Epic Perfect World

Heavy Armour Veno Questions

I've made a HA veno, she's still 110.  I've put enough str and dex to be able to wear the HA, but there's not enough MAG for her weapon :/  I do have a few questions though, because this is the first time I've experienced playing as veno in HA

1) Should I restat to AA for now, then wait til I'm 120 (so I can wear HA gear, and level 110 weapon)?
2) Because of the custom sets on this server, is their any particular stat build/gear progression that is good for a HA veno?
3) And finally, what stones do you guys use in your weapons and armour?

Thanks for any help, it's appreciated :)

Thank you to Syringe for my avatar <3

Offline Vixen ♡

• playing since 06/11/2012
  • do you speak husky?
I have ever played HA veno honestly i tried LA so i can still use some human form skills. HA is almost mostly fox form from what i have heard. LA can make it so u can defend yourself against both magic and meele classes better. thats just my opnion. here is a site i found that may answer some questions. hope it helps. http://infinitum.forumotion.com/t135-sleepcat-s-venomancer-guide
♥You can't throw me to the wolves they come when I call.. because I'm their mother♥
♥A fox is a WOLF who sends flowers♥
♥Trying to understand the behavior of some people is like trying to smell the color.... 9 :P
♥people with narrow minds have broad tongues♥
♥if the heart knows only love. Hate and Fear run and hide♥
♥The poor long for riches, the rich long for heaven, but the wise desire tranquility♥
artwork done by me ^^

Offline Enraged

You should stay AA as veno until 150, that way you'll have more stat points to work with.
Also, you should put a strength/dex god stones into your weapon to allow you to first stat the proper int you actually wear the weapon.

Getting heavy armor on as a veno requires order of equipping.
Weapon > Accessories > Cape > Armor
Hi.

fryslanboppe81

had a thought about sage HA veno with axes cuz my brothet would like to try that and il back his pet up with my mystic cuz with that low magic u need a fast kill or support healing for pet ^^ if il learn something good or bad il post it :)

Offline mrrolly

If you equip axes (or anything non-magical weapon wise), the healing effect doesn't work on the veno

Offline Delirium

I haven't read what others have wrote so I'm sorry in advance if I repeate everything.

Anyways, I would highly suggest you wait untill 150 to stat to HA as leveling will be harder/longer otherwise.

For a HA build I suggest using two parts HA, two parts AA as you still get -12% CT from the top and wrist (Though as a veno you can get away with HA Top and Magic Neck), also this will save you having to use magic adorns as the Pdef adorn gives you +20 Str which will make the build easier to get. Also do not forget the helm gives +Str but requires less str to wear than the armour, so utilise it. Rings give + Mag ect.

You will most definatly need a +35 dex/magic/str tome for the build also, if not a +50 tome but if I remember you can just get away with the +35 and still be able to wear a 150 wep.

HA is down to playstyle really and thats something you develop yourself, though I would suggest having a magic and pdef neck to change between depending on the situation.

Armour stones is most definatly Vit, venos out of the casters get the most gain out of Vits.
Now personally on a veno I use either crit/+Mag stones, now /inb4castizbetter I'll explain my reasoning behined it.

Venos skills are very fast cast already, not to mention the high base chan you get already so you're not going to see that much diference in casting except for Nova and as you're a HA build you'll need more crits (Which you get higher crit % from being HA) to take down your oponent, so either more magic attack or crit will be better, imho.

I will ask though, what culti are you taking and why? If you're wanting to be more support I do suggest Sage and go -CT stones, however if you're wanting to be a bulky DD I'd suggest demon and crit/mag stones.

Hope it somewhat helped, been ages since I've been a HA veno so somewhat rusty. xD

^Made by me! :P
NOT ALL CLASSES MADE FOR PVP SOME WERE MADE FOR PVE
Mhm. x'D

fryslanboppe81

yah a good tome is 1 of the key element in hybrids um but there are better tomes then + 50 str or dex, maybe 35 dex 35 str
or 15 str 15 dex 15 vit 15 mag, il check 1K :)
Thank you very much everyone for the helpful and in-depth replies, tis much appreciated  :-*

As to my play style, though I've never done pvp, I've always played an all-round support role on veno, and find I'd be in fox-form a lot.  I was pure mag, but find I'd be switching to forms to round up mobs/distract monster from nomming on a cleric/quick get away whilst taking less hits :D  I just love the versatility of being a mage, and in furry form, you can tank stuff (up to a point lol).

For me, it's like two classes in one, and not using fox-form skills (or only a few) feels like I'm playing half a class!  So it'll be Sage and -CT stones for me, as I'm a pve carebear  :P

Thank you to Syringe for my avatar <3

Offline Delirium

Thank you very much everyone for the helpful and in-depth replies, tis much appreciated  :-*

As to my play style, though I've never done pvp, I've always played an all-round support role on veno, and find I'd be in fox-form a lot.  I was pure mag, but find I'd be switching to forms to round up mobs/distract monster from nomming on a cleric/quick get away whilst taking less hits :D  I just love the versatility of being a mage, and in furry form, you can tank stuff (up to a point lol).

For me, it's like two classes in one, and not using fox-form skills (or only a few) feels like I'm playing half a class!  So it'll be Sage and -CT stones for me, as I'm a pve carebear  :P

Yeah sounds like sage would suit you best if you're running around in fox form, better amp (AoE Ftw!), better chi, better debuffs all around really.

Have fun. :D

^Made by me! :P
NOT ALL CLASSES MADE FOR PVP SOME WERE MADE FOR PVE
Mhm. x'D