Epic Perfect World

Treasure Maps

Offline Elena

• Old player. Veno master.
  • Don't worry, my tattoos don't like you either.
  • Characters: Nya
GM in stealth mode trying to catch someone while stealing the map boss in one of the dozen places, it's hardly enforceable and would require really a lot of time, which I am pretty sure they could spend in better way   :normal-20:
Should there be a rule against this? And ppl could SS the one's trying to KS the boss and send to GM. o.o

bvanharjr

Sadly the thing about this is, that it's even mostly sins who sit in stealth at the common spawns and take the bosses. There isn't even a way to be observant of that, unless you feel the need to use a detection pot EVERY time, and hope that you're within range for it to work.

And sadly, that's the thing I'm gonna recommend doing. EVERY. TIME.

Angelring13

Okay, this x2 drops period I've had a sin, the same one, pop out of stealth and KS my map 5 bosses near Tellus. I've also had a seeker try to KS my map 4 bosses in the dessert and a whole group of them try to KS my map bosses over in Dreamweaver. Usually its sins in stealth, being that my Venomancer is NOT 150 yet, even if I could use stealth pots, it'd do no good. So this NEEDS to be fixed. I should NOT have to go around being paranoid about people stealing my maps, especially on a private server where you can make alts and get more maps that way. Saddest of all, most of these people are already geared level 150s.

Bottom line, I'm not in PK mode, but the ONLY defense I have against these people is Expel, and that buys me time on map 4 bosses and below to grab aggro, but I still can't out DPS a sin in PvE... especially on map 5 bosses. Something NEEDS to be done, even if this only occurs on x2 drops, bottom line its pathetic that these people would stoop so low.

First off, it should be a bannable offense if you get a SS of them doing it as well as GMs could be invisible in the areas that most commonly get KSed. These are the bosses in Tellus, the dessert and in Dreamweaver. You want to catch them, that's where you look. Or the players should be able to PM you guys and tell you when this occurs, you can pop up over there and check it out while invisible to catch them.

Second off, if they admit to stealing it then they should be banned too. That sin in Tellus flat out told me he stole from me because "you have so many maps already, what does it matter if I steal yours" after he stole 2 map 5 bosses off me. (I even got a friend there to help for the second one and he still did it)

Something needs to be done, it really does. As someone who's starting out, this is a good way to farm EC and it makes a very bad impression that these people are so low as to do this to me and others (I've seen them KS off many others, especially casters) and they won't be punished for it at all. Its downright harassment to have them follow you around and KS your chests and bosses and as such they SHOULD be punished. A 1 day ban... and 2 day ban, anything would be more helpful than allowing this behavior to go on unpunished. Its basically saying to the player base, its perfectly fine to lie, cheat and steal, here's a cookie for your efforts. So please find some way to either make these bosses only killable by the quest holder or at the very least a bannable offense.
Last Edit: Nov 20, 2013, 08:09 pm by Angelring13

Offline Broobndoobn

• Old Player
If a rule at least would be brought up about it stating that if people are to steal maps from others, I'm sure it'd strongly discourage people from doing it. Having GM's at every point watching can just be unreasonable and even at points, a waste of time. But if people can get a screenshot at the least and submit it, if the issue is reoccurring to such a point, I do think some kind of action should be taken.

Offline wesnan10

• Legacy Leader :)
  • i am who i am
  • Faction: Legacy
 :'( i had a sin thad did thad to 2 off my Faction members around Wraithgate + a randome archer got hes bosses + drops stolen to, i kinda dun understand why they do it, is it to piss us off, think its thad,

Offline Lolly

• Forum Veteran
:'( i had a sin thad did thad to 2 off my Faction members around Wraithgate + a randome archer got hes bosses + drops stolen to, i kinda dun understand why they do it, is it to piss us off, think its thad,
They're lazy, don't wanna do the work. So they take from anyone that they see.

if people can get a screenshot at the least and submit it, if the issue is reoccurring to such a point, I do think some kind of action should be taken.

Yespls

Lolly - 150 Ep | Lapras - 150 Wf | Crystal - 150 Ea
Sometimes it physically pains me to hold back my sarcastic comments.

Offline Meese

• Mighty Moose Lord
  • Faction: Ducks
I agree with something being put into the rules. It will more than likely not fix the issue but it will deter some from doing it. There should be some sort of punishment for these people, especially when they admit to it and don't care.

scatterer3

GM in stealth mode trying to catch someone while stealing the map boss in one of the dozen places, it's hardly enforceable and would require really a lot of time, which I am pretty sure they could spend in better way   :normal-20:

And it feels pretty dumb to be honest. Simply create a rule against map stealing. Easier for us and you guys.

Offline Sheikah

• Retired Staff Member
  • Baby GN.
  • Yo, where's my ba-ba and binky?!
I tried guys. :(

2x is off now, so it'll be safe to do these treasure maps without issue.  Unfortunately, the quest is much better with it on. :/

I really wish I could punish especially the main offenders.  I really empathize with yall.

Offline Xcution

• Forum Veteran
  • I am the ocean of the Universe.
  • Characters: Xcution, Skyscream
  • Faction: IceLotus
Just give us nuke button along with map fragments that would disappear after a while. Nukes would kick any ks'er in the face.

Offline Xcution

• Forum Veteran
2x is off now, so it'll be safe to do these treasure maps without issue.  Unfortunately, the quest is much better with it on. :/

I really wish I could punish especially the main offenders.  I really empathize with yall.
Problem is TH is only doable on 2x. At least for me on any other time its bugged. Ether first or second boss doesn't drop fragments. And not occasionally, but ALWAYS when its not 2x. That quest seriously needs tweaking.

Offline Sheikah

• Retired Staff Member
  • Baby GN.
  • Yo, where's my ba-ba and binky?!
Problem is TH is only doable on 2x. At least for me on any other time its bugged. Ether first or second boss doesn't drop fragments. And not occasionally, but ALWAYS when its not 2x. That quest seriously needs tweaking.

Actually, as stupid as it sounds, that is an intended mechanic.  It's not supposed to be 100%.  I remember doing this on official and I didn't even get coins.

I wish that PWI designed it so that the mob/chests is visible to only the person with the map.  Would make things so much easier for everyone.

Offline Xcution

• Forum Veteran
Actually, as stupid as it sounds, that is an intended mechanic.  It's not supposed to be 100%.  I remember doing this on official and I didn't even get coins.

I wish that PWI designed it so that the mob/chests is visible to only the person with the map.  Would make things so much easier for everyone.
It definitely sounds stupid. Not being able to complete TH for weeks. Eventually u just quit doing dat shit.

Offline AeonSword

• fgt
  • fgt
I think this was mentioned before but why not implement a system like you did with that Antoine damage check thingy. It only gets assigned to you and no one else can touch the mob.

Angelring13

On the normal server, I used to save up for weeks on my alt classes, then when a double drops event hit, I'd go all out, because I really needed the money and 100 skills. It was worth it on normal server, and people still KSed there, but a lot less frequently as it was bannable if they were caught and people would WC shame them for days after.

And yes, I'd love it if no one else could touch my mobs, although, the issue with that is if you are a lower level with less gear, you may have a lot of trouble with the Enlightened bosses and being able to defeat them without a squad... I suppose you could grab a cleric friend/alt account and heal yourself outside the squad though. o.o