Epic Perfect World

This server is terribly unbalanced.

Offline Ninja

• Retired Staff Member
  • The god of all stalkers! :D
Decent skills will balance the base classes, Psychics, with decreased soulforce will not become OP because of thier skills as they have the least soulforce.

The balancing that will need to be done is class specific bless boxes with % increases to HP and attack/defence levels, it will take alot of ajusting but as the base classes will be balanced it will be significantly easier.
Ex-GM

Thanks Syringe for the pic & JuJuBeez for the awesome sig!

Offline Chum

• Fail Barb
  • Characters: Chum, Swampy
On the subject of barbs needing less damage, I just went to YouTube and watched a PK video from PWI Harshlands of a 105 R9 barb vs a 105 R9 sin.

The barb was hitting around the same damage you see barbs here hit, on a sin with much less HP than the ones we have here. Barbs have always been an extraordinarily powerful class in endgame Perfect World.

But as has been said before, we'll get Descent, then see how things pan out, and Aga will add bless boxes as needed.

Offline crimdeath

I dont think barbs dmg should be lowered at all.....but those resist rings those need to be removed...seriously i hit less on a barb then a bm with magic sutra up.

Offline Ninja

• Retired Staff Member
If people complain about armageddon's damage... It is ment to be that powerful...

A barb can choose to be vit build for tanking, they lose damage, but they gain arma damage.

A barb can choose to be a str build for more damage, the lose hp/defence, and they lose arma damage.

It makes either build a viable option.
Ex-GM

barbs arma will always hit hard the problem is their dmg out put is far too high (it exceeds that of an archers dmg output) and yes the class is meant to be a tank but not get the best of both worlds and be pure str and have huge dmg output and still be able to tank anything u want

Offline Ninja

• Retired Staff Member
barbs arma will always hit hard the problem is their dmg out put is far too high (it exceeds that of an archers dmg output) and yes the class is meant to be a tank but not get the best of both worlds and be pure str and have huge dmg output and still be able to tank anything u want

Not having played a barb on this server I have never really been watching the damage output of regular skills, but armageddon is supposed to be a hard hitter.
Ex-GM

Not having played a barb on this server I have never really been watching the damage output of regular skills, but armageddon is supposed to be a hard hitter.

no one is arguing that arma is meant to be a hard hitter..... so please try to focus.... barbs have a higher dmg out put atm than archers..... in other words if a barb and an archer auto attack on u... the barb hits harder.... so now then... lets recap barbs are meant to be tanks (and they are) yet they hit harder than a DD class... thats what's broken about them

Offline Ninja

• Retired Staff Member

no one is arguing that arma is meant to be a hard hitter..... so please try to focus.... barbs have a higher dmg out put atm than archers..... in other words if a barb and an archer auto attack on u... the barb hits harder.... so now then... lets recap barbs are meant to be tanks (and they are) yet they hit harder than a DD class... thats what's broken about them

I am focusing, the amount of people complaining to me or asking me what armageddon is prompted the responce in regards to armageddon, with decent barbs will be event tankier, so maybe a damage decrease to barb weapons is called for, ofcourse this would mean however much it is nerfed by, all bm weapons would have to be nerfed by the same, meaning bms would need an increase to damage from a bless box.
Ex-GM

I am focusing, the amount of people complaining to me or asking me what armageddon is prompted the responce in regards to armageddon, with decent barbs will be event tankier, so maybe a damage decrease to barb weapons is called for, ofcourse this would mean however much it is nerfed by, all bm weapons would have to be nerfed by the same, meaning bms would need an increase to damage from a bless box.

why would u have to nerf BMs too????
BMs are imo pretty balanced.....

Offline Ninja

• Retired Staff Member

why would u have to nerf BMs too????
BMs are imo pretty balanced.....

Barbs/BMs share weapons, to nerf the barbs auto attack value would mean nerfing half the bms weapons, to un-nerf them for bms you would have to nerf every bm weapon, then give bms a bless box to reverse the nerf.
Ex-GM

Offline Asator

• Retired Staff Member
  • Raised by the sword
  • Master of war
Or simply copy the weapon that they share, make one Barbarian specific and one Warrior specific with different values. Just like rings.
Please, read the general forum & game rules here.
If you have any problem, feel free to PM me.

-Retired-

Offline Ninja

• Retired Staff Member
Or simply copy the weapon that they share, make one Barbarian specific and one Warrior specific with different values. Just like rings.

True, but the weapon forges are piling up with the different weapon options. Maybe we need a recast forge, leaving space in the weapons forge.
Ex-GM

Offline KadeN/BornLegend

• No nuts No glory
  • Born like a Monster, Die like a Beast!
Played PW for so long!. this is just my opinion, First Psych really need a nerf on their soulforce, 2nd Bard with high dmg along with god frenzy is just too much, should be lowered but not by a lot! 3rd Need to add up some attack lvl/mana points for clerics weapon, 4th Mystic could use a def lvl on their weapon 5th Sacred stone isnt really that big of a deal, Removing armor crush will help tho, 6th Archer could use -15 or -10 on their weapon for a lot more quicker skill spam! I saw a lot of AA class complain about sin, Sin are DPS class any AA that get jump by sin will be dead in a sec unless you can deflect it!. But yeah sin are still OP on some point, they just have those advantages! I cant remember if there's an add ons special effects like slow effect for magic classes weapons,that would help!.

Offline Feone

• Forum Veteran
IMO this server is fairly well balanced, though there are a few things that could use adjustments. Balance is quite class specific too, I have played every single class either here or in PWI so I'm not just randomly claiming stuff about classes I don't know.

Barbarian: Very powerfull & hard to kill class, at the moment in PVP this is on the powerfull side however a skilled wizzy or other arcane can tear them up quite well, with the addition of the morai skills I do think they would go out of balance though. Especially the Deaden-nerves like skill.

Psychic: Horribly overpowered, but only because of soul of silence, it takes a genie skill to be able to damage this class which is unfair in my opinion. On the other hand a good archer/sin/barb/seeker can tear them up quite well using willsurge. Soul of Silence can also be put on anyone and making a buff psy is easy. Considering psy's have plenty other defense buffs removing or nerfing the buff altogether wouldn't hurt much.

Assassin: Quite a powerfull class, under the right ciromstances. Any 150 assassin can kill most other classes in seconds out of stealth which is quite bad... Their morai skills however are nothing short of terrible, especially against wizzy's they won't stand a chance after morai update. Other than PK this class rules PVE but in TW they're quite...useless..compared to most others.

Venomancer... often said to be underpowered. Complete BULLSHIT, a veno with some skill can combo up to do damage bordering on the insane, my veno is HA build in 145 gear and I've 2shot 150 sins. That being said it takes a lot of comboing and they lack antistuns etc so they are balanced quite well. Pets could use an upgrade though, they aren't much here. Veno isn't a straight up nuke class, as the desciption says they are more subtle using poisons and debuffs, and they are damn good at it.

Mystic... underpowered? Mystics are extremely hard to kill, 1 heal and their hp is back...full.. It's just a class that takes some skill to master.

Archer often said to be underpowered as well, I agree archers absolutely suck at killing high HP targets. Archers arent meant for 1v1's. Being an archer main myself it's simple, you just don't go after barbs.. or seekers... or sins... (1v1 at least). Archers are monsters in TW, with their purge + their long range physical damage they can destroy enemy arcanes & healers with ease. Learn to play the class and pick your targets. If you like winning 1on1's an archer isn't for you. (though they can tear up wizards, AA clerics, psy's, mystics, venos etc quite well. )

Cleric... Nothing wrong with this class, very usefull everywhere yet not overpowered.

Seeker: good aps, good damage, horribly hard to kill but can't stunlock anything. quite easy to kite a seeker.

Blademaster: good class, deadly stunlock and amazing crowd controlling abilities. Murderous in pk fests or TW,provided they got the DD's to back them up, pretty good in 1on1's provided the player has some measure of skill.

Wizard: Extremely powerfull class, if any class is OP here I would say it's the wizard... With a good combo of debuffs & the extremely high pdef & channeling they can tear up just about any class. When morai skills come into play they are pretty much immune to any melee class (Arcane Defense). Their Binding Sand skill goes right trough antistuns and their HP reversion will be extremely usefull here. The only thing the wizzy has against it is the difficulty of leveling them, other than that they dominate. That being said, untill morai skills come out they are vulnerable to stunlocks & can be taken out by a good sin or bm. Not to mention an archer can tear up the best wizzy with a few purges and some good combo's (even with morai skills)

Offline Ninja

• Retired Staff Member
IMO this server is fairly well balanced, though there are a few things that could use adjustments. Balance is quite class specific too, I have played every single class either here or in PWI so I'm not just randomly claiming stuff about classes I don't know.

Barbarian: Very powerfull & hard to kill class, at the moment in PVP this is on the powerfull side however a skilled wizzy or other arcane can tear them up quite well, with the addition of the morai skills I do think they would go out of balance though. Especially the Deaden-nerves like skill.

Psychic: Horribly overpowered, but only because of soul of silence, it takes a genie skill to be able to damage this class which is unfair in my opinion. On the other hand a good archer/sin/barb/seeker can tear them up quite well using willsurge. Soul of Silence can also be put on anyone and making a buff psy is easy. Considering psy's have plenty other defense buffs removing or nerfing the buff altogether wouldn't hurt much.

Psys may be OP but they are very vulnerable to high hits. The soul of silence is one of the few things we have that can stop sins effectively.

Assassin: Quite a powerfull class, under the right ciromstances. Any 150 assassin can kill most other classes in seconds out of stealth which is quite bad... Their morai skills however are nothing short of terrible, especially against wizzy's they won't stand a chance after morai update. Other than PK this class rules PVE but in TW they're quite...useless..compared to most others.

The problem with sins is the coming out of stealth, you say they wont have a chance after morai update but arcane defence is only so good, all sins will do is pop out of stealth, do 1 attack then tele-stun. Also the high chance for magical skills not to hit and deaden nerves means that assassins can tank more than they should.

Venomancer... often said to be underpowered. Complete BULLSHIT, a veno with some skill can combo up to do damage bordering on the insane, my veno is HA build in 145 gear and I've 2shot 150 sins. That being said it takes a lot of comboing and they lack antistuns etc so they are balanced quite well. Pets could use an upgrade though, they aren't much here. Veno isn't a straight up nuke class, as the desciption says they are more subtle using poisons and debuffs, and they are damn good at it.

Mystic... underpowered? Mystics are extremely hard to kill, 1 heal and their hp is back...full.. It's just a class that takes some skill to master.

Archer often said to be underpowered as well, I agree archers absolutely suck at killing high HP targets. Archers arent meant for 1v1's. Being an archer main myself it's simple, you just don't go after barbs.. or seekers... or sins... (1v1 at least). Archers are monsters in TW, with their purge + their long range physical damage they can destroy enemy arcanes & healers with ease. Learn to play the class and pick your targets. If you like winning 1on1's an archer isn't for you. (though they can tear up wizards, AA clerics, psy's, mystics, venos etc quite well. )

Cleric... Nothing wrong with this class, very usefull everywhere yet not overpowered.

Seeker: good aps, good damage, horribly hard to kill but can't stunlock anything. quite easy to kite a seeker.

Seekers are a half ranged class, alot of thier best skills are ranged, so it you can kite them then its the seeker you are against. Seekers have 2 stuns and 4 seconds of anti stun, this is why they are considered underpowered, there is nothign wrong with damage output or hp.

Blademaster: good class, deadly stunlock and amazing crowd controlling abilities. Murderous in pk fests or TW,provided they got the DD's to back them up, pretty good in 1on1's provided the player has some measure of skill.

Wizard: Extremely powerfull class, if any class is OP here I would say it's the wizard... With a good combo of debuffs & the extremely high pdef & channeling they can tear up just about any class. When morai skills come into play they are pretty much immune to any melee class (Arcane Defense). Their Binding Sand skill goes right trough antistuns and their HP reversion will be extremely usefull here. The only thing the wizzy has against it is the difficulty of leveling them, other than that they dominate. That being said, untill morai skills come out they are vulnerable to stunlocks & can be taken out by a good sin or bm. Not to mention an archer can tear up the best wizzy with a few purges and some good combo's (even with morai skills)

With no anti-stun wizzys are quite vulnerable, wizzies are built for nuking targets while they try to get closer, All classes are built to be good against some and weak against others, a good archer, barb, seeker or sin can kill a wizzy without any issue.
Ex-GM