Epic Perfect World

Sacred Stones.

Offline Elly

• Agony awaits
I thought about it a bit and thought I'd suggest implementing something like this.

http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/items/31709

With this weapon, people would have to switch weapons in order to get purify, which doesn't require a lot of work tho. But also, there should be durability of 1 on this weapon, so if person attacks a couple of times with it, it breaks, meaning it would be almost useless for TW.

Elly - 150 Sage venomancer
Decipher - 150 Demon mystic

[22:32:11] Chad: the name rev
[22:32:13] Chad: is foul language

Offline crimdeath

as a caster you should know that purify does not work enough for it to be useful
as a caster you should know that purify does not work enough for it to be useful

lolwut?

Offline Zaibeast'

• Old Player
  • *lalalala* Sins are OP *lalalala*

lolwut?

errrrrr yeah. I don't believe this server ever had the opportunity to try out a purify sacred stone.
Zaibeast - 150 Demon Barbarian
Dynasti - 150 Demon Archer
Peekabooo - 150 Demon Assassin
Peekabam - 150 Sage Psychic

lolwut?

errrrrr yeah. I don't believe this server ever had the opportunity to try out a purify sacred stone.

so i take it i wasn't the only one that facepalmed to his post?

Offline Zaibeast'

• Old Player

lolwut?

I also face-palmed his head into a wall.

lolwut?

I also face-palmed his head into a wall.

poor wall :<

Offline crimdeath

you cant change the % the sacred stone works. Also a better explanation to my post is as a caster you should know that any stone put into a casters wep does not work enough ("IE" the %) to be useful in a pvp situation. Which is why normally either dmg/cast/or crit is increased...

this isnt the only p server that exists so take a min and think that maybe just maybe i tested the effect on another server. but it should be common knowledge also because out of all weps why do casters happen to be the only ones without any effects at all on there weps. theres only a slight chance that the sacred stone will save the casters ass.

but if you wanna help casters give them a increased crit/dmg buff
or just slap a few more stacks of def increase/dph on there gear
it will get the job done
Last Edit: June 18, 2012, 02:00 am by crimdeath

Offline Zaibeast'

• Old Player
you cant change the % the sacred stone works. Also a better explanation to my post is as a caster you should know that any stone put into a casters wep does not work enough ("IE" the %) to be useful in a pvp situation. Which is why normally either dmg/cast/or crit is increased...

this isnt the only p server that exists so take a min and think that maybe just maybe i tested the effect on another server. instead of mindlessly rambling. but it should be common knowledge also because out of all weps why do casters happen to be the only ones without any effects at all on there weps.

You do realize that the purify stone is based on the caster getting hit. So obviously, if they were APSed by a class, it would proc more.

The reason why casters don't have certain effects on their wep is because of the potential of those casters of becoming more OP. Can you imagine a caster wep with God of Frenzy on it?

this isnt the only p server that exists so take a min and think that maybe just maybe i tested the effect on another server. but it should be common knowledge also because out of all weps why do casters happen to be the only ones without any effects at all on there weps. theres only a slight chance that the sacred stone will save the casters ass.

but if you wanna help casters give them a increased crit/dmg buff
or just slap a few more stacks of def increase/dph on there gear
it will get the job done

ok first off, read before you post please.... the purify sacred stone is based on the user (in this case the caster) getting hit by a melee attack (i.e a sin, bm, etc.) and no casters do not need more dmg (i wouldn't mind more crit lul) and give me god of frenzy on my wep and i will literally just go for glory (ulti) every time i pked vs anyone

Offline Ninja

• Retired Staff Member
  • The god of all stalkers! :D
All caster effects are based on the attacks recieved, which is why casters cant use the effects like GoF because they proc per attack.
Ex-GM

Thanks Syringe for the pic & JuJuBeez for the awesome sig!
All caster effects are based on the attacks recieved, which is why casters cant use the effects like GoF because they proc per attack.

^here a third person is now telling you what my first post was saying....

Offline crimdeath

will purify change pvp for a magic class?

i mean really its not like you wont have dozens of ppl on complaining  who play phys classes about it.
not to mention most magic classes wont want psys to have it cause there already op.
cause i mean its not like
150 mgs cant already 1 shot non 150 phys classes easy
if not 1-5 shot 150 wrs,sins,ea,heavy ep and if you take the barbs resist rings there gonna drop 2.
i mean if  balance is the aim? just give casters more crit,def/dph  if its a big deal.
Last Edit: June 18, 2012, 02:23 am by crimdeath

Offline Zaibeast'

• Old Player
will purify change pvp for a magic class?

i mean really its not like you wont have dozens of ppl on complaining  who play phys classes about it.
not to mention most magic classes wont want psys to have it cause there already op.
cause i mean its not like
150 mgs cant already 1 shot non 150 phys classes easy
if not 1-5 shot 150 wrs,sins,ea,heavy ep and if you take the barbs resist rings there gonna drop 2.
i mean if  balance is the aim? just give casters more crit,def/dph  if its a big deal.

So what is your point then? You first argue that purify will have no effect because you apparently tested it out. However, your reasons for it don't back up what you said about it. Now you're completely changing your point to something entirely different. Da fawk you on succka?

Offline crimdeath

yes i have tested it on pwv previously caster weps had sacred stones....Including purify,holy never actually worked enough to be beneficial.

but yes i changed my statement around to say lets say for a min you are right. 100% right. there would still be issues with the stone being added to the game.

pvp here isnt always 1v1  the effect of purify wouldn't really be a game changer for magic classes in pvp. unless your that person who need 5 secs to take down that whole party or group. my original statement was simply it will not work enough to be beneficial and it wont. you can just use ur mystical elixir and get a pot if you dont wanna be stunned or genie. when you start adding effects to casters weps you should consider more consistency (like more crit/dmg/def).
Last Edit: June 18, 2012, 03:51 am by crimdeath