Epic Perfect World

Heavy EP / Cleric

Offline Kewee

• Old Player
  • It is more fun to talk with someone who doesn't use long, difficult words but rather short, easy words like "What about lunch?”
  • Faction: GoodGame
Just got my char to 150 along with a farm char :) Trying to make it work but I seam to be missing 40ish stats to use 150 weapon and dragon armor... Guess I ll need some tons of OP gear to experiment with it. (vit 508, str 417, dex 99 and 419 mag)

The boost I get from heavy armor on this server is very little in terms of defences. Atm I got dragon armor and dragon neck and ring and some chibi others and I got around 28,5k phy def and 20k mag @ 36k hp... my def level is 10 :) (keep in mind this is my 3rd day on server)

So yeah I didnt realise Heavy armor takes so much extra points. I am thinking into goin Arcane with 1 ring phy def maybe that will work better but not sure how much HP will I have then. Maybe put some points into vit?

Also I am not looking to pvp with a support cleric. I dont plan on 1on1ing with him just keeping people buffed, purified and healed. So attack levels and super high mag attack are of no interest.

http://postimg.org/image/jb27trd1r/

Best regards,
Nuke
In my opinion, it's up to you how you want to play, but don't do FULL HA EP, because magics will down you in mass PK like melted candy. The most common support build is enough STR to wear a few pieces of HA Dragon and then the rest is Dragon. You could use Dragon HA Helmet + Dragon HA Top and then use AA for the rest (Wrists, Bottom, Shoes). When you get R8, the benefit from wearing three pieces of AA R8 is a lot better than full HA. (2 pieces = Defense level +20 and 3 pieces = Reduced phys damage by 15%). Get Puzzle + WS acc's along with r8 ring + ascended dragon OR ascended TM cape along with a +50 VIT or a +50 MAG, whatever you prefer, and you're pretty set for a support EP. Full HA EPs have a bit of a disadvantage against magic classes and will die like paper, along with shitty channeling and their heals won't even do anything, you may survive well against sins but you won't do much better at anything else.

:D

Cleric dies = he's a shitty cleric? Actually it doesn't mean that he should go heavy for better survivability - it rather means that he shoud start to look for SQUAD which know how to play with support cleric in it.

When cleric dies it means that DDs in squad don't do their job properly, simply. Squad play doesn't mean only AAing to the squad leader. Everyone pushing? So who is protecting?
When cleric in faction is forced to go heavy, it speaks A LOT about squad play among players in it.
I don't really get what you're trying to say. Nobody said that if a Cleric dies, they're a shitty cleric. You can't blame the squad for not knowing how to "support". Even if a squad supports, in MASS pk, everyone isn't clustered together. Everyones spread. WRs stun range is limited so they can't always protect the Cleric. Cleric = #1 target in mass pk, when everyone AA's you like crazy, it's hard to defend yourself. If you realize, in MASS PK, such as guild vs guild vs guild (which there's been a few lately) which have like, one full squad per faction, it's going to be hard to survive when all AA you.
Last Edit: Dec 28, 2013, 11:47 pm by Floppy

lbstorm01

Can you list the rest of the bonuses the rank 8 gear for cleric get? for 4 and 5 items?

Offline Martylka

• see you next time
  • coming back like a boomerang
  • Characters: Martylka, Eulika
Can you list the rest of the bonuses the rank 8 gear for cleric get? for 4 and 5 items?

You can have only 4 pieces of r8 armor + weapon. It's not the same as for dragon that You have 5 pieces set to full bonus. With r8 You wear normally Dragon Headgear.

Addons from r8 are:

(2 pieces or armor) Defense Level +20
(3 pieces of armor) Physical Defense from gear +15%
(4 pieces of armor) Attack Level +25

Addons from dragon arcane set:

(2 pieces or armor) Magic +40
(4 pieces of armor) Attack level +20
(5 pieces of armor) Defense level +10

and, as far as I know (correct me please if I'm wrong), from dragon heavy armor are:

(2 pieces or armor) Interval -0,05 sec

Also I am not looking to pvp with a support cleric. I dont plan on 1on1ing with him just keeping people buffed, purified and healed. So attack levels and super high mag attack are of no interest.

No no, healing depend of base magic attack. It is Your healing ability, not only attack power.
Base magic attack depends basicly on points in magic, so every '+magic points' are for You as gold.

And yeah, wearing heavy armor require 377 strenght points and 79 dexterity points (to sum up 456 points spend), while arcane armor (and weapon as well, even in r8) require only some strenght points. Rest goes to magic. So base magic damage, for us healing ability, is significantly cutted in heavy armor. Moreover, none of heavy armor addons (I mean the ones in dark blue in piece of armor) support healing ability. There can be attractive for cleric only to +HP and +phys res. Attack lvl don't do anything for healing, as well as crit hit % - healing never crits. Accuracy etc are for physical attack only (if You'd need to attack magic never miss) so it don't do anything better for You as well.

So yeah I didnt realise Heavy armor takes so much extra points. I am thinking into goin Arcane with 1 ring phy def maybe that will work better but not sure how much HP will I have then. Maybe put some points into vit?

More important thing for cleric is his resistances, not HP. You live longer  with  higher resistances and lower HP - than with longer HP bar but worse resistances. I find playing cleric much easier when I started to shard with phys res stones instead of vit ones.

And I made experiment for You and check how much my stats in r8 changing with only one might ring difference. I changed only one magic ring to one might ring. I had my buffs on me.

Stats with magic ring:
phys def 17363 (74% reduction)
mag def 33121  (84% reduction)
base magic attack 51836-66289

Stats with might ring instead:
phys def 20585 (77% reduction)
mag def 28702 (82% reduction)
base magic attack 48566-62661

And it's only one might ring, so difference with and without about 26 magic points.
Addons from might ring are: accuracy (not needed, magic never miss), crit hit rate (not needed, healing never crits), dex (not needed, 20% is only 1% crit rate and something for physical damage). The only useful addons are 800HP and phys res +1800 on ring from refining (at the cost of lower healing ability and little lower magic resistance).

I think with healing I would use that option. :)

But it shows significantly how much my healing ability would be lower if I would be able to wear heavy armor (so have 456 points somwhere else than in magic). That difference above is from cutting my points of 20 magic normally on ring and about 6-7 magic as it's engrave (I'm sorry, I don't remember how much exactly now).

So for me the best option for support cleric is r8 with as much as possible defense addons and +magic addons on it, def weapon, recasted dragon cape (another +5 def lvl) and recasted reputation ring (+5 def lvl). If someone is rich enough better necklance/belt that those dragon ones. Ant that one or even two might rings, depends on cleric's stats. It would be the strongest healing ability as cleric can have with best self defense for arcane armor wearer.

It's not important for You but for me the cool thing of it is that You can have always in Your inventory another items with You. So You can quickly change def weapon to attack weapon, def dragon cape to TM one and be quite good damage dealer (metal mage) as well. I wouldn't be able to do this in heavy armor set so my damage always would be lower. I would be forced then to depend on my faction with any grinding in this char, for me it would be too long and too boring. I like to have some of my independendance as for me my cleric is my semi-main, not an alt.

For someone who think about hybrid sets.

If r8 + some parts of heavy dragon.
Best option to wear for me would be 3 parts from r8 (addons from 3-parts r8 set, the most important for defense) + dragon helmet and one rest dragon piece (those for +HP and +phys resistance from it). For someone who think that can afford to sacrifice 456 points from his magic points to better (physical) defense from only 2 heavy parts.

If arcane dragon + heavy dragon mix.
I would pick 2 parts of arcane armor (it gives +40 magic points as 2-part set, and obviously elemental resistances) and rest heavy. I would probably have protection/ethernal necklance and the same as both belts with me always as well, to switch for what would be best for me for that time. I think usually I would use one protection and one elemental to better balance stats.

I don't really get what you're trying to say. Nobody said that if a Cleric dies, they're a shitty cleric. You can't blame the squad for not knowing how to "support". Even if a squad supports, in MASS pk, everyone isn't clustered together. Everyones spread. WRs stun range is limited so they can't always protect the Cleric. Cleric = #1 target in mass pk, when everyone AA's you like crazy, it's hard to defend yourself. If you realize, in MASS PK, such as guild vs guild vs guild (which there's been a few lately) which have like, one full squad per faction, it's going to be hard to survive when all AA you.

You said one very, very important question from all of those great ones.

"When everyone AA's you like crazy, it's hard to defend yourself". We can say it as reverse: when cleric heals everyone like crazy, it's hard to defend himself. I only say that for me not normal situations are those ones when everybody knows that cleric would be first to attack and noone tried to attract those opponents who actually hit in cleric. For me for example the strongest hitting are archers. I didn't say that everybody should AA me or something. I only say that someone can care, not treat Your cleric as a first tank (becouse everybody hit in him and that is should be). You know that archers would attack Your cleric first take care of that archer, attack him, make him forced to defend himself instead of hitting on your cleric. Help Your cleric somehow just like he is trying to help You with his healing. I only say this.
Last Edit: Dec 31, 2013, 12:11 pm by Marty

Offline Night⋆

• Retired Staff Member
  • Agatio was too ♥ +Cedes
  • Characters: *Retired*
  • Faction: N/A
Just got my char to 150 along with a farm char :) Trying to make it work but I seam to be missing 40ish stats to use 150 weapon and dragon armor... Guess I ll need some tons of OP gear to experiment with it. (vit 508, str 417, dex 99 and 419 mag)

If you are wanting to go HA or Hybrid you NEED the lvl 7 tome either Mag+50 or Strgth +50 one. Noticed you only have the Pangu for now but that is a great start. Unless ofc you get OP engraves on ur ornaments
RETIRED
I guess everyone was on my profile :$ 

Offline Cynix

• Who is Cynix?
  • Jealousy is just love and hate at the same time.
  • Faction: Salvation
If you are wanting to go HA or Hybrid you NEED the lvl 7 tome either Mag+50 or Strgth +50 one. Noticed you only have the Pangu for now but that is a great start. Unless ofc you get OP engraves on ur ornaments
Personally, i love my vit tome for supporting. Dat phys resist doe
I'm basically 40

Offline dove

• Forum Veteran
Personally, i love my vit tome for supporting. Dat phys resist doe

Offline SaltySupreme

• Permanently Afk
Personally, I've never supported HA Clerics but that is just me. Bear in mind I don't support them but I don't doubt that they can work in PvP. You'd be able to tank, yes. Kill someone without a squad AAing, that is going to take some work because going HA means you've nerfed your attack. You'll troll the shit out of Sins, yes. The question is, can you kill 'em?

My Cleric is AA, we have plenty of skills to help us survive and I can actually deal damage.
I'm only keeping this account open because of the memories I have on here, the good and the bad. I logged in just to change my account, and then I'm putting this dusty book back on the shelf.

Offline Cynix

• Who is Cynix?
  • Jealousy is just love and hate at the same time.
  • Faction: Salvation
Personally, I've never supported HA Clerics but that is just me. Bear in mind I don't support them but I don't doubt that they can work in PvP. You'd be able to tank, yes. Kill someone without a squad AAing, that is going to take some work because going HA means you've nerfed your attack. You'll troll the shit out of Sins, yes. The question is, can you kill 'em?

My Cleric is AA, we have plenty of skills to help us survive and I can actually deal damage.

They go HA because they are pure support. Damage isn't a factor because they are purely dedicated to keeping a squad alive. In a large fight, we dont want to see DD clerics. Thats more of a 1v1 or small fight build.
I'm basically 40

Offline MorbidAngel

• Dragon Seeker
  • 1 man army
Ha - support AA - damage LA- who the *** knows, HA pretty much just stands there with SoS and never dies with puri glaive.

Morbid/\ngel - 150 seeker

Offline ₤ίɭ₮

• Forum Veteran
  • Characters: *~Nazirema~*, Ethereality
  • Faction: Outcasts☆
You can have only 4 pieces of r8 armor + weapon. It's not the same as for dragon that You have 5 pieces set to full bonus. With r8 You wear normally Dragon Headgear.

Addons from r8 are:

(2 pieces or armor) Defense Level +20
(3 pieces of armor) Physical Defense from gear +15%
(4 pieces of armor) Attack Level +25

Addons from dragon arcane set:

(2 pieces or armor) Magic +40

and, as far as I know (correct me please if I'm wrong), from dragon heavy armor are:

(2 pieces or armor) Interval -0,05 sec

No no, healing depend of base magic attack. It is Your healing ability, not only attack power.
Base magic attack depends basicly on points in magic, so every '+magic points' are for You as gold.

And yeah, wearing heavy armor require 377 strenght points and 79 dexterity points (to sum up 456 points spend), while arcane armor (and weapon as well, even in r8) require only some strenght points. Rest goes to magic. So base magic damage, for us healing ability, is significantly cutted in heavy armor. Moreover, none of heavy armor addons (I mean the ones in dark blue in piece of armor) support healing ability. There can be attractive for cleric only to +HP and +phys res. Attack lvl don't do anything for healing, as well as crit hit % - healing never crits. Accuracy etc are for physical attack only (if You'd need to attack magic never miss) so it don't do anything better for You as well.

More important thing for cleric is his resistances, not HP. You live longer  with  higher resistances and lower HP - than with longer HP bar but worse resistances. I find playing cleric much easier when I started to shard with phys res stones instead of vit ones.

And I made experiment for You and check how much my stats in r8 changing with only one might ring difference. I changed only one magic ring to one might ring. I had my buffs on me.

Stats with magic ring:
phys def 17363 (74% reduction)
mag def 33121  (84% reduction)
base magic attack 51836-66289

Stats with might ring instead:
phys def 20585 (77% reduction)
mag def 28702 (82% reduction)
base magic attack 48566-62661

And it's only one might ring, so difference with and without about 26 magic points.
Addons from might ring are: accuracy (not needed, magic never miss), crit hit rate (not needed, healing never crits), dex (not needed, 20% is only 1% crit rate and something for physical damage). The only useful addons are 800HP and phys res +1800 on ring from refining (at the cost of lower healing ability and little lower magic resistance).

I think with healing I would use that option. :)

But it shows significantly how much my healing ability would be lower if I would be able to wear heavy armor (so have 456 points somwhere else than in magic). That difference above is from cutting my points of 20 magic normally on ring and about 6-7 magic as it's engrave (I'm sorry, I don't remember how much exactly now).

So for me the best option for support cleric is r8 with as much as possible defense addons and +magic addons on it, def weapon, recasted dragon cape (another +5 def lvl) and recasted reputation ring (+5 def lvl). If someone is rich enough better necklance/belt that those dragon ones. Ant that one or even two might rings, depends on cleric's stats. It would be the strongest healing ability as cleric can have with best self defense for arcane armor wearer.

It's not important for You but for me the cool thing of it is that You can have always in Your inventory another items with You. So You can quickly change def weapon to attack weapon, def dragon cape to TM one and be quite good damage dealer (metal mage) as well. I wouldn't be able to do this in heavy armor set so my damage always would be lower. I would be forced then to depend on my faction with any grinding in this char, for me it would be too long and too boring. I like to have some of my independendance as for me my cleric is my semi-main, not an alt.

For someone who think about hybrid sets.

If r8 + some parts of heavy dragon.
Best option to wear for me would be 3 parts from r8 (addons from 3-parts r8 set, the most important for defense) + dragon helmet and one rest dragon piece (those for +HP and +phys resistance from it). For someone who think that can afford to sacrifice 456 points from his magic points to better (physical) defense from only 2 heavy parts.

If arcane dragon + heavy dragon mix.
I would pick 2 parts of arcane armor (it gives +40 magic points as 2-part set, and obviously elemental resistances) and rest heavy. I would probably have protection/ethernal necklance and the same as both belts with me always as well, to switch for what would be best for me for that time. I think usually I would use one protection and one elemental to better balance stats.

You said one very, very important question from all of those great ones.

"When everyone AA's you like crazy, it's hard to defend yourself". We can say it as reverse: when cleric heals everyone like crazy, it's hard to defend himself. I only say that for me not normal situations are those ones when everybody knows that cleric would be first to attack and noone tried to attract those opponents who actually hit in cleric. For me for example the strongest hitting are archers. I didn't say that everybody should AA me or something. I only say that someone can care, not treat Your cleric as a first tank (becouse everybody hit in him and that is should be). You know that archers would attack Your cleric first take care of that archer, attack him, make him forced to defend himself instead of hitting on your cleric. Help Your cleric somehow just like he is trying to help You with his healing. I only say this.
You should make a guide and get it stickied. :o

Offline ~Talun~

Possible but it takes way longer.
I find that farming with my archer is much faster then the other classes,....while it takes you time to run to the mob,....i' have 2 to 3 mobs down with my archer.

And Merry Christmas, and a happy New Year to all.

Talun
Leader of HellsGate