• sux
  • not doing commissions pls do not ask
Last Edit: July 05, 2014, 06:12 pm by Alexithymia

Offline Sheikah

• Retired Staff Member
  • Baby GN.
  • Yo, where's my ba-ba and binky?!
economy already ruined ws belts for 20k all is over

That's player greed and sloth.  Too lazy to farm it themselves, and those who do farm it knows that people will pay those outrageous prices.   :-[

Offline Vengeous ~

• Old Player
  • Its been a long time coming
How did gakido benefit the most?? He plays more often but his gear is nothing in comparison to broniak. 3.33 base aps with full r8 and gof> gf to every class in game. Has anyone played in nova or storm? Or even deva. Doners are gods while farmers are filthy peasants begging for gear on wc. $ = ec, laters pve, and as much as i hate pve, i hate the thought of being under geared just because i refuse to cs. And remember the reason why any of you are even on this server. Pwi was an unbalanced money hungry game. Remember all the QQ there? Whats not to say that this server becomes the same?

Offline Dewy

And remember the reason why any of you are even on this server. Pwi was an unbalanced money hungry game. Remember all the QQ there? Whats not to say that this server becomes the same?

^^That.

And frankly, I fail to see what 'how some ppl got their gears in the past' has to do with the legitimate issue of the dollar/euro ratio.

Offline Cynix

• Who is Cynix?
  • Jealousy is just love and hate at the same time.
  • Faction: Salvation
I'm basically 40

scatterer3

1.35 USD = 1 EUR & 0.74 EUR = 1 USD - Let's keep this in mind.

I got 50 USD and I want to donate. Donated, what I received is:

200 Gold.

I got 50 EUR and I want to donate. Donated, what I received is:

260 Gold.

But, 50 EUR is NOT equal to 50 USD, so let's make it equal. 50 USD is equal with 36.8 EUR. Let's donate with 36.8 EUR:

191 Gold and 36 Silver.

And let's try the reverse, 50 EUR is equal with 67.8 USD. Donated with 67.8 USD and received:

271 Gold and 20 Silver.

---

Wait, wait:

230 EUR is equal with 1840 Gold;
312 USD (230 EUR) is equal with 1872 Gold.

OMG, everyone donate with Dollars!

Offline Vixen ♡

• playing since 06/11/2012
  • do you speak husky?
i was donating pretty good.. but i want to see now if the server will stay alive since the change over :3 before i go putting more money into game.
♥You can't throw me to the wolves they come when I call.. because I'm their mother♥
♥A fox is a WOLF who sends flowers♥
♥Trying to understand the behavior of some people is like trying to smell the color.... 9 :P
♥people with narrow minds have broad tongues♥
♥if the heart knows only love. Hate and Fear run and hide♥
♥The poor long for riches, the rich long for heaven, but the wise desire tranquility♥
artwork done by me ^^

Offline Teguro Brother

• I'm an American. Ruining the world is what i do.
I would totally donate if i could use a simple card instead of giving my life story to paypal, and the other option i have never ever heard of skrill

http://www.bbb.org/new-york-city/business-reviews/online-payments/skrill-in-new-york-ny-108815/

*** that ijs 46 complaints

It gets better

http://www.trustpilot.com/review/skrill.com

Top 2 google things for Skrill Review ^

now if all i needed was say a walmart or greendot card that may or may not have my name on it, i'd donate. no way i'm giving all that personal info that they got no business knowing to these sites tho lol
If you love something, set it free.

If it doesn't come back, hunt it down and kill it.

Offline Night⋆

• Retired Staff Member
  • Agatio was too ♥ +Cedes
  • Characters: *Retired*
  • Faction: N/A
One thing with paypal thats great is you can go to Walmart and buy a prepaid visa/mastercard gift card.. Only an email is needed to set up a paypal acct :)
RETIRED
I guess everyone was on my profile :$ 

Offline Feone

• Forum Veteran
One thing with paypal thats great is you can go to Walmart and buy a prepaid visa/mastercard gift card.. Only an email is needed to set up a paypal acct :)

Without giving paypal access to a bank account etc it will introduce long delays though.  Paypal also has a highly subjective policy of shutting down/freezing funds of things they see as bad or as potential fraud.  (Recent cases of kickstarter campaigns being frozen demanding unreasonable info in return for the money for example.)
For the average user paypal works though, I suppose.

If donating (somewhat) anonymously is a big deal to a significant amount of players then perhaps bitcoins would be a viable donation option. Assuming the owner is willing to deal with the additional efford.

Also, would it not simply be easier to only deal in the currency native to the server and update the gold rates from the currency exchange rate rather than a fixed ec rate per currency? Assuming euros are the currency relevant to the owner then simply convert dollar donations into the euro equivalent  & give gold based on the euro->gold ratio?
Last Edit: Nov 27, 2013, 02:40 am by Feone

Offline Teguro Brother

• I'm an American. Ruining the world is what i do.

Found out what your talking about, tried 4 different cards, paypal refused all 4 so i was like wtf and bought some stuff from vikingvapors without any issues at all. 1 card is a walmart card another is a CSL plasma card (donate blood get money) the 3rd one is a straight up visa credit card with a 8,000 limit that i never use, and the 4th was a rewards card (basically a master card that gets free money when i buy gas lol)

TAKE MY MONEY QQ
If you love something, set it free.

If it doesn't come back, hunt it down and kill it.

Offline SoKa

• Top-class smartass
  • Was geht ab? :D
  • Characters: SoKa
  • Faction: ThaClicK
Nice. Afk flying to the Usa to get One of those cards...

Offline CookieMonstarr

• Cookie Crook
  • The Cookie Crook
IJS, crying about donation prices on a private server is... Well, sad. There's nothing on the server you can't get free with work put in. And for those who ARE donating, you're helping keep a great server afloat. You know how much you get donating on the official servers per 1 dollar? 1 gold. Maybe more if you buy enough, or if there's a sale going on. 5 x or 6.5x more is a win. Plain and simple. And if I'm not mistaken, EUR and USD yield the same amount of gold on official as well. And if not(it's been a good few years since I was on official), you're still making out like a fat rat here. I mean, most of the gear that can be bought flat out in the shops really only takes you a donation of maybe 50 to make a HUGE dent in, if it doesn't take care of it completely. So, saying we need justice bro... That's a really deep statement and it's almost like receiving meals and complaining about what you're given.
I'mma Cookie Monstarr