Epic Perfect World

The N-word & Allah in WC

scatterer3

Lately I started to get really tired of world chat, and to be honest, I don't want to be in a place where words such as Nigga, Allah, Jesus, and other words are being misused, abused and given a dirty name.

Especially what concerns me is the word "Allah", the name of the God which many Muslim people in the world respect and believe. If someone says 'Nigga' I'll see immediately a reaction from a GM but not if the word "Allah" is on world chat. If you are not black, you should not call a black person "Nigga", "Nigger" nor "Negro". Black people are not obligated to explain why others shouldn't use the word. Where does the word actually come from? "Nigga" can also be related to "Naga" which is the Sanskrit word for a deity that takes the form of a serpent. The words "Niger", "Negro" and "Negra" mean Black in Latin. I remember eating some kind of candies named 'Negro' as a kid and I started to name everything black 'Negro', without any bad intentions. White people are immediately criticized when they get caught using the word "Nigga", and they end up named "racist". I know, from the past experience the word "Nigga" has become a real offense to black people. The word "Nigga" is not really evil to be honest, but it started to be misused. That's why I created this post. Making fun/misuse the name Allah, is an offense greater than "Nigga" for a Muslim (even for black Muslims). "Allah" is an Arabic word which stands for God, and Muslims call their God that way. If you joke about "Allah" you are directly joking about a Muslims believes, their sacrifice and struggle, etc. You are not joking about any random God out there, but with Muslims directly, you actually specify which God you're referring to by saying "Allah". Doesn't it sound like discrimination (discrimination: unfair treatment of one person or group, usually because of prejudice about race, ethnicity, age, religion, or gender.)?

Again, all I want is more attention when someone does dirty jokes about "Allah", it's not a name to joke about by non-Muslims nor Muslims. Keep in mind, it's an offense. In Qur'an, the holy book of Muslims, Allah (God) barely spoke about himself, which will be a present for all Muslims to meet Allah in Heaven and know him better personally, that's what they believe, that's what the Qur'an says, now people joke about this fact, because Muslims do not know about the gender, size, form, color or anything related to Gods look. People started to write things on WC with "Allah" and afterwards show the number of how many PM's he/she got, satisfied because few Muslims are mad now. It started to be a daily routine now. I know you can't fully stop it, but please at least take this into consideration. I am not against sentences like "with the help of Allah we will pwn you", but the real offenses out there, you will notice as soon as you read it.
Last Edit: Jan 29, 2014, 02:39 am by Professional

Offline Night⋆

• Retired Staff Member
  • Agatio was too ♥ +Cedes
  • Characters: *Retired*
  • Faction: N/A
I know I for one have punished players that bring religion (jokingly or not) into world chat. Its not something that we take lightly. Same goes for the racist comments that get used out of context.
RETIRED
I guess everyone was on my profile :$ 

Offline Feone

• Forum Veteran
Permaban 10-15 or so people and the majority of this worldchat crap goes away.

Somewhere in the rules there should be a note saying that when you get muted for the 9001th time you get permabanned.

---

As for your specific case, I lost all respect for your request when you mentioned that what you found insulting is of greater importance than what is insulting to others.

Just a bit of personal advice, you're on the internet here. Insults are, in general, not punished.  Not to mention going after those who insult is far more difficult than simply ignoring them. No one is forcing you to talk to them, the easy thing is to disregard everything they say.

scatterer3

Somewhere in the rules there should be a note saying that when you get muted for the 9001th time you get permabanned.

---

As for your specific case, I lost all respect for your request when you mentioned that what you found insulting is of greater importance than what is insulting to others.

Just a bit of personal advice, you're on the internet here. Insults are, in general, not punished.  Not to mention going after those who insult is far more difficult than simply ignoring them. No one is forcing you to talk to them, the easy thing is to disregard everything they say.

I am talking about Muslims, not me personally. I tried to make it clear that such words ARE an offense for Muslims just like the N-word for Black people. Even if the first case has to do with religion and the second with race. I personally ignore people unless they insult me directly or my faction. I felt like writing this and inform people, because few members write such stuff without a real purpose to offend others, just for fun which creates drama afterwards.
Last Edit: Jan 29, 2014, 02:31 am by Professional

Offline Feone

• Forum Veteran
I am talking about Muslims, not me personally. I tried to make it clear that such words ARE an offense for Muslims just like the N-word for Black people. Even if the first case has to do with religion and the second with race. I personally ignore people unless they insult me directly or my faction. I felt like writing this and inform people, because few members write such stuff without a real purpose to offend others, just for fun which creates drama afterwards.

Ah. That makes more sense then. Also it's beyond me why those you mentioned, insulting just for the sake of insulting, are still allowed in worldchat.

Offline Darunia ஜ

• ...Because it is.
  • Censorship is the bane of creativity.
  • Characters: An ungodly amount
  • Faction: Tragic
I shudder when I see the N word thrown around from both blacks and otherwise alike.  Makes no damn sense how so many people fought to get that word to not be used in any context that would consider it racist and it's still being used constantly.

I've learned to ignore it on WC, but it doesn't mean that it doesn't bug me to no end.

As for the religious references: games and religion should never meet.  That is all.

Stay Classy.
Mikau - 150 Sage Archer (unofficially retired)
Darunia - 150 Demon Cleric (unoffical new main)
Catfish - 150 Sage Psy (main PK gal)
Phalanx - 150 Demon BM (because impulsive)

vlntbty

Definitely agree.

Just remember those kids using those words says more about them than others. lol I just play with WC off anyway. The amount of stupidity on WC is astounding hence why my blacklist is always full. (Seriously, make a blacklist extension stone, please!)

---

Offline Milan

• Forum Veteran
  • Faction: Tyrants
I remember eating some kind of candies named 'Negro' as a kid and I started to name everything black 'Negro', without any bad intentions.

This one

they OP still :3

Offline Melody⋆

• Retired Staff Member
  • ♥ Ruin was here (and so was Toots). TangleNub(ew)
  • Characters: Melody|Harmony
  • Faction: EPW_Team
With a black father and a muslim boyfriend, I can assure you that I don't treat these issues lightly. It sickens me that people think they can say what they like on the internet. There is a difference between freedom of speech and being a downright inhuman ass.
I encourage people to report others if you see serious cases. It's not tolerated and sometimes we miss things. People forget this is a game and is meant to be fun.

♥ Love and will miss you guys ♥
Resigned to start playing real life c:

Offline Hell

• Characters: Kamisama / Akumaa
just don't take that stuff to heart man
In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.

Offline ᴰᴱᴬᴰ†

• FASHAN for LAIF
  • Characters: Oleander
u know what's the only thing that can save us?

Blacklist extension stone

Signature by Lonicera
✞ If my wings should fail me, Lord. Please meet me with another pair✞
(  ㅅ  )      α===B

Offline Kewee

• Old Player
  • It is more fun to talk with someone who doesn't use long, difficult words but rather short, easy words like "What about lunch?”
  • Faction: GoodGame
u know what's the only thing that can save us?

Blacklist extension stone

Offline Bre.

• lelo.
  • Characters: Strategist
This one

they OP still :3
Ahahahaha. Yes, we still eat these in Serbia. x:

[16:47:01] Bre: this creeps me out.
[16:47:32] Zilara: Lmfaoo

scatterer3

This one
th

Yeah, this  :normal-2:. They are really OP dude.