
Therefore, 1 Championship Scroll = 200 million coins (which it does, I've seen people sell them for that much very often)

But, if you try to buy one with Epic Coins or buy the Event Gold to get one with:

1 Epic Coin = 1.5 - 2 million coins
1 Championship Scroll = 300 Epic Coins
Therefore, 1 Championship Scroll = 450 - 600 million coins?!

It shouldn't cost that much, according to the math done just before that.

Not to mention:

Event Gold = 70 - 100 million coins or 35 - 50 Epic Coins

But, again, by the math already done, if we can get a Championship Scroll for 200 million coins, then we should be able to get 6 Event Gold for 200 million coins (It takes absolutely no effort to turn gold into the tradable Event Gold, so there should be no service fee or anything there.)

So, why is everything so dang expensive?! And, it can't be for convenience's sake, because it's less convenient to buy it with Epic Coins/Event Gold than it is to buy it with regular coins. This doesn't just apply to Championship Scrolls either. Just about everything on this server's price is jacked up to 3 times what it normally should, all because of this weird exchange rate of Epic Coins and Event Gold. How did that happen, and why hasn't it been fixed?

Offline ORACLE

• PRAY FOR GAZA
  • STILL FARMING FOR PE
  • Characters: WHO CARE
  • Faction: PVE FOREVER
work hard donated more

Offline Steroids

• God of Noobs
  • Faction: Rawr
So, I noticed something today while buying a Championship Scroll for my Seeker.

1 10 Million Big Note = 30 silver
20 10 Million Big Notes (200 million gold pieces) = 6 gold
1 Championship Scroll = 6 gold
Therefore, 1 Championship Scroll = 200 million coins (which it does, I've seen people sell them for that much very often)

But, if you try to buy one with Epic Coins or buy the Event Gold to get one with:

1 Epic Coin = 1.5 - 2 million coins
1 Championship Scroll = 300 Epic Coins
Therefore, 1 Championship Scroll = 450 - 600 million coins?!

It shouldn't cost that much, according to the math done just before that.

Not to mention:

Event Gold = 70 - 100 million coins or 35 - 50 Epic Coins

But, again, by the math already done, if we can get a Championship Scroll for 200 million coins, then we should be able to get 6 Event Gold for 200 million coins (It takes absolutely no effort to turn gold into the tradable Event Gold, so there should be no service fee or anything there.)

So, why is everything so dang expensive?! And, it can't be for convenience's sake, because it's less convenient to buy it with Epic Coins/Event Gold than it is to buy it with regular coins. This doesn't just apply to Championship Scrolls either. Just about everything on this server's price is jacked up to 3 times what it normally should, all because of this weird exchange rate of Epic Coins and Event Gold. How did that happen, and why hasn't it been fixed?

It was pretty balanced before. Gold was 25 ec each. Also, in the Event Forge, 1 gold = 50 ec. This is because, if it was 25 ec, then no one would vote, they would just spend ec to buy from the forge instead of the boutique.

The old prices,
1 gold = 25 ec
1 ec = 3 million coins worked well, now it's all ruined.

Offline Feone

• Forum Veteran
You are basing your value of coin:gold off of big notes.

Many items have alternate sources other than the boutique, including coin, which means you cant directly convert them based on boutique value.

Offline ᴰᴱᴬᴰ†

• FASHAN for LAIF
  • Characters: Oleander

people are retarded... Everyone sells the gold for 30/35 ec now (sometimes 40) but they still want to buy boutique items with the old gold price (25 and less ec)

dckz

Signature by Lonicera
✞ If my wings should fail me, Lord. Please meet me with another pair✞
(  ㅅ  )      α===B

Offline Elric

You are basing your value of coin:gold off of big notes.

Many items have alternate sources other than the boutique, including coin, which means you cant directly convert them based on boutique value.

Right, but that's like comparing apples to oranges or something. Sure there are things you can only get a certain way, but that certain way shouldn't affect buying completely unrelated things, yet it does. I believe the source of the problem is the Epic Coin exchange rate.

Offline Feone

• Forum Veteran
Nothing about the boutique etc determines prices unless they end up the cheapest.

Prices on the server are entirely based on supply and demand, with boutique being just one factor in supply. Prices settle at numbers because that's what people are willing to sell for. Too many sellers -> price goes down. Too many buyers -> price goes up.
Prices in the boutique and forges are just arbitrary numbers the devs made up to sell stuff at infinite supply. While they do cap the value at a certain minimum or maximum they don't determine the value within the economy as there might be other, easier, sources.

Offline Pookie

• Characters: ImmaKiLLYou
  • Faction: Factionless
Right, but that's like comparing apples to oranges or something. Sure there are things you can only get a certain way, but that certain way shouldn't affect buying completely unrelated things, yet it does. I believe the source of the problem is the Epic Coin exchange rate.

IK THE FIX !.
Remove option to make Gold coins ( the ones u must right click to get 1 Gold ).
ANNDD !. Ban Expend from Server.

kthxbai!.

Offline DevilKat

Bad luck i sell 14 all for 50ec a few days.
And like ppl say this is a common drop. I give for free if any1 ask.
But you correct economy is dead

Offline Feone

• Forum Veteran
Every time the gold or EC price fluctuates a bit we get these forum topics panicing about economy being dead or dieing.

Every single time.

Eh I mean, amg economy dieing.

Offline Ruvik

• Just alot of inquisitive idiots
  • Characters: Ruvik
  • Faction: less
are you maddie baddie saddie fattie
Yes. This is pretty much how the economy in this server works.
Depending on who you are, it can be an advantage; because arbitrage opportunities exist.
Yes, it sounds wrong, but it is what happening in this server.

Offline Resolve

• Flurry of Dancing Flames
  • Characters: Resolve
  • Faction: Apollumi\Nohomo
Blame the government or in this case Agatio he won't let The Cynicare bill pass which would help out our economy.

We're nothing like God. Not only do we have limited powers, but sometimes we're driven to become the devil himself.

Offline Elric

We need a stimulus package apparently xD

Offline Agatio

• Game Veteran
We need a stimulus package apparently xD
you just had one (2x drop)