Epic Perfect World

New End Game Headgear?

Angelring13

I know end game gear is typically Rank 8 Recast for the four basic armor pieces and weapon, with the Supreme Robe, Warsong Belt, Cube Necklace and so forth for the rest, but from what I can tell, there is no end game headgear that is higher than the basic Dragon 150 gear. So my suggestion is that maybe some can be implemented into the game with a reasonable way to farm them. :3 Thoughts?

Offline Broobndoobn

• Old Player
I'd be more than happy with an Ascended head piece, such as the Ascended cape. My OCD hates how one is upgraded, and the other is not.

Offline ϟ

• Support Member
  • Characters: Lunatic
I think that if people had more defense, people would have a lot harder time killing each other now. The balance between defense and weakness would be thrown off. If they countered this then maybe yeah. It seems like a lot of work though for something not entirely needed. It would be cool to have though.

RulesGuidesHelpdeskVote

Angelring13

I'd be more than happy with an Ascended head piece, such as the Ascended cape. My OCD hates how one is upgraded, and the other is not.

So does mine, hence the suggestion. :P

Offline Feone

• Forum Veteran
I wouldn't mind seeing some new gear but I don't think it's all that needed either.

One thing to consider though is that the builds either stacking total offense or total defense are already getting dangerously close to being completely overpowered. Right now to reach that point you need some very rare gear but it's already becoming more and more doable and/or common.

A few examples of offense based builds that come to mind:
Sins reaching high APS with GoF daggers (Even if it's just temporary boosts).
Casters with 90%+ chan reduction, in some cases with attacklevel weapons.
Archers on either the pure int/purge or instacast builds.

The defense based ones aren't any less OP either, total tank build bm/barbs that become borderline impossible to kill  while maintaining some damage ability. 

Luckily right now it's tough to get to these levels of gear meaning that the people doing it are fairly rare. However, with every new piece of gear released it gets easier to get to that point where you have to be total attack or total defense to keep up. It also means people have to have all the fancy gear to not be utterly useless.

Any new headgear would have to be carefull adding even more atk/deflvls or chan/int because being instakilled or dealing absolutely no meaningfull damage on another player gets frustrating very fast.  Especially when it's almost entirely due to gear gaps. It's one of the reasons many of us quit PWI afterall.

Offline xXBlazeXx

I wouldn't mind seeing some new gear but I don't think it's all that needed either.

One thing to consider though is that the builds either stacking total offense or total defense are already getting dangerously close to being completely overpowered. Right now to reach that point you need some very rare gear but it's already becoming more and more doable and/or common.

A few examples of offense based builds that come to mind:
Sins reaching high APS with GoF daggers (Even if it's just temporary boosts).
Casters with 90%+ chan reduction, in some cases with attacklevel weapons.
Archers on either the pure int/purge or instacast builds.

The defense based ones aren't any less OP either, total tank build bm/barbs that become borderline impossible to kill  while maintaining some damage ability. 

Luckily right now it's tough to get to these levels of gear meaning that the people doing it are fairly rare. However, with every new piece of gear released it gets easier to get to that point where you have to be total attack or total defense to keep up. It also means people have to have all the fancy gear to not be utterly useless.

Any new headgear would have to be carefull adding even more atk/deflvls or chan/int because being instakilled or dealing absolutely no meaningfull damage on another player gets frustrating very fast.  Especially when it's almost entirely due to gear gaps. It's one of the reasons many of us quit PWI afterall.
so true...  :-X
xXBlazeXx - 150 sage seeker
CatylynFrost - 150 demon sin
MiiyukiFrost - 150 demon seeker
Tatsuya - 150 demon bm
_Kiara_ - 150 mystic

Offline Sombrero

I approve of it. Sure, there's a handful of people with op shit as it is, but why hold the majority back simply because of a few people's luck? This isn't the US Government, where we punish the poor and leave the rich alone.

Offline AngelOfDeath_

• زنده باد ایران
  • Disbanded Expendables ,Ducks,HO,Warning Tyrants Siege EvilTouch Agatio made them play other games
  • Characters: Airyaman
  • Faction: Aryan
I know end game gear is typically Rank 8 Recast for the four basic armor pieces and weapon, with the Supreme Robe, Warsong Belt, Cube Necklace and so forth for the rest, but from what I can tell, there is no end game headgear that is higher than the basic Dragon 150 gear. So my suggestion is that maybe some can be implemented into the game with a reasonable way to farm them. :3 Thoughts?
:normal-20: :normal-20:
any more pve ideas?

Offline Sombrero

:normal-20: :normal-20:
any more pve ideas?

Ever consider it could be one via ST in the same manner the other ascended shit is done, dumbass? Which guess what, quickest way to achieve that is via NW which isn't pve. But, you clearly didn't think that far ahead, you saw " new gear" and your "HUE NO DIS PK KILLER IDEA" blinders went into full effect.

Jesus christ... say hello to your colon before you pull your head out of your ass.

Offline Jolhans

• Old Player
Ever consider it could be one via ST in the same manner the other ascended shit is done, dumbass? Which guess what, quickest way to achieve that is via NW which isn't pve. But, you clearly didn't think that far ahead, you saw " new gear" and your "HUE NO DIS PK KILLER IDEA" blinders went into full effect.

Jesus christ... say hello to your colon before you pull your head out of your ass.
actually, some people, for example, ASIANS.

Ok, some asians are not able to attend NW, I even got a friend from USA that works and study and he aint able either to attend NW in friday nor in sunday.

We even have had pinoys complaining about NW enchule time to be changed at least in one of the 2 days so the only way remaining for them to farm ascended gear is pve.

But you clearly didnt think that far away, say hello to your colon too :)) :))

dickroman

in case of new headgear it still needs to add bonus along with dragon la/ha pieces or its useless for aps classes like bm who have to mix gear for dmg

Offline Feone

• Forum Veteran
I approve of it. Sure, there's a handful of people with op shit as it is, but why hold the majority back simply because of a few people's luck? This isn't the US Government, where we punish the poor and leave the rich alone.

Just because a few people already have something broken doesn't mean we should give everyone broken stuff while making the original ones even more OP.

scatterer3

I don't agree with this no reasonable Headgear change, why do you guys just come up here and create worthless topics? You didn't add a reason why it should be changed.
Re-write the post like "I want to suggest a modification of the endgame headgear item, it shouldn't be the Dragon headgear but something more sophisticated after Dragon headgear because this... and that..." and so on. And if you ask "Thoughts?" then go create this faking gay topic in General Discussion section!

Going to calm myself down... :tiger-9:

Offline Nea

• Game Master
  • https://imgur.com/a/vsZDCYv
Adding a new helm won't help the balance at all,that's the reason why we don't get a new helm

Offline 🌸

• -
  • Characters: Mercy, Sigh
Personally i don't want this. It won't help anything apart from those who already have OP gear getting even more OP.