Epic Perfect World

Comprehensive class guide for balance

Offline KichikuouRance

• http://alicesoft.wikia.com/wiki/Rance
wtf is this nonsense lol, the classes are balanced fine on this server, making the soulsphere un-refinable was a really nice touch.

the problem everyone has is that they need to learn how to PvP and use the tools they have available to them properly. sure, some classes are easier to kill people with than others, that's a given...but think of it like one of those games where each class has their own rating difficulty (how hard it is to play it properly), some classes are easier to PvP with (psy and sin as the token examples), some are harder to PvP with (seeker,cleric,archer).

honestly though, the people who are PvP adepts or pros realise how pointless a discussion like this is, petty stuff like, for example, the psy silence,voodoos,stuns can be easily bypassed, each class has their own strength and weaknesses...it's all about knowing HOW to play the class YOU ARE USING and knowing the WEAKNESSES OF WHO YOU ARE FIGHTING. on a side note, PvP on pwi is so damn similar to a game of chess xD

btw, whoever thinks seekers are underpowered in PvP are horribly mistaken...it's not the class that needs a boost, it's the abillity of the player that does

*build your genies properly, use apothecary pots(WITH PROPER TIMING) in PvP, experiment with different strategies..all of these things will make you better
**yes i am far too lazy to explain my points properly, and chances are i made a shit ton of grammar mistakes (watching tv, talking on skype, i am very lazy)

I'm always erect.

GAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Offline ABBADON

• Hi '-'
  • Characters: ???!?!
  • Faction: Xpendable, Artifex
everything you just said just proves why seekers are balanced and not op...

they're tankier and hit harder than BMs yet BMs have more CC skills... seems fair

they're not as tanky as barbs yet hit harder than barbs and have more CC skills... again seems fair

the problem is people want to have the best of both worlds (in this case the best of 3 worlds)
you want to have the highest dmg, be the tankiest AND have the CC skills to keep people in place...
no im sorry but thats a nono.

remember pwi came out with rolls for certain classes.
BMs are meant to stun and debuff players
Barbs are meant to tank
Seekers are meant to be tanky DDs while not being pure DDs (and they serve that roll perfectly)
yes QPQ has a long CD but can you imagine if it didn't?
people like to spam their skills instead of waiting for the right moment to strike but if they timed QPQ at the right moment they can literally beat any class..... that sounds pretty balanced to me
Huh. Okay seekers have better tankability than BMs and our damage is higher than theirs but that's because bms here use claws/fists while we use swords..so when all is said and done they would out damage seekers. What I meant by when I said that seekers have higher damage is if you were to open the character sections of an endgame seeker and bm ( using claws ) the damage is above.

Since when do seekers hit harder than barbs..? '-' Never knew Sword>Poleaxe but es ok

I'm pretty sure seekers don't need the best of three worlds. But with the limited skills and aps we DO have it would be fair to have better damage or SOMETHING to balance it out. Because I'm pretty sure APS for seekers won't be raised as getting higher aps is something difficult for a dev to decide to do.

IMFLUFFY- r8 demon barb
NOISIA- r8 sage psy
ABBADON- r8 demon bm
ASMODEUS- r8 sage seeker
Ascension- r8 sage sin
Krewella- r8 sage archer
ARKASIA- r8 demon veno
Realisation-r8 sage cleric
BreakNoise-r8 demon mystic

Huh. Okay seekers have better tankability than BMs and our damage is higher than theirs but that's because bms here use claws/fists while we use swords..so when all is said and done they would out damage seekers. What I meant by when I said that seekers have higher damage is if you were to open the character sections of an endgame seeker and bm ( using claws ) the damage is above.

Since when do seekers hit harder than barbs..? '-' Never knew Sword>Poleaxe but es ok

I'm pretty sure seekers don't need the best of three worlds. But with the limited skills and aps we DO have it would be fair to have better damage or SOMETHING to balance it out. Because I'm pretty sure APS for seekers won't be raised as getting higher aps is something difficult for a dev to decide to do.

sorry i meant you hit faster than barbs not harder and seekers weren't made for aps where as BMs were.... now (don't take this the wrong way) but i have never seen you ever in pk so why are you going on about how seekers need such and such when you don't put in the time to try to get better at pk?

Offline ABBADON

• Hi '-'
wtf is this nonsense lol, the classes are balanced fine on this server, making the soulsphere un-refinable was a really nice touch.

the problem everyone has is that they need to learn how to PvP and use the tools they have available to them properly. sure, some classes are easier to kill people with than others, that's a given...but think of it like one of those games where each class has their own rating difficulty (how hard it is to play it properly), some classes are easier to PvP with (psy and sin as the token examples), some are harder to PvP with (seeker,cleric,archer).

honestly though, the people who are PvP adepts or pros realise how pointless a discussion like this is, petty stuff like, for example, the psy silence,voodoos,stuns can be easily bypassed, each class has their own strength and weaknesses...it's all about knowing HOW to play the class YOU ARE USING and knowing the WEAKNESSES OF WHO YOU ARE FIGHTING. on a side note, PvP on pwi is so damn similar to a game of chess xD

btw, whoever thinks seekers are underpowered in PvP are horribly mistaken...it's not the class that needs a boost, it's the abillity of the player that does

*build your genies properly, use apothecary pots(WITH PROPER TIMING) in PvP, experiment with different strategies..all of these things will make you better
**yes i am far too lazy to explain my points properly, and chances are i made a shit ton of grammar mistakes (watching tv, talking on skype, i am very lazy)
Sir, make a seeker, get it nirvana, and spend a day pking okay? '-' There is only so much the player of his or her class can do, it's not in their power if other classes and factors restrict his class. I've been playing PW for a while, and I've played every class. Doesn't mean I'm good with some of them, but I know 'weaknesses'.

Oh and please tell me how you can easily bypass a psy's voodoo and silence without being a sin with will surge?

IMFLUFFY- r8 demon barb
NOISIA- r8 sage psy
ABBADON- r8 demon bm
ASMODEUS- r8 sage seeker
Ascension- r8 sage sin
Krewella- r8 sage archer
ARKASIA- r8 demon veno

Sir, make a seeker, get it nirvana, and spend a day pking okay? '-' There is only so much the player of his or her class can do, it's not in their power if other classes and factors restrict his class. I've been playing PW for a while, and I've played every class. Doesn't mean I'm good with some of them, but I know 'weaknesses'.

Oh and please tell me how you can easily bypass a psy's voodoo and silence without being a sin with will surge?

you won't learn how to play a class in one day.... there are people that spend every day doing nothing BUT pking the whole day yet you expect to walk out there randomly one day and be good? sorry but it doesn't work that way : \

Offline ABBADON

• Hi '-'
sorry i meant you hit faster than barbs not harder and seekers weren't made for aps where as BMs were.... now (don't take this the wrong way) but i have never seen you ever in pk so why are you going on about how seekers need such and such when you don't put in the time to try to get better at pk?
I'm always pking when I get the chance to, it's the sole purpose I actually play this game, But I havent seen you either so..'-'

Im in this topic like how I am because I feel I understand the class , and there is only so much you can do to adapt to how a server is customized and pk is.

IMFLUFFY- r8 demon barb
NOISIA- r8 sage psy
ABBADON- r8 demon bm
ASMODEUS- r8 sage seeker
Ascension- r8 sage sin
Krewella- r8 sage archer
ARKASIA- r8 demon veno

Offline ABBADON

• Hi '-'
you won't learn how to play a class in one day.... there are people that spend every day doing nothing BUT pking the whole day yet you expect to walk out there randomly one day and be good? sorry but it doesn't work that way : \
.-. Sorry I didn't literally mean it as in one day, rather spend time with the class and how they are able to act in pk along with your own skill before making comments such as he did '-'

IMFLUFFY- r8 demon barb
NOISIA- r8 sage psy
ABBADON- r8 demon bm
ASMODEUS- r8 sage seeker
Ascension- r8 sage sin
Krewella- r8 sage archer
ARKASIA- r8 demon veno

I'm always pking when I get the chance to, it's the sole purpose I actually play this game, But I havent seen you either so..'-'

Im in this topic like how I am because I feel I understand the class , and there is only so much you can do to adapt to how a server is customized and pk is.

sorry but the sole reason i normally log on is to PK and I have hours upon hours upon more hours of doing nothing but pking and not only that but with multiple classes, that way i get an unbiased (well a more unbiased) opinion on which classes are balanced, underpowered, or overpowered

Offline ABBADON

• Hi '-'

IMFLUFFY- r8 demon barb
NOISIA- r8 sage psy
ABBADON- r8 demon bm
ASMODEUS- r8 sage seeker
Ascension- r8 sage sin
Krewella- r8 sage archer
ARKASIA- r8 demon veno

Offline Zaibeast'

• Old Player
  • *lalalala* Sins are OP *lalalala*

lawl, you talking to the wrong person. That would be Rance who is hands down the best seeker on this server. He knows his class perfect and literally face-roll most players.

How to bypass a psychics' silence? It's quite easy if you knew the class.
Zaibeast - 150 Demon Barbarian
Dynasti - 150 Demon Archer
Peekabooo - 150 Demon Assassin
Peekabam - 150 Sage Psychic

Offline KichikuouRance

• http://alicesoft.wikia.com/wiki/Rance

i made a seeker, got it nirvana, spent pking for a day and killed 90% of the people i 1v1ed (most of them were dragon geared) ;)

I'm always erect.

GAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Offline Zaibeast'

• Old Player

You do realize that a seeker can hit 4 aps in triple spark? They can have a base aps speed of 2.86. THAT is more than enough for a seeker. A good seeker should be able to beat a sin. Seekers are ALOT more tankier than BMs. Even more so since seekers DO NOT need to remember to continually spam a marrow or demon bell like a BM would have to. It's a single buff that literally drops all damage received by 30% whether it was physical or magic.

Maybe the reason you don't know all of this is because you don't pk. If you don't pk or actually try, then you can't know whether a class needs a buff or not. I've seen extremely good seekers and I've seem extremely bad ones.

I do agree with Rance somewhat. Some classes do need to be buffed up but not by alot. Most players who QQ about certain classes being too underpowered are the very same ones that hardly pk or know their own class.

Barbs: The survivability is fine, just drop the damage by a bit (Agatio is already going to fix this)

Archers: They will forever be one of the worst classes to 1v1 on in comparison to other classes. However, they perform exceptionally well during TWs and mass group pks. They do need a bit more survivability. (Agatio said he was going to fix this)

Psychics: Squishy as fawk but has a ton of defenses. However, I hardly see a problem with psys during 1v1s. However, when a say is going pure tank (white voodoo with empowered vigor), it is close to impossible to take out that psychic without a group effort. Taking down a psychic is all about waiting for them to waste everything (expel, psychics will) and then you go all out (of course this implies that you're a physical class). I hardly ever have trouble with psychics on my sin or barb in 1v1s. However, in group pks, psychics out-perform basically every single class. Two psychics working together in group pk can literally wreck an entire squad due to their many aoe skills which are spammable.

Wizards: they'll be fine once descent comes around.

Sins: ehh, I already posted soo much about this class. The sins that QQ are the very same ones that continually suck at their own class. We also have the ones that "need a sin to farm". Farm? da fawk? Farm for what in a private server? ECs? ehhhh, there's GVs that you can spam.

Venos: the pets suck lol. Easily one-shottable and literally not a factor. Mystics have tankier pets and deal more damage. The only thing I would change in a veno is the pet hitting a bit harder and be a bit more tankier.

Seekers: perfectly balanced. Their tankability is second only to a barb. I find that some seekers are extremely difficult to take down on a sin without triple sparking. I literally have to get lucky while I unload all my debuffs and stuns on a seeker. Even if I get a seeker to half hp, Headhunt (6 sec stun), pile tangling mire (100 str genie), and chain occult ice, 9/10 times it won't be enough to take down a seeker.

Mystics: I hardly ever see them in pk or ever played one so I do not know

BMs: Oh gawd. I find them balanced. BMs are probably one of the harder classes (in my opinion) to master. Bms are able to stun-lock in 1v1s and aps them to death. Sins can't do crap against BMs if a BM played it smart. BMs can tank magic hits with spamming magic marrow. They're insanely effective in group pks and can also single out the bigger DDs with their stun locks.

Clerics: don't know the class and I probably never will :D

Offline Zaibeast'

• Old Player
i made a seeker, got it nirvana, spent pking for a day and killed 90% of the people i 1v1ed (most of them were dragon geared) ;)

Liar! We were close to even when I started to demon spark on my sin :<

Offline ABBADON

• Hi '-'
You do realize that a seeker can hit 4 aps in triple spark? They can have a base aps speed of 2.86. THAT is more than enough for a seeker. A good seeker should be able to beat a sin. Seekers are ALOT more tankier than BMs. Even more so since seekers DO NOT need to remember to continually spam a marrow or demon bell like a BM would have to. It's a single buff that literally drops all damage received by 30% whether it was physical or magic.

Maybe the reason you don't know all of this is because you don't pk. If you don't pk or actually try, then you can't know whether a class needs a buff or not. I've seen extremely good seekers and I've seem extremely bad ones.

I do agree with Rance somewhat. Some classes do need to be buffed up but not by alot. Most players who QQ about certain classes being too underpowered are the very same ones that hardly pk or know their own class.

Barbs: The survivability is fine, just drop the damage by a bit (Agatio is already going to fix this)

Archers: They will forever be one of the worst classes to 1v1 on in comparison to other classes. However, they perform exceptionally well during TWs and mass group pks. They do need a bit more survivability. (Agatio said he was going to fix this)

Psychics: Squishy as fawk but has a ton of defenses. However, I hardly see a problem with psys during 1v1s. However, when a say is going pure tank (white voodoo with empowered vigor), it is close to impossible to take out that psychic without a group effort. Taking down a psychic is all about waiting for them to waste everything (expel, psychics will) and then you go all out (of course this implies that you're a physical class). I hardly ever have trouble with psychics on my sin or barb in 1v1s. However, in group pks, psychics out-perform basically every single class. Two psychics working together in group pk can literally wreck an entire squad due to their many aoe skills which are spammable.

Wizards: they'll be fine once descent comes around.

Sins: ehh, I already posted soo much about this class. The sins that QQ are the very same ones that continually suck at their own class. We also have the ones that "need a sin to farm". Farm? da fawk? Farm for what in a private server? ECs? ehhhh, there's GVs that you can spam.

Venos: the pets suck lol. Easily one-shottable and literally not a factor. Mystics have tankier pets and deal more damage. The only thing I would change in a veno is the pet hitting a bit harder and be a bit more tankier.

Seekers: perfectly balanced. Their tankability is second only to a barb. I find that some seekers are extremely difficult to take down on a sin without triple sparking. I literally have to get lucky while I unload all my debuffs and stuns on a seeker. Even if I get a seeker to half hp, Headhunt (6 sec stun), pile tangling mire (100 str genie), and chain occult ice, 9/10 times it won't be enough to take down a seeker.

Mystics: I hardly ever see them in pk or ever played one so I do not know

BMs: Oh gawd. I find them balanced. BMs are probably one of the harder classes (in my opinion) to master. Bms are able to stun-lock in 1v1s and aps them to death. Sins can't do crap against BMs if a BM played it smart. BMs can tank magic hits with spamming magic marrow. They're insanely effective in group pks and can also single out the bigger DDs with their stun locks.

Clerics: don't know the class and I probably never will :D
I pk and know enough of my class to know of what I speak of.

IMFLUFFY- r8 demon barb
NOISIA- r8 sage psy
ABBADON- r8 demon bm
ASMODEUS- r8 sage seeker
Ascension- r8 sage sin
Krewella- r8 sage archer
ARKASIA- r8 demon veno

Offline Delirium

No offence but APS seekers make me lol.

Granted they're harder to play than a sin but making the class APS just wrecks what the class was designed for, then again APS seems to wreck anything it touches, fail PWI is fail.

But thats my opinion.

^Made by me! :P
NOT ALL CLASSES MADE FOR PVP SOME WERE MADE FOR PVE
Mhm. x'D