Epic Perfect World

Dear Players

Offline Steroids

• God of Noobs
  • Faction: Rawr
And as for SSing. Most (if not all OS) have a print screen feature. I have windows 7 and mine isn't on my F keys, it's the button that says PRINT SCREEN. And if all else fail, there are plenty of 3rd party screen capture programs. And if they have a mac, don't know how they are playing this game unless through a windows partition or virtual box anyway so just refer to what I said about windows lul....
You don't need 3rd party programs tbh, the 3 ways I talked of work on windows 7 and 8. As for windows xp, just print screen and paste in paint or just print screen and search the folder for the ss. Also, if you're on a mac and are using virtual box, same methods apply. If you're using Linux and have used alphatwo's guide to run epw, I can ask him how he took SS.

cevans1290

I never said that all you need to do is provide just an SS to get gears back lul. Plis reread what I said.
I said you need to provide sufficient proof. And that is before we can even investigate it. There are people who have done it before, so you can stop saying it doesn't happen. Some of you are acting like we don't want to give items back to people who had them stolen. Our job is to help people lol. Ofc we want to help retrieve items, but we can't just give items to everyone who makes a claim. Yes, there is no guarantee that your gears will be retrieve. But it's better than doing nothing. If you don't want to fall victim to a scammer, you just need to be smarter about your gameplay. Changing passwords, not giving out details, check people, SS suspicious circumstances etc. It's not hard.

And as for SSing. Most (if not all OS) have a print screen feature. I have windows 7 and mine isn't on my F keys, it's the button that says PRINT SCREEN. And if all else fail, there are plenty of 3rd party screen capture programs. And if they have a mac, don't know how they are playing this game unless through a windows partition or virtual box anyway so just refer to what I said about windows lul....

As Steroids said:
Pretty much what all ya'll say is we need proof, then we will do something about it. And SS won't do much Imo, if was already hacked :) I didn't give out any of my info yet..I got hacked? Its server not me. Btw I lmao at reading this sorry  :))

Offline Melody⋆

• Retired Staff Member
  • ♥ Ruin was here (and so was Toots). TangleNub(ew)
  • Characters: Melody|Harmony
  • Faction: EPW_Team
Pretty much what all ya'll say is we need proof, then we will do something about it. And SS won't do much Imo, if was already hacked :) I didn't give out any of my info yet..I got hacked? Its server not me. Btw I lmao at reading this sorry  :))

Ofc we need proof before we can do anything lmao. Umm how else is it meant to be? Follow every claim with get blindly with no evidence, proof, names etc? lul

As for SS helping AFTER you were hacked, proof can help us determine what happened and deal with those who scammed and hopefully return items lost, if possible. I don't understand how you would like us to prevent you being hacked before it happens, nor how we are meant to reverse time to stop it happening.

And it's the servers fault you got hacked? Boy, and you found what I SAID was funny (even though there wasn't a single comical element to it).....

Last Edit: Dec 23, 2013, 03:55 pm by Tangle♫

♥ Love and will miss you guys ♥
Resigned to start playing real life c:

Offline Xcution

• Forum Veteran
  • I am the ocean of the Universe.
  • Characters: Xcution, Skyscream
  • Faction: IceLotus
Once again, there is a scam artist at play on EPW. They are imitating peoples names and contacting faction members saying they will zen them free gold if you share your acct info with them. Please no matter how much you trust your guildies DO NOT share any acct info, especially over game. This is just a heads up to try and ensure the safety of your guys accts and gear.
Shit, they caught me qq

Offline Kaleidoscope

• Tangle was here ♥
  • Surge was here ♥
The amount of arguing here is giving me an aneurysm.

Players are responsible for their own accounts. Everyone should know by know how to protect their accounts/items so that they don't get scammed. (Don't share your accounts, don't go to 3rd party websites that people advertise, double check trades, don't put your info into any forum other than epicpw.com's panel, etc., don't use generic passwords(especially if other people have your info for other stuff, it can be easy to guess)).

If your items or accounts are lost/harmed because of your own negligence due to account sharing or not checking trades, there's not much that we do to retrieve them. Does it suck? Yes. Should you know better? Yes. I'm sorry if that comes across as uncaring, but as stated before, it's your responsibility to secure your things. Would we like to help you get your things back? Of course we would, but not if you willingly put yourself at risk. We advise against account sharing, and we always tell you to double check trades before they happen. *If you get 'scammed' trying to trade items across servers, that is your own fault, and nothing will be done.

If you have NEVER, EVER given your account information to anyone, and nobody else has logged it before except you, you might have been keylogged or gone to a phishing website. If we can verify that in any way, there is a better chance of us being able to recover your items. Yes, we do still need proof. Anything you can give is helpful and if anything appears to be off, Aga can check logs and see what happened. There's no guarentee that items can be retrieved, but we DO try.

Offline Meese

• Mighty Moose Lord
  • Faction: Ducks
The amount of arguing here is giving me an aneurysm.

Preach. Your account, your responsibility. Most of the time people give their info out or do questionable trades and end up being scammed and then they cry on these forums or to the GMs that they had no fault in the matter. It's very rare to get a legit key-logging/phishing scam and even then, what are you doing on those sites? It all comes down to the person.

Offline DevilKat

Is just me or the Change Gender promotes scammed ;)
And is not fair in a serve where the stuff like say donaters and nodonaters can get same shits :smiley:

Offline xXSwaneXx

• i wake up
  • i throw up
  • Characters: Insanity
  • Faction: Xpendable
Preach. Your account, your responsibility. Most of the time people give their info out or do questionable trades and end up being scammed and then they cry on these forums or to the GMs that they had no fault in the matter. It's very rare to get a legit key-logging/phishing scam and even then, what are you doing on those sites? It all comes down to the person.
shush go back to pve
i feel like i'm dead

vlntbty

This is another reason why I never ever share my info with ANYONE.  :rolleyes:

vlntbty

Um, I have Windows 8 and I can take screen shots just fine.

Some people can
t get proof, why? Windows 8. Windows 7 doesn't use the "f keys" for stuff, windows 8 does with all except f5, and that isn't SS button c; So what will they do; just suffer because they don't have Windows 7 or mac?  :-\ 
To all GM's not just tangle

Offline Shay

• Forum Veteran
  • Shhh... I'm hiding from negative people
..Or download screenhunter 6.0 free from their website.  ( http://www.wisdom-soft.com/products/screenhunter.htm )
Just another option if you need one.

cevans1290

Ofc we need proof before we can do anything lmao. Umm how else is it meant to be? Follow every claim with get blindly with no evidence, proof, names etc? lul

As for SS helping AFTER you were hacked, proof can help us determine what happened and deal with those who scammed and hopefully return items lost, if possible. I don't understand how you would like us to prevent you being hacked before it happens, nor how we are meant to reverse time to stop it happening.

And it's the servers fault you got hacked? Boy, and you found what I SAID was funny (even though there wasn't a single comical element to it).....
How is SS afterwards going to prove anything then? For example:: Person takes SS and sends in, of account with no gear and says, "I got hacked."..what if its in bank? What if they dont have any?

Offline Steroids

• God of Noobs
  • Faction: Rawr
shush go back to pve
PvE player or PvP player makes no difference during a discussion about account safety.

Offline Broobndoobn

• Old Player
Must change name now, pfft.

Offline Elena

• Old player. Veno master.
  • Don't worry, my tattoos don't like you either.
  • Characters: Nya
How is SS afterwards going to prove anything then? For example:: Person takes SS and sends in, of account with no gear and says, "I got hacked."..what if its in bank? What if they dont have any?
You should be happy if at least the person who hacked you gets ban. Here GMs try to do something compared to PWI. I got hacked 2 times and I send email...first time they actually banned my account lol...

And yes you need good proves, if you give your password its only your own fault, though it's hard to prove you didn't give you acc info.  :rolleyes:

Other problem with giving back items is because I think for this Aga would need to give a rollback of the server? If I'm not mistaken, means whole server goes back, I'm sure no one will be happy about this just for one person to get his items back.