Epic Perfect World

Ranking Page

Offline Devil Trigger

• Haters gonna hate
  • Lack motivation to care
  • Characters: DevilTrigger, Ghoul
  • Faction: Salvation
Eh just curious on how people feel on it getting rid of the pk ranking page, I use to look at it to see if my spot moved and agreed it was cool that it was moving up but kinda lost it when you look at the first page ranking in general and you can pretty much tell who isn't legit and a a kill farmer kinda beats the purpose in having ranking page right? Bummed out people farming for kills thinking their a bad ass with a lot of kills but in my view makes ya seem kinda pathetic but just wanting other peoples views no rage or hate give a reason with your answer.  :smiley:
Last Edit: Nov 01, 2013, 06:58 pm by Devil Trigger

Offline Ivan

• Ibun
  • Faction: Ducks
Wat did I just read  ???

Offline Ace

• Stop bothering me.
  • Characters: Ace
  • Faction: Regicide Leader
really it just gives a reason for people to do stuff like camp @ the TM area for kills and that sorta thing. And encourages sins to look for people to stealth spark to bump up their kills on the page. But I never really thought it was a good idea to begin with.

Offline Devil Trigger

• Haters gonna hate
  • Lack motivation to care
  • Characters: DevilTrigger, Ghoul
  • Faction: Salvation
Yeah, and alot of work hard on our gear and kinda take pk or having a legit rank seriously and when people see the ranking page now and it's filled with trash wanna be farmers defeats the purpose of even trying rather not have it then look and see how much people like to farm for their kills

Offline Unicorn2

• Forum Veteran
  • My advice to you, my violent friend, is to seek out gold and sit on it.
  • Characters: Unicorn
  • Faction: ThaClicK
I forgot we even had a ranking page.  :-X
[9:53:42 AM] Matty: FACTOR ALPHA UNICORN WANTS ME TO RUB HER HORN OH MY GOD
[9:54:05 AM] ♥: Yes, my Dear One. Rub it, and rub it good.

Offline 🌸

• -
  • Characters: Mercy, Sigh
I don't think it's much of an issue to be honest, it promotes pk and not many people actually care about their rank.

Cheebee

we have a ranking page?

Offline Sheikah

• Retired Staff Member
  • Baby GN.
  • Yo, where's my ba-ba and binky?!
I never cared for it; I always thought that it promoted drama and pk farming more than legit pk's.  What I wanted to see more is a personal kills page that only players who own the account could see.

I highly doubt it'll be removed unless something really extreme happens, and so far, for the most part, people have been good.

Offline Rinadiel

• Forum Veteran
  • Faction: HellRazor
just wondering, would the rankings ever reset? Some people have like 1k+ kills and it just keeps adding and adding Lol. (yes thats the point) but new people that pk later on will never catch up at the way its going. I suggest having a reset interval, maybe every month? Maybe also adding a reward system for the top 10 pkers? would be cool and more motivational.

Offline Sheikah

• Retired Staff Member
  • Baby GN.
  • Yo, where's my ba-ba and binky?!
just wondering, would the rankings ever reset? Some people have like 1k+ kills and it just keeps adding and adding Lol. (yes thats the point) but new people that pk later on will never catch up at the way its going. I suggest having a reset interval, maybe every month? Maybe also adding a reward system for the top 10 pkers? would be cool and more motivational.

It's supposedly updated every day 10 minutes after midnight server time, and reset every first of the month.  Since today is the 2nd (technically still the 1st for some of us), it should've reset.  I can go check.

Edit: Last updated October 1st.   Hang tight.

Offline Rinadiel

• Forum Veteran
  • Faction: HellRazor
It's supposedly updated every day 10 minutes after midnight server time, and reset every first of the month.  Since today is the 2nd (technically still the 1st for some of us), it should've reset.  I can go check.

Edit: Last updated October 1st.   Hang tight.
ah didn't see the fine print on the bottom xD

Offline Tannis

• Forum Veteran
  • I am Satan's Peacekeeper. Veritas Aequitas.
  • Characters: I have 18... #nolife
I don't think it's much of an issue to be honest, it promotes pk and not many people actually care about their rank.
This. Honestly, pvp on this server is dwindling on the brink of extinction, sadly. Anything that would promote more RPK is greatly appreciated.
WHEN I IS DO THE DAMAGE ON THE PLAYER PLAYER IS THE GET 15m/s ANTIDIZZY I AM LIKE WAAAAAT NOOO AND HE IS RUN WHY:((( I NO IS CAN CATCH HIM WTFFF

Ennaoj

+1, lol.

For the Cleric list alone, I see names on the list that say zero for kills, but I've done and gave my "share" of kills and my cleric's name is not even there xD

Offline Agatio

• Game Veteran
+1, lol.

For the Cleric list alone, I see names on the list that say zero for kills, but I've done and gave my "share" of kills and my cleric's name is not even there xD
Well it matters who you are killing  =o

Offline Meese

• Mighty Moose Lord
  • Faction: Ducks
In a perfect world (pun intended), we wouldnt need a ranking page because everyone would be pking. However, for some people, those pages give them an incentive to pk; they want to be the very "best", like no one ever was, to catch them is their real test.. wait no.. Any incentive for more pk is a plus at the moment (Besides, some people check rankings before joining a server to see how much pk there is, so theres that too)