Epic Perfect World

Startup problems

Offline 𝓕 𝓪 𝔂 𝓮

• Yikes.
  • 𝓟𝓸𝓽 𝓹𝓻𝓲𝓷𝓬𝓮𝓼𝓼
I have two problems, since I was trying to get two different friends on EPW the other night.

The other day, I got my one friend to make a EPW and download the game. When she tried to start it from the files, like you should, the little starter box would come up that checks for updates (the small box that has two bars), would try to finish, and would say something along the lines of "Cannot connect" then it would close. How can we fix this?

Friend Number 2's problem. When you first launch EPW, it's in fullscreen and is WAY too big for her laptop screen. Mine was the same way, but I cannot remember how I fixed mine. What is the best way to fix this so she can get into the game to get to the settings, at least?

Thank you~
Last Edit: June 20, 2012, 01:17 am by lvren

Offline Asator

• Retired Staff Member
  • Raised by the sword
  • Master of war
1. Make sure she used the "launcher" and Laucher.exe to start the game, you can also tell her to click "verify" on the launcher tab to make sure files aren't corrupted or maybe it was a connection error.

2. "Graphics" tab on launcher screen will allow her to change it.

Let me know if you need any further help. (:
Please, read the general forum & game rules here.
If you have any problem, feel free to PM me.

-Retired-

Offline 𝓕 𝓪 𝔂 𝓮

• Yikes.
  • 𝓟𝓸𝓽 𝓹𝓻𝓲𝓷𝓬𝓮𝓼𝓼
1. Make sure she used the "launcher" and Laucher.exe to start the game, you can also tell her to click "verify" on the launcher tab to make sure files aren't corrupted or maybe it was a connection error.

2. "Graphics" tab on launcher screen will allow her to change it.

Let me know if you need any further help. (:

They both launched it from Launcher.exe. Friend 1 still had the problem.

2. Ah, I forgot about that.. I'll try to help her with that right now. Thanks! :3

Offline Asator

• Retired Staff Member
  • Raised by the sword
  • Master of war
Hmm, tell her to click on the "verify" button then and see if there's files missing/corrupted, and to try launching it again. Also, she could try launching from the "element" folder.

No problem, hope they can play. (:

-Retired-

Offline 𝓕 𝓪 𝔂 𝓮

• Yikes.
  • 𝓟𝓸𝓽 𝓹𝓻𝓲𝓷𝓬𝓮𝓼𝓼
Hmm, tell her to click on the "verify" button then and see if there's files missing/corrupted, and to try launching it again. Also, she could try launching from the "element" folder.

No problem, hope they can play. (:

She doesn't get to the launcher. She gets to http://i46.tinypic.com/2rnynsx.png (but it  doesn't say "Update complete, this is from my game, lol. It says something along the lines of "Cannot connect" and closes. )

Offline Asator

• Retired Staff Member
  • Raised by the sword
  • Master of war
Hmm, that's strange. Probably something went wrong on installation. Be sure to follow everything step-by-step. I can only suggest to re-start the computer or install again.

-Retired-

Offline 𝓕 𝓪 𝔂 𝓮

• Yikes.
  • 𝓟𝓸𝓽 𝓹𝓻𝓲𝓷𝓬𝓮𝓼𝓼
Hmm, that's strange. Probably something went wrong on installation. Be sure to follow everything step-by-step. I can only suggest to re-start the computer or install again.

My friend reinstalled and it seems to be working now. Thanks for your help! :3

Offline Asator

• Retired Staff Member
  • Raised by the sword
  • Master of war
No problem, hope they like and enjoy the server! :D

-Retired-

Offline Vspec

• Beginner
Hi I'm new here and i just downloaded 8 parts of the game. It shows me EPW-Genesis.zip.001-008.
So what shall i do after this? Can please advise me? Of cos i unzipped all of them but doesn't seems to be of any us. Help plz thx a million.

Offline Asator

• Retired Staff Member
  • Raised by the sword
  • Master of war
If I remember correctly (been several months since I installed it), just run the first one (001) and it should merge all the files together.

-Retired-

Offline kickball12

Can anyone please help me!!?? i have the game downloaded and i did all patches, but when i go to start the game a white box pops up with a red X in it and the error is written in a foreign language please help, im so frustrated  :'( :'( :'( :'(

Offline ☠EvilTouch☠

• Retired Staff Member
  • Suns Wars Addict
  • DreamyTouch | we miss you papi♡
  • Characters: EvilTouch
  • Faction: Flower_Team
u did all patches????????????????
full client doesnt need any patches, start the launcher.exe and its done.
if u got teamview send me id and pass on pm here.

Offline kickball12

yea i dl the game then dl all the patches D:

Offline Excilius

• The Pink Barb
  • Faction: Zodiac
Made all updates

Game version:21

But when i try to log in the game: It pops a message with
"game version to low, plz exist the menu and upload"

All credits of the Siggy go to Lucy

Offline XxHYFUxX

mine say client  Version to low but i'm at 21