Epic Perfect World

Ouch, wtf big brother?!

Offline Soleil

• it's been a while :)
  • happy holidays :)
  • Characters: TinyEG
  • Faction: Gemini
http://www.theguardian.com/world/2013/dec/09/nsa-spies-online-games-world-warcraft-second-life

That vision of spycraft sparked a concerted drive by the NSA and its UK sister agency GCHQ to infiltrate the massive communities playing online games, according to secret documents disclosed by whistleblower Edward Snowden.

Although the article mentions only WoW, Second Life and console games, who knows, maybe they're all over private servers as well. Me thinks it's not only about terrorism as much as it is economic oriented i.e. who spends how much on what and how often, online gaming is a huge business andmany are located outside the US.
Il faut collectionner les pierres qu'on vous jette. C'est le début d'un piédestal.― Berlioz

Offline 엔젤ღ

• Sacred Radiance
  • k-pop'ers and yaoi fan ❤
  • Characters: AngeliqMyst
.__. omg theres spies in game? what for ?! :c
AngeliqMyst - Sage Mystic

yaoi<3

Offline Soleil

idk, read the article, i'm just as befuddled as you are :)
Il faut collectionner les pierres qu'on vous jette. C'est le début d'un piédestal.― Berlioz

Offline eel stirfry

• Forum Veteran
  • how nostalgic
Ouch.

//someone's paranoid. A group of someones.//
(:

Offline Soleil

Ouch.

//someone's paranoid. A group of someones.//

indeed. just passing the info tho, i don't play consoles, nor WoW nor Second Life. But some do :)

OT: hi D... i'm working on my first digital painting, will post it when i'm done. still having trouble with your tablet?

Offline eel stirfry

• Forum Veteran
  • how nostalgic
indeed. just passing the info tho, i don't play consoles, nor WoW nor Second Life. But some do :)

OT: hi D... i'm working on my first digital painting, will post it when i'm done. still having trouble with your tablet?
Nope.
Mostly.
E-e
Now my err other tablet sometimes disconnects and such, so I just unplug it and stuff when I afk and it works well so meh.

On topic: Ye, very paranoia.
I can see their point kinda but still. Paranoia much.
(:

Offline Soleil

but just imagine all those people getting paid to play online MMO's while the rest of us have to pay to win. (not talking about EPW). sometimes i just wish i was on the wrong side, haha! :normal-11:

Offline eel stirfry

• Forum Veteran
  • how nostalgic
but just imagine all those people getting paid to play online MMO's while the rest of us have to pay to win. (not talking about EPW). sometimes i just wish i was on the wrong side, haha! :normal-11:
Ikr xDD

(:

Offline ☢Thug Life☢

• Whoop Whoop
  • If the ride is more fly, then you must buy.
  • Characters: Manic
  • Faction: ♏ONSTER
 :-\ Here is more info
Quote from: Agatio on 8/21/2013 at 03:59:55 pm
I spam dartle on demon spark, bitch please

Offline Soleil

:-\ Here is more info

awesome, tks. i gather he says the spying agencies' employees get paid to play these games (therefore can afford most expensive in game items too), but is he also saying that the gaming companies invite them and therefore get paid as well? (not sure if that's what he's saying towards the end of the tape).

from now on, my perception of the top guilds will change radically. grrr...

Offline 🌸

• -
  • Characters: Mercy, Sigh
NSA monitors Skype too. :normal-37:
Last Edit: Dec 10, 2013, 05:01 pm by Kera

Offline HellishKitty

• GodMother Of Venomancers
  • I'm a kitty. A digi-kitty.
  • Characters: HellKitty/HellishKitty
  • Faction: Faction

Offline ☢Thug Life☢

• Whoop Whoop
  • If the ride is more fly, then you must buy.
  • Characters: Manic
  • Faction: ♏ONSTER
Quote from: Agatio on 8/21/2013 at 03:59:55 pm
I spam dartle on demon spark, bitch please

Offline Feone

• Forum Veteran
SIR THERE'S AN EMERGENCY.

I NEED MORE EC TO GET EPIC R8R GEAR SO THE TERRORISTS LET ME INTO THEIR GUILD SIR.

Offline ᴰᴱᴬᴰ†

• FASHAN for LAIF
  • Characters: Oleander
soooo.. who are we attacking tonight?

Signature by Lonicera
✞ If my wings should fail me, Lord. Please meet me with another pair✞
(  ㅅ  )      α===B