Epic Perfect World

NW AFK Auto Kick?

Offline Calamity

• Forum Veteran
  • Sic Parvis Magna
  • Characters: Calamity
  • Faction: Crow
I don't know if this is a big difference, but would it be possible to put a timer on NW so if your inactive you get auto kicked?

Offline Kewee

• Old Player
  • It is more fun to talk with someone who doesn't use long, difficult words but rather short, easy words like "What about lunch?”
  • Faction: GoodGame
This was suggested once before, and I think it was either a huge no or a maybe. Some people AFK in NW for a few minutes so it wouldn't be nice to come back to being kicked while you were grabbing a drink or taking a potty break. Adding to it, those AFKing inside of NW for extra Supply Tokens, it wouldn't be difficult to just tab back on there every few minutes and move a little bit to prevent being shown as AFK.

Offline Milan

• Forum Veteran
  • Faction: Tyrants
I don't know if this is a big difference, but would it be possible to put a timer on NW so if your inactive you get auto kicked?

u prolly in flame today right? D:

Offline Pookie

• Characters: ImmaKiLLYou
  • Faction: Factionless
People afk a LOT , with their alts or just afk , occupying precious space :3.
So an autokicker or something would be great , if a character becomes inactive for let's say 7 minutes he/she will get a warning message and if afk more that 15 mins it will be automatically teleported out , let's say in North Arch near the NPC u enter in NW . Of course not everyone will agree with this , specially not the players who log 438963 alts and leave them afk. But it would be a great idea ( I think ).
Last Edit: Jan 08, 2014, 07:21 pm by Agatio, Reason: censored

Offline Chevelle

• Unbreakable.
  • Faction: Horizon
It's a bad idea idk where to start even ._.
Like Floppy said, if you take a break and come back to see your char outside nw map, you'd be pissed..

Imagine that madness on world chat  :normal-3:

Offline Pookie

• Characters: ImmaKiLLYou
  • Faction: Factionless
I mean not to be completely kicked from NW , if you're out , enter again , maybe modify the NW Entry Pass quest , if you are KICKED out by autokicker , then u should be able to get another one to enter , but if YOU leave , then u won't be able to get one more Entry Pass.

Offline Chevelle

• Unbreakable.
  • Faction: Horizon
Senseless, that just makes it a bit annoying for alt-farmers.

Offline LazyOne

• Old Player
  • never fail to fail
Cant expect everyone will stay active for whole 2h.

Make it every day and last only 1h and things will be different.

Offline Calamity

• Forum Veteran
  • Sic Parvis Magna
  • Characters: Calamity
  • Faction: Crow
Didn't know it was suggested before and was rejected

Offline eel stirfry

• Forum Veteran
  • how nostalgic
No.
No pls.

I'm pretty sure it doesn't even matter if you just afk inside the camps, you won't get anything anyways.

Hell, IF I ever participate in NW, I sometimes just afk a tiny bit into NW or halfway through NW.
Because I get bored.
And then I go off to do other stuff, like drawing and colouring, and reading fanfiction and manga, and reading books and ebooks, and various other things.
And sometimes I come back, enter a battle, and then leave again when I get bored, once more.

It would suck if you just got kicked out (keeping in mind that, as far as I know, you actually need credits to get something, and a fair amount of those if you're in a bad nation, and so if you're just standing there afking, you don't really do or get anything, do you?)

Also, what's with that rubbish about "precious space"?
There's plenty of space on the nation war maps, tyvm.
If anything, people afking in the war zones themselves if they just decide to drop all and go do something else in the middle of a battle means that you can get an easy kill :/, so its practically worse off for them than you.
(:

Braixen

Don't think it's evenly possible to do so...
Agatio doesn't have access to the Source Code of the game itself.
However, on the other side it would also force me to stop doing the weekly Nation Wars reports. :tiger-18:

Offline Feone

• Forum Veteran
I don't see the issue with a system like this. If you really have to afk, then don't do it inside a war. 

AFK autokicks in places where points can be scored would improve NW a lot. Inside battles only. While afkers outside of them can hurt a nation it's not nearly as annoying as people just farming points on multiple characters by doing nothing. However, I think it's probably not possible to implement this.

Offline ๖ۣۜBlis

• - Amy
  • *Ansh was here* ✿Sabibi was here, so was Prze 🌞
  • Characters: Sin | Blis | Thea
  • Faction: Outcasts☆
Every post has a good point, it would suck if you were afk for a few mins and planned to get back to just see yourself kicked out of nw. Perhaps a way to detect when someone is multi-clienting in nw? or what about if afk for 35 mins (no one takes that long in the bathroom). Also, nw does get a bit boring, maybe once the new version of nw comes it won't be as boring and people won't afk as much etc, but what if it's still the same way... Reducing nw time to like 20 mins less could make a tiny difference. Or we could just leave nw as it is and celebrate when we get wining nation, then be mad with loosing nation.
P.S
People need to stop leaving the beginning of nw just because they got the ''loosing'' nation, battle hasn't even started, idiots, people make it the loosing nation by leaving & loosing numbers.

Offline Darunia ஜ

• ...Because it is.
  • Censorship is the bane of creativity.
  • Characters: An ungodly amount
  • Faction: Tragic
Every post has a good point, it would suck if you were afk for a few mins and planned to get back to just see yourself kicked out of nw. Perhaps a way to detect when someone is multi-clienting in nw? or what about if afk for 35 mins (no one takes that long in the bathroom). Also, nw does get a bit boring, maybe once the new version of nw comes it won't be as boring and people won't afk as much etc, but what if it's still the same way... Reducing nw time to like 20 mins less could make a tiny difference. Or we could just leave nw as it is and celebrate when we get wining nation, then be mad with loosing nation.
P.S
People need to stop leaving the beginning of nw just because they got the ''loosing'' nation, battle hasn't even started, idiots, people make it the loosing nation by leaving & loosing numbers.

You haven't met my husband.  He has fallen asleep in the bathroom before because he spent that much time in it.  :-\

But even if this is possible, it won't do much.  People will find ways around it.  And one time I had to go afk during a war because otherwise, my daughter would've smeared spaghetti sauce on the walls.  It wasn't intentional, but stuff like this does happen.

Stay Classy.
Mikau - 150 Sage Archer (unofficially retired)
Darunia - 150 Demon Cleric (unoffical new main)
Catfish - 150 Sage Psy (main PK gal)
Phalanx - 150 Demon BM (because impulsive)

Offline ๖ۣۜBlis

• - Amy
  • *Ansh was here* ✿Sabibi was here, so was Prze 🌞
  • Characters: Sin | Blis | Thea
  • Faction: Outcasts☆
Oh gosh, that was fun to read xD And yes, things like that do occur... And now that i thought of it a bit more, Auto-kicking could also make a nation loose if by any chance the people were going to come back.
Detecting if someone was multi-clienting would be nice though, even if it does not help much, probably the people who log on their alts use another pc, but pwi does have a way of knowing when people use multi clients back when it wasn't allowed, they'd even get banned for it, thing is, i know it could be possible.