Epic Perfect World

New Horizons

scatterer3

Remember you're not forced to upgrade your skills.

Reliant

Did you seriously compare mystics push skill to a 7.5 second impossible to resist stun?
Sorry but, whats so hard about running back in range after being pushed by the mystics push skill? It shouldn't matter if you are a ranged class and as melee you either have a leap skill (Shadow teleport/jump, Tiger Leap, Void Step) or you have barb's true form which lets them run at like 10 m/s anyways. It does disable you for about ~2 sec while you're being knocked back but it also gives you distance you can use to run if things get bad and you certainly aren't forced to use any immunity spells.
Get stunned for 7.5 seconds? Ha ha you can't be purified and if you *SOMEHOW* saw the skill animation in the cluster*** that is mass pk and managed to resist with AD, you're now an easy picking for focus fire and are probably going to die anyway.

To compare, the only other class skills that I've looked at thoroughly are clerics' and venomancers'...
Venomancers get two fox form merger skills that do damage based on base physical damage which make the literally useless unless you're somehow stuck in fox form and can afford to use them in between purge/amp. At least they give a remarkable 20 chi for demon Venos!
Redstone venomworm: The merger of Blazing & Ironwood scarab. For demons, this is a straight out nerf. We lose our chi building skill and the 0 def proc for ... stronger damage and a dot and 180% defense  reduction proc. The 180% defense reduction proc only reduces the armor on heavily geared targets (I.e everyone on epw) to about half or less. This is a HUGE loss for demon venomancers and is in reality not worth upgrading.
That makes three skills that aren't particularly useful.
Primal Malefic crush. Now this is where I get to complain and justify my point all I want. Malefic crush has the same stun effect as the bm skill (can't be purged) except it DOESN'T HAVE A 100% SUCCESS RATE, LASTS FOR TWO SECONDS and also costs a spark, WHILE BEING ON A 180 SECOND COOLDOWN (If I read right, but it's definitely long)... Granted, it is AoE but venomancers don't exactly run in to a fight to throw off their aoe stun combo. If Agaito can't nerf the BM skill in some way it's completely unbalanced compared to the rest of the classes to be added as it is :/

Clerics didn't get many comparable skills so I won't bother comparing with them.

actually he was on point, bm does only 1 type of damage ( or the magical that he does never plays main role)
therefore, sadly there are more gamebreaking certainities ( mystic/seekers having 2 types of op damage at once)
rather than stating that a simple stun is op. (stun will always remain just a stun even though it's unbreakable, you never evade every stun, thus 1 fatal stun that costs 1 spark shouldn't be a big deal)

Offline Droopeh

actually he was on point, bm does only 1 type of damage ( or the magical that he does never plays main role)
therefore, sadly there are more game breaking certainties ( mystic/seekers having 2 types of op damage at once)
rather than stating that a simple stun is op. (stun will always remain just a stun even though it's unbreakable, you never evade every stun, thus 1 fatal stun that costs 1 spark shouldn't be a big deal)

You can just use evil ward against absorb soul or cc the seeker when he's trying to metal combo if it's that much of a problem e_e

In my point I wasn't trying to draw a dichotomy between mystics and BM's, I was just comparing skills. Nobody mentioned the damage portions of either skills, UNLESS the original poster meant Absorb Soul instead of "Mystic Push skill" in which case my first point is invalid (this is largely due to the first poster as he worded the skill incorrectly, though).

Now, comparing Primal Malefic Crush & Dragon Rising as skills that apply the same status effect you can notice a large disparity between the skills' power level. They both cost 1 spark. 1 advantage Primal Malefic Crush has over Dragon Rising is that it's AoE, however it isn't a 100% chance to proc unless you're a sage veno, it has 12 times the cooldown and only lasts a measly 2 seconds. Why should Dragons Rising be so much better? I'd understand if BM's had very little crowd control skills, but they already have a lot and this would just be adding insult to injury. I'm sure Agaito will fix the skill when he has the tools to do so, but for now I stand my ground about the skill being unbalanced.

An unavoidable stun will always be a problem, as is anything with no counterplay involved. Assuming it's mass PK or TW wouldn't it be ridiculously easy to lock a target with Dragons Rising so they can be dealt with by the DD's while being absolutely helpless? Even if they blow AD, you'll still have 2.5 seconds to deal with them while they have no genie support.

If the duration was, say 4 seconds I would've been fine with it, but it just does too much for what it is right now.

Reliant

You can just use evil ward against absorb soul or cc the seeker when he's trying to metal combo if it's that much of a problem e_e

In my point I wasn't trying to draw a dichotomy between mystics and BM's, I was just comparing skills. Nobody mentioned the damage portions of either skills, UNLESS the original poster meant Absorb Soul instead of "Mystic Push skill" in which case my first point is invalid (this is largely due to the first poster as he worded the skill incorrectly, though).

Now, comparing Primal Malefic Crush & Dragon Rising as skills that apply the same status effect you can notice a large disparity between the skills' power level. They both cost 1 spark. 1 advantage Primal Malefic Crush has over Dragon Rising is that it's AoE, however it isn't a 100% chance to proc unless you're a sage veno, it has 12 times the cooldown and only lasts a measly 2 seconds. Why should Dragons Rising be so much better? I'd understand if BM's had very little crowd control skills, but they already have a lot and this would just be adding insult to injury. I'm sure Agaito will fix the skill when he has the tools to do so, but for now I stand my ground about the skill being unbalanced.

An unavoidable stun will always be a problem, as is anything with no counterplay involved. Assuming it's mass PK or TW wouldn't it be ridiculously easy to lock a target with Dragons Rising so they can be dealt with by the DD's while being absolutely helpless? Even if they blow AD, you'll still have 2.5 seconds to deal with them while they have no genie support.

If the duration was, say 4 seconds I would've been fine with it, but it just does too much for what it is right now.

how do you cc occult+aps+gloom proc+fortify+sac. slash+GoF+qpq+batto+aps+GoF+ion spike+heartseeker+batto+voidstep+aps
(well unless you are a sin, then it's easy obviously)
I aggree mystic is easier to cc than seeker tho, but not so significantly.
Last Edit: Apr 07, 2014, 07:50 pm by Reliant

Offline sakurabak

Ok so let me explain my point about mystic's "push skill".
It has 27 meters range and knoks the enemy back 12-13 meters, it has only 12 seconds cooldown.
After being knocked back by that skill, you can easily get bugged by a sleeping plant or seal in mid air. That skill is a pain, not only for meelee classes.
You can not make comparisons between single skills of different classes in pw. The only way to talk about balance in pw, is to compare classes as a whole.
A barb can become immune for 20 seconds- too long.
A sin can avoid skills or dmg with his shields- nice joke.
Archer can hit from about 40 meters distance- too far.
Psychic can stun for about 15 seconds every 30 seconds- way too long.
Seeker can 1-hit you even if you have 120 defense levels in white voodo- way too high dph.
I could go on, but what for.
I have tested that skill on beta, it is just another skill; it will make bms stronger- good for them, I am hoping for some challenging fights against them.
Let's be honest for a moment. Who cares about that skill, nobody does any serious pvp anymore on this server. You do not need skills for a mass pk.

Reliant

+1 to this
but honestly serious pk can only happen with low distance lags, although I have seen players that are incredibly good at high ping in other games.

Offline sakurabak

+1 to this
but honestly serious pk can only happen with low distance lags, although I have seen players that are incredibly good at high ping in other games.

I have been spamming about creating a balance on a bigger scale (and not only between classes), just like it is the case in any more recent game, for a very long time now. It was obvious to me back then ,it is still obvious to me now that a lack of fairness and inbalance in game is a game killer. It slowly, but surely takes out  people's pleasure in pvp and you obviously loose interest in game faster without doing any pvp.
When there is no competition, there is no donation, a high-quality server can not last without any  donations.
Currently there are only two big pvp factions, if you do not like any of them, you can forget pvp on this server (you will always get ganked or simply find no pk).
PW is a dying game, EPW is Nr.1 private server, so it stays alive, when it drops from nr. 1, it is gone.

Reliant

I have been spamming about creating a balance on a bigger scale (and not only between classes), just like it is the case in any more recent game, for a very long time now. It was obvious to me back then ,it is still obvious to me now that a lack of fairness and inbalance in game is a game killer. It slowly, but surely takes out  people's pleasure in pvp and you obviously loose interest in game faster without doing any pvp.
When there is no competition, there is no donation, a high-quality server can not last without any  donations.
Currently there are only two big pvp factions, if you do not like any of them, you can forget pvp on this server (you will always get ganked or simply find no pk).
PW is a dying game, EPW is Nr.1 private server, so it stays alive, when it drops from nr. 1, it is gone.

yeah actually true but the main server Is money eater, therefore you can't expect balance on a private server, it's like torn pieces of something decent, you can't have equality anywhere. ( this server is somehow TW/NW/mass pk based, people like that so people are doing that)
but yeah 1v1 balance would be fine, but it's just too much honestly,
It's un-achievable tbh unless you work on it 24/7 and spend maximum effort and even legitimizing it in your dreams.

Offline Vindex

• The Guardian
  • Hood on soldier, do not let them see your eyes.
  • Characters: Vindex, Raiten
  • Faction: One Who Lurks
Ok so let me explain my point about mystic's "push skill".
It has 27 meters range and knoks the enemy back 12-13 meters, it has only 12 seconds cooldown.
After being knocked back by that skill, you can easily get bugged by a sleeping plant or seal in mid air. That skill is a pain, not only for meelee classes.
You can not make comparisons between single skills of different classes in pw. The only way to talk about balance in pw, is to compare classes as a whole.
A barb can become immune for 20 seconds- too long.
A sin can avoid skills or dmg with his shields- nice joke.
Archer can hit from about 40 meters distance- too far.
Psychic can stun for about 15 seconds every 30 seconds- way too long.
Seeker can 1-hit you even if you have 120 defense levels in white voodo- way too high dph.
I could go on, but what for.
I have tested that skill on beta, it is just another skill; it will make bms stronger- good for them, I am hoping for some challenging fights against them.
Let's be honest for a moment. Who cares about that skill, nobody does any serious pvp anymore on this server. You do not need skills for a mass pk.

Okay whoever u are, seeker 1 shotting u with 120 def lvl in white vodoo, u really think thats so easy? Seeker would have to debuff u immensely while 3 sparking, or use pill to put hf on u and then ZERK-CRIT to 1 shot u in that. So good luck to seeker in that, and if seeker does waste 3 sparks for it or a pill, it can be turned against him with not much trouble, so dont spill bullshit, seeker is capable of 1 shotting AA/LA easy in some cases, but if seeker doesnt know how to time or control its combo well, he can *** himself up royally, making himself exposed to massive counterattack from enemy. Anyone who tells u different is full of crap.
NH Realeased???cos still cant play em...its says version low....