13 (43.3%)
Psy
17 (56.7%)

Total Members Voted: 26

Voting closed: June 30, 2012, 09:36 pm

Which class better Wiz or Psy

Offline Tinykiller

• Boooooooyaaaaaa
Psy + Wiz suck compared to the Chuck Norris class you start of lvl 500000 and kill people by looking at them
_Cocaine_! - Lvl 150 barb
Cocaiinee - Lvl 150 sin
Bangers - Lvl 140 physic
Coocaine - Lvl 150 seeker
<3Tiny - Lvl 150 Wizzard
_Cocaine_ - Lvl 150 Archer
Tinykiller - Lvl 150 Bm

Offline Ephimer

• Come...Oblivion awaits...
WARNING! Wall of Text inbound.

Let us be realistic about this and ignore the Chuck Norris comment...

Pros:

Psychic:
-The fastest spellcaster.
-Deals powerful magical attacks on others.
-Increased physical defense in fish-form. Why you would care is beyond me...
-Can work as damage dealer and status booster/hasted wizards.
-Works as a backup healer with Bubble of Life and Empowered Vigor.
-AoE spells at high levels that also come with added effects.
-Kills most mobs before they reach you (apart from mobs that have long range attacks)
-Psychic Will (Temporary physical immunity.)

Wizards:
-Highest damage in the game when built correctly.
-Great AoE skills.
-Very high magic defense.
-The least popular class on most servers including Retail so if you like to be different...
-Have their own heal skill that heals better than any other skill in the game depending on your build. (No longer the case but it should fully heal you if you are alone.)
-Level up fast due to using AoE abilities...If you are brave enough.

Cons:

Psychic:
-Low HP, possibly the lowest in the game if built as a Pure.
-Requires higher refine levels to increase soul skills (thus an end game character)
-Steals aggro easily.
-Because of the above, they are not the most sought after DpS classes.

Wizards:
-Low HP.
-Long channel time on skills.
-Low physical defense.
-Slow movement speed.
-Always needs chi.
-Require a lot of patience.
-Difficult to play at low levels.
-Expensive to play.
-Low priority addition to most squads in most cases.

Now lets look at the skills...

Psychic:
-Fast
-Powerful
-Boring until later levels

Wizard:
-Slow
-Powerful
-Flashy but still boring after awhile...

In my personal opinion they are both amazing if you like casters, however...They are both a class you have to spend time with and take care of. If you like playing solo like I do, playing as one can be tough, however, it is equally rewarding when the end game content comes closer and closer. I would choose Psychic over the Wizard purely for PvP and Wizards over Psychics for PvE. Regardless of this, I have one of each. (Not on this server, but on every other one I play on.)

If you like pure raw power and flashy skills, or if you like Role Playing as an Arcane Powerhouse, go for Wizard.

If you like swift punishing blows, survivability, or if you like Role Playing as a Arcane Powerhouse go for Psychic.

They have a ton of differences and a ton of similarities really. The choice should be based on how you play, not by which is better.
If you think I am insane you should meet my other personality...
WARNING! Wall of Text inbound.

Let us be realistic about this and ignore the Chuck Norris comment...

Pros:

Psychic:
-The fastest spellcaster.
-Deals powerful magical attacks on others.
-Increased physical defense in fish-form. Why you would care is beyond me...
-Can work as damage dealer and status booster/hasted wizards.
-Works as a backup healer with Bubble of Life and Empowered Vigor.
-AoE spells at high levels that also come with added effects.
-Kills most mobs before they reach you (apart from mobs that have long range attacks)
-Psychic Will (Temporary physical immunity.)

Wizards:
-Highest damage in the game when built correctly.
-Great AoE skills.
-Very high magic defense.
-The least popular class on most servers including Retail so if you like to be different...
-Have their own heal skill that heals better than any other skill in the game depending on your build. (No longer the case but it should fully heal you if you are alone.)
-Level up fast due to using AoE abilities...If you are brave enough.

Cons:

Psychic:
-Low HP, possibly the lowest in the game if built as a Pure.
-Requires higher refine levels to increase soul skills (thus an end game character)
-Steals aggro easily.
-Because of the above, they are not the most sought after DpS classes.

Wizards:
-Low HP.
-Long channel time on skills.
-Low physical defense.
-Slow movement speed.
-Always needs chi.
-Require a lot of patience.
-Difficult to play at low levels.
-Expensive to play.
-Low priority addition to most squads in most cases.

Now lets look at the skills...

Psychic:
-Fast
-Powerful
-Boring until later levels

Wizard:
-Slow
-Powerful
-Flashy but still boring after awhile...

In my personal opinion they are both amazing if you like casters, however...They are both a class you have to spend time with and take care of. If you like playing solo like I do, playing as one can be tough, however, it is equally rewarding when the end game content comes closer and closer. I would choose Psychic over the Wizard purely for PvP and Wizards over Psychics for PvE. Regardless of this, I have one of each. (Not on this server, but on every other one I play on.)

If you like pure raw power and flashy skills, or if you like Role Playing as an Arcane Powerhouse, go for Wizard.

If you like swift punishing blows, survivability, or if you like Role Playing as a Arcane Powerhouse go for Psychic.

They have a ton of differences and a ton of similarities really. The choice should be based on how you play, not by which is better.

nice post and all valid atm, however i suggest this list be remade once decent comes out

now i have both a 150 wiz and a 150 psy and i LOVE my wiz and get bored on my psy. maybe its just me but on a psy the game is way to easy...

Offline Ephimer

• Come...Oblivion awaits...
I think that is the main point I was trying to make at the end there. Each person has their own way of playing and hell, some people might think those who play as casters are crazy and ignorant. The thing to remember is that you are entitled to your own opinion and you should enjoy whichever you choose.

I have one of each on other servers, I never get bored dominating PvP with my Psychic though in PvE I get bored with hitting 1 then 2 over and over...My Wizard is a ton of fun in PvE because I can see flashy skills and enjoy myself, feeling like I am actually crushing the target with a Black Ice Dragon, though in PvP I feel like I am to focused on kiting and not dying to actually enjoy the damage I deal.
If you think I am insane you should meet my other personality...

Offline kurn

Offline kurn

i played all the magic classes and psy is the best for me