Epic Perfect World

PVP Help

Offline Rivaille

So.. I have a level 148 Venomancer, and I was in Nightscream trying to get some coins. A couple other venos ganged up on me out of the blue, I tried to fight back but I barely scratched one of them, while they killed me easily! While my armor is only lvl 130 (Yeah, I should probably buy some better armor,) I have a level 145 Nirvana weapon, so I'm not sure why I didn't give more damage. Is it because I'm only level 148..? I have like 750 points in MAG, so I'm not lacking in that either. What could be wrong with my veno? Any advice for better PVP would be great. Also, what are the best classes for PVP on EPW? Archers seem to be popular from what I've seen.
Last Edit: Nov 12, 2013, 10:13 pm by Rivaille

Offline Rivaille

I wasn't talking about the defensive aspect of it. My veno should be dealing much more damage than what she is currently dealing. Please, if you aren't going to give respectful/thought out answers, don't reply at all.

vlntbty

Well I assume the people who attacked you were most likely R8 geared and you are just in 130 gear so yeah. Even if they were in Dragon Gear, it is A LOT better than 130 gear.  :-X

Offline Tannis

• Forum Veteran
  • I am Satan's Peacekeeper. Veritas Aequitas.
  • Characters: I have 18... #nolife
I wasn't talking about the defensive aspect of it. My veno should be dealing much more damage than what she is currently dealing. Please, if you aren't going to give respectful/thought out answers, don't reply at all.
The level of your armor has a part in the damage you do, as you progress in the armor sets, the bonus becomes more and more powerful. Get at least nirvy armor before you try to pvp.
WHEN I IS DO THE DAMAGE ON THE PLAYER PLAYER IS THE GET 15m/s ANTIDIZZY I AM LIKE WAAAAAT NOOO AND HE IS RUN WHY:((( I NO IS CAN CATCH HIM WTFFF

Offline Rivaille

The level of your armor has a part in the damage you do, as you progress in the armor sets, the bonus becomes more and more powerful. Get at least nirvy armor before you try to pvp.

Thanks so much! I had no idea that armor contributed towards your overall attack. (I guess I should have known this earlier). I appreciate the help!

Offline Unicorn2

• Forum Veteran
  • My advice to you, my violent friend, is to seek out gold and sit on it.
  • Characters: Unicorn
  • Faction: ThaClicK
You have to take into consideration the vast difference between nirvana, dragon and r8. If the people were using r8 they could have 50+ defense levels if they were using a defense weapon. If they had a cube and warsong they could have 10+ more attack and defense. Now, if you only had 130 gear with the nirvana weapon, you would only have around 10-15 attack levels. Now, the base for a r8 set is 25 defense levels. That is a HUGE difference.
See what I mean?  :-\
[9:53:42 AM] Matty: FACTOR ALPHA UNICORN WANTS ME TO RUB HER HORN OH MY GOD
[9:54:05 AM] ♥: Yes, my Dear One. Rub it, and rub it good.

Offline Feone

• Forum Veteran
Your question pretty much equates to "I was throwing rocks at this guy driving a tank, why doesn't it work?".

It may not be too obvious especially for newer players but the bonusses on armor are absolutely huge.  Especially when you take r8r gear and put it up against something like a nirvy weapon.  Add to that the regular statpoints added on armor for an even bigger effect.

Also, veno damage mostly comes from using good combos. Wearing 130 gear you are way too squishy to survive long enough to deal a few good combo hits.

Offline Tannis

• Forum Veteran
  • I am Satan's Peacekeeper. Veritas Aequitas.
  • Characters: I have 18... #nolife
Thanks so much! I had no idea that armor contributed towards your overall attack. (I guess I should have known this earlier). I appreciate the help!
Glad to help.
WHEN I IS DO THE DAMAGE ON THE PLAYER PLAYER IS THE GET 15m/s ANTIDIZZY I AM LIKE WAAAAAT NOOO AND HE IS RUN WHY:((( I NO IS CAN CATCH HIM WTFFF

Offline 🌙

• sux
  • not doing commissions pls do not ask
Unless they're stupid and outnumbered, there is no way in hell someone in 130 gear will kill someone in 150 gear. Especially r8. They have a ton more attack/defense levels and defense/attack/hp in general.

Get dragon gear, at least. Which requires level 150. Honestly, ec farming in ns is not a good idea nor of any kind of priority before 150.

You can get ec other ways - twilight temple, daily bh, world bosses, pv/gv (which you use to level, so you get ec at the same time), mobs in starry wilds, selling gold (though you might wanna keep it to get demonic stuff) etc.  Don't worry about ns yet.

Also, any class is good. Depends how you want to play and if you can play it well. Archers are popular bc they're easy to get kills, like sins. Venos are useful to. There's no best.
:-X
Last Edit: Nov 13, 2013, 07:59 pm by homu

Offline Rinadiel

• Forum Veteran
  • Faction: HellRazor
Unless they're stupid and outnumbered, there is no way in hell someone in 130 gear will kill someone in 150 gear. Especially r8. They have a ton more attack/defense levels and defense/attack/hp in general.

Get dragon gear, at least. Which requires level 150. Honestly, ec farming in ns is not a good idea nor of any kind of priority before 150.

You can get ec other ways - twilight temple, daily bh, world bosses, pv/gv (which you use to level, so you get ec at the same time), mobs in starry wilds, selling gold (though you might wanna keep it to get demonic stuff) etc.  Don't worry about ns yet.

Also, any class is good. Depends how you want to play and if you can play it well. Archers are popular bc they're easy to get kills, like sins. Venos are useful to. There's no best.
:-X
Its also not a good place to farm ec if you can't handle the aspects of pk here. Way to many qq in ns.

Lol. But yes theres much more ways to get ec, MUCH SAFER ways at that. Do rancor each time you get, You will not only get ec, but you'll also level up a few times in doing so.

Offline Sheikah

• Retired Staff Member
  • Baby GN.
  • Yo, where's my ba-ba and binky?!
I would suggest getting at least 140 primal, but even so, NS is the Vegas of EPW, and usually the only people that go in there are 150's who can take a hit, and under 150's who have no idea what they're getting themselves into.  Go for the safer farming spots.  TT (1-3 is easiest, and possibly doable with your current set up) is a really good spot now.

Since you did get your answer and now it's mostly regurgitating the same info, I'm gonna close this.  Happy gaming :)