Epic Perfect World

Nation War Improvment

Offline Razvan

Hello to everyone.

Beying a fan of Nation Wars, it is with worry that I have been participating in last weeks in them. I had a couple of fun ones, but some very disappointing. I am not talking about the number of ST we get has reward, but I have seen that around 600 people usually participate in NW, and what is happening is that there are people who join with more then one toon, and use space in some Nation, and then just stand there waiting to get some hits and get points....
Even bad is people that try to join with several toons till they get the nation they want, creating a big unbalance, and usually leaving Light or Dark in really bad positions.

Knowing that possibly fighting players behavior and trying to prevent this is difficult for several reasons, and might lead to bad consequences of people quitting in the long run, which will be quite bad for server health. I say that 600 people isnt enough to balance 4 nations, since a difference of 10-20 players makes to much difference in the performance of nations.

So i would like to see if it would be possible to make NW just between 2 Nations. I know deep changes cant be made to the game, and all 4 Nations still must exist, but can 2 of the nations be closed and only other 2 get players?

I think this would be a good improvement for NW, that surely would bring more fun and balance to Nation Wars, and give more fun to everyone.

Happy new Year to all.

Razvan.

Offline VookieCookie

• Forum Veteran
I like your idea :< Hope game code isnt too complicated to make it impossible tho D: cuz it sounds hard to make it happen D:

Offline xXIvan

• leadership is not about levels
I like it, but I can't join NW in here because I'm Asian,
I'm only joing in PWI NW my service  is HT. Lol :-X
Xxlvan- 144 sage sin
DeadlyCuttie- 134 sage cleric
DeadlyBeauty-133 sage seeker
Ashlynn_ella 131 Demon Archer

Offline YouGotMe

• HI <3
  • Believe me
  • Characters: CanadianBoy/HeyYouGotMe
  • Faction: Alamat
+11111111111111111111111111111
THEY HATE US, CUZ THEY AINT US

Offline Min

• Blink~~
  • Shave my shoes
I dont know if it's even possible but yeah i like your idea. +1

Offline Rin

• Forum Veteran
I think it's possible, but Nation Wars is hard coded so it most likely won't work =x

Offline Dendoora☆

• Another artist
  • Characters: Dendoora
if this would be possible, i might try joining in

Offline LazyOne

• Old Player
  • never fail to fail
Impossible.

But even if that would possible that wont work - problem are players not the system. If you look careful at players amount in every nation, you will see light nation  always loosing players just after start. So while people can quit NW to join it with another char with hope get frost or dark nothing going get changed.

BTW in PVP exactly same situation - just after XP back every server looser rush join them, so PVP dead as before.

Offline Kewee

• Old Player
  • It is more fun to talk with someone who doesn't use long, difficult words but rather short, easy words like "What about lunch?”
  • Faction: GoodGame
It's a decent idea but it would be hard to do any coding on along with the fact Nation Wars is just "fine" the way it is, it's just the players that make nation war, what you would call, terrible. People see the Nation they're in and if it's not dark or frost, they usually end up trying to enter again or with alts.  :normal-21:

Offline Nea

• Game Master
  • https://imgur.com/a/vsZDCYv
NW Has enough a bug that's almost all the time im in,fckin nw,dc and blocked instances,trying to work to codes there isn't easy and what u just suggested is hard
Anyway,is a good idea but i hardly believe it will be made

Offline LazyOne

• Old Player
  • never fail to fail
Funny people still dont understand no difference 2 or 4 or 50 nations - after few weeks when certain nation will win few times in the row, everyone will try get in that nation. Same as most try join strongest guilds...

Offline Razvan

Hello again,

Players will always be the problem, they are people, and system should, if possible, be adjusted to get the least influenced by their behavior.

I dont have any clue on the tools available by GM to check who, joins NW, but in any case isnt easy at all to check people joining, if they change toon, or rejoin, or whatever. Even if there was some kind of filtering by IP, to just one account joining NW it would be unfair, because im sure there are several connections hosting more then one player (for ex, we are two at home playing EPW).

Ofc you could filter it by mac, but then, it would be possible for someone to change computer and join NW again with different account.

All this are issues, all troublesome, and which would give too much work, and hard to keep under survey, by GMs who have so much work and give so much to keep us busy already.

Again, main problem is, in my view too many nations for few players, that would be solved by having just two nations. having unbalance of 130 to 150 players makes every difference, especially when you can have two nations, like 300 players attacking the nation with 130.

With just two nations, even if you get it bit unbalanced, 280 to 300, i dont think it would make much difference.

Actually, if it is possible, and on this issue i would like to hear it from admins, a couple of tries wouldn't be bad to let us find if it would be better or not.

Concerning the problems we had in NW a few times, problems happen everywhere, we live with them, we are still here and we still have NW, dont we? and we have an awesome server too, made from excellent community, but players should be grateful to the people that manage it and make it possible. They do an excellent job, sometimes hard, without reward, we all have to respect that, instead of complaining like crazy every time something goes wrong.

Cheers all.

Razvan

Offline Milan

• Forum Veteran
  • Faction: Tyrants
I think its fun the way it is.. I'm more annoyed by ppl who just pk around and dont understand that their pk points will be  much bigger if focus on flag too..

Offline Rin

• Forum Veteran
Actually, if it is possible, and on this issue i would like to hear it from admins, a couple of tries wouldn't be bad to let us find if it would be better or not.

You can't just apply big changes and be like, oh lets see how it turns out, then turn back if it flops. =x
People always and always will look for ways to get the most out of what they get offered, and why not? Some people search for good pk, like you, and others just want as many tokens as possible. They will abuse the system to get these, in any way they can. Nothing you can do about it really. Even if you get two nations, people will try to get in that nation who is the biggest of the two, its no point.
Next to that NW is hard coded as I said, it's not easy to edit and will bring bugs along. I don't think it's worth it.

Imo just make the best out of how it is right now :-X

Offline Dewy

I think its fun the way it is.. I'm more annoyed by ppl who just pk around and dont understand that their pk points will be  much bigger if focus on flag too..

This ^