Epic Perfect World

Veno skills and sage/demon

Offline Vixen ♡

• playing since 06/11/2012
  • do you speak husky?
I searched the forum and noticed there was no guide for veno skills and sage/demon. sometimes that can confuse people. well im here to help. To start. I have played veno for 3 almost 4 years on pwi and other private servers. i must say i enjoy this one out of them all and proud to call this my new pw home  :D. i have territory warred succesfully and pked even a few times ( not my fav thing to do.) any ways back to subject. so.. your wondering what skills you should maybe lvl up first?

Lucky scarab is a skill that needs to be lvl 10 and keep in cooldown. This skill should be the first attack you do on someone so they cannot attack you first. If they are stun locked, they cannot attack, thus getting ahead of damage on the other person(I am refuring to 3-4 attacks in before their first attack).

Venomous Scrab is your main attack skill that will be spammed. Since it has a short cooldown, it will be the main dd skill that does not have a cool down.

Ironwood Scarab is a chi skill, that should be used every so often. The main reason for this skill is the curse it gives, and the obvious damage. When used, this will allow melee classes to higher damage out put. To add to this, your nix will also attack more; mind you the nix damage will not be a big jump, but any extra damage is needed. AS quoted by chum ~ Ironwood is the highest DPH skill for venos. thank you for the input on that chum  ;D

Noxious Gas This is your main aoe skill that is a big must when you see people in tw grouped up. This should not be part of your normal attack for 1v1. The channeling time is too long compared to venomous not to mention the damage is relatively close.

Parasitic Nova Is your ace for aoe's. This skill is a toss up between spark eruption. I personally use nova rather spark eruption. The reason being is the seal/sleep for 8 seconds. If your use lucky+ nix+( that is if u prefer your nix to have stun skill)  nova, you have 13 seconds of stun lock. That amount of time the person should be dead or almost dead.

Bramble guard Is a huge must. it will reflect damage on melee classes, helping you to "win the battle" so to speak.

Bramble Hood I use this skill as my emergency skill to save my butt. I try not to use it unless I really need it because it takes two sparks. The only time I will use it for not saving my butt is to run in and purge. The damage reduction allows you to get really close for purge and amp, then get out alive.

Natures Grace and Metabolic Boost- natures grace is for when your mp is low. mind you we have mp/hp charms at our disposal. but lets just say your pking and running low this may save you. metabolic boost is our heal skill and it is a life saver. although i prefer soul transfusion first then natures grace to cover the lose of mp from using soul.

Soul Transfusion This skill is another save your ass skill. I try not to use this skill unless I really need to because it cost's 1 spark. The only time you should use this, is if your charm ticked, and your almost dead. This allows you to have another charm tick, hopefully giving you enough time to kill the person.

Fox form skills! There is only three skills that need to be used, then you need to get out of fox form. They are, purge, amp, and crush vigor. Purge always goes first in the order of skils. Next would be amp, followed by crush vigor. 

this is just coming from my stand point. How YOU play may be diffrent this is just a guide and questions answered. As for demon/Sage. Ask yourself this... Are you more of a fox form user? would you enjoy gaining chi faster? then sage may be your answer. as for demon do you use human skills more often? do you enjoy hitting harder?

Again this is just my point of view so please no hating.  i may post a tw guide for veno later or just add it to this one. see you in game  :)
Last Edit: June 14, 2012, 05:19 pm by shewolf612
♥You can't throw me to the wolves they come when I call.. because I'm their mother♥
♥A fox is a WOLF who sends flowers♥
♥Trying to understand the behavior of some people is like trying to smell the color.... 9 :P
♥people with narrow minds have broad tongues♥
♥if the heart knows only love. Hate and Fear run and hide♥
♥The poor long for riches, the rich long for heaven, but the wise desire tranquility♥
artwork done by me ^^

Offline Chum

• Fail Barb
  • Characters: Chum, Swampy
You might want to include that, excluding Nova, Ironwood is the highest DPH skill for venos.

The only time bramble reflects damage against players is in duels and the arena (and I think TW?). In open-world PK it's useless.

Using Crush Vigor overrides Amplify Damage. And amp is definitely the better of the two skills.

Offline Vixen ♡

• do you speak husky?
bramble isnt useable in pk? :o it has worked in the past for me weird. and yes i know they cancle each other out i use it to suck chi from the other person but out of the 2 i like amp alot better.
♥You can't throw me to the wolves they come when I call.. because I'm their mother♥
♥Trying to understand the behavior of some people is like trying to smell the color.... 9 :P
♥The poor long for riches, the rich long for heaven, but the wise desire tranquility♥
artwork done by me ^^

Offline Chum

• Fail Barb
bramble isnt useable in pk? :o it has worked in the past for me weird. and yes i know they cancle each other out i use it to suck chi from the other person but out of the 2 i like amp alot better.
Yeah, like I said, it only works in the arena, duels, and possibly TW (not sure). The server you used to play on may have had very old files, before they removed the reflect, or may have edited it so it did. But on here, it doesn't.

Offline Vixen ♡

• do you speak husky?
huh kinda not fair since it is a skill... it would be like a cleric not able to heal in pk :o im just more of a tw kinda girl lol
artwork done by me ^^

Offline Echo

• Retired Staff Member
With Descent comes another Bramble skill which works in open PK to my knowledge.

Blazing Barrier (reflects ALL physical damage, not just melee)
Mana 454
Channel 1.0 seconds
Cast 0.8 seconds
Cooldown 60.0 seconds
Weapon Magic Instruments, Unarmed

Requisite Cultivation Aware of Vacuity
Surrounds you with a barrier of energy that lasts for 15
seconds. Reduces all damage dealt to you by 30%, and
reflects 100% of all melee damage back at the attacker.

Requires 30 Chi.

Quote from: Arashiwf
i remember the fashion

Offline Ninja

• Retired Staff Member
  • The god of all stalkers! :D
Sage is my personal favourite.

20% hp reduction, AoE purge, higher amp, better spark management (most spark skills have chances not to use a spark, lending hand has 5% more chance then demon to give you a free spark, as well as the sage technique).

Never underestimate the chance at a free spark, its never something to rely on but if it happens you gain an upper hand.
Ex-GM

Thanks Syringe for the pic & JuJuBeez for the awesome sig!

Offline Vixen ♡

• do you speak husky?
yea im not up to date on the descent skills  :P cant wait to try them out. i like sage for the pvp purg.. dropping one of those on a cata squad and watching them go wtf amuses me =p i went demon because i love hitting hard and being fast. but honestly love both. just depends on how you play  :D
artwork done by me ^^

Offline Erhie

• Everyone is entitled to their own opinions.
With Descent comes another Bramble skill which works in open PK to my knowledge.

Blazing Barrier (reflects ALL physical damage, not just melee)
Mana 454
Channel 1.0 seconds
Cast 0.8 seconds
Cooldown 60.0 seconds
Weapon Magic Instruments, Unarmed

Requisite Cultivation Aware of Vacuity
Surrounds you with a barrier of energy that lasts for 15
seconds. Reduces all damage dealt to you by 30%, and
reflects 100% of all melee damage back at the attacker.

Requires 30 Chi.
After reading this I AM PLAYING VENO!
"The first fall of snow is not only an event, it is a magical event. You go to bed in one kind of a world and wake up in another quite different, and if this is not enchantment then where is it to be found?
~J. B. Priestley"

Offline Vixen ♡

• do you speak husky?
cool i may update my thinking of a venos job in tw tomarrow =) if that may help anyone  ;D
artwork done by me ^^

Offline hotflamie

• Limit the hating.
Is it just me that think that demon armor break (ironwood) should be added<.<?
20% chance to reduce def to 0. This+nix can do some serious dmg, a tip is to learn bleed on your nix and after a succusfull AB stun with lucky (save it until u see if ironwood worked or fail) then stun-nix bleed-nix stun/nova.
Im not sure about the dmg it does here(since i haven't started lvling my veno yet), but for me the nix bleed usually ticks around 5k.
(i usually go ha veno and relies on the nix+ab to win since aa veno isn't normally having high enough dmg to back up the low def)

this is just my way of 1v1 <.< i never tw on it so it isn't a group pvp class like sage with their aoe purge & more 'forgiving' chi skills . (meaning they have chances to cost less/gain higher)
SkyAngelz-Demon Archer
(self-proclaimed semi pro ea+pro kiter, your QQ is my proof xD)
Sinz-Demon Sin
Forget about me. Soon you wish you had.
Live now, tomorrow is just another today
Skyz - currently being lvled - Demon BM

Credit to jujubeez for the awesome sig:3

Offline Vixen ♡

• do you speak husky?
yea im pure arcane and i demon and i have high damage. i dont use fleshream and pounce. i taught my nix bloodthirst and bloodhunger because it will heal the nix and do more damage in my opinion :) and the skills ur talking about the iron wood? if im right its a lvl 89 demon skill and i have that one learned already 
artwork done by me ^^

Offline Chum

• Fail Barb
Yeah, he's talking about Demon Ironwood's 20% chance to reduce 100% p.def

And on the subject of getting healing skills for the nix: If we're talking endgame, my barb can turn to the phoenix and 1 shot it and turn back to the veno in a split second, so the healing is absolutely useless at that point.

Pounce is one of the most useful things to have on a phoenix here, since their damage is negligible (unless with armor break, and even then it's only sub-par), you can use them for an extra stun until your opponent decides to get rid of them.

Offline Vixen ♡

• do you speak husky?
i might put stun but i dont really pk i would rather tw =) its great when im fighting a bunch of mobs tho and cant toss that heal in =D
artwork done by me ^^